Closed Thread
Page 43 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=michellek;7376293]Hi babyg4 were you in the march 2012 dig? Pretty sure that's why your name is familiar, if so we night end up in another together

Yes I was in the March 2012 DIG even though my cheeky girl ended up arriving in feb. Hopefully we end up in another group together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes page 21 for me. And I see the green colour on my mobile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is anyone reading up on gender sway? We would love a boy first, but we will focus on timing only, not worry about anything else.
    I read that (among many MANY other things lol) for a girl it's best to not orgasm! I don't think I'd let DH pull that one haha... I'd rather risk my luck :-P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha I have read quite a lot about it but can't actually do any of it because of IVF but I was really curious so read up on it. Hahaha I hadn't read about the lack of orgasming helping for a girl though! That's a new one! I think the frequency and days from ovulation would be the easiest to go by.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The most logical I've heard is that male swimmers are stronger and female swimmers are hardier. She will be slow to get to egg but live longer; he gets to egg quickly but dies quickly too.
    Makes sense that they say if you want a girl stop DDT 4-5 before ovulation, and for boy sex day of O.
    I don't give much stock for putting ice on your "bits" and whatnot. Much more hassle than it's worth lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just an update on my goal for the year. I weighed in at 54kg and I ran and walked 2km.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow-I just saw it in big font above your last post??

I admire and think large families are wonderful Baby...my friend at school almost had two families. Her and her sister were born 2 years apart, then her parents waited 6 years and had two more children. I thought that was nice, but also that you have to start pretty young to do it and by the time she left school her parents still had two children in primary...so they kinda looked a bit tired hahah. But I do have really fond memories of occassions in their household and always wanted 4 kids but now I'm willing to go down to 3 and DH wants 2 so I may have to some negotiating...his views are very similar to yours Rainbow, a lot to do with money!

But then it's what kind of lifestyle you want to have, he wants them to have everything because he grew up in a crappy house and such, whereas my upbringing was lets say financially easier... so I have a different view... I can now see money doesn't buy you happiness, in fact it can make things bad in a family....lots of things to consider!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely agree that money doesn't buy happiness but I would hate for my children to go without because I had too many of them. If they would have to sacrifice yearly holidays overseas, being able to go out for dinner on the weekend, going to the movies with friends and those sorts of "basic" things then I would have to think long and hard about it. I grew up wanting for nothing and don't necessarily agree with it but I also know how nice it was to not have to worry about mum and dad not having money to pay for my school camps and trips or for my totally awesome birthday parties lol. I think if we are comfortable and have the capacity then sure we can have more!! If we are having to make money stretch then it's probably not suh a good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    I definitely agree that money doesn't buy happiness but I would hate for my children to go without because I had too many of them. If they would have to sacrifice yearly holidays overseas, being able to go out for dinner on the weekend, going to the movies with friends and those sorts of "basic" things then I would have to think long and hard about it. I grew up wanting for nothing and don't necessarily agree with it but I also know how nice it was to not have to worry about mum and dad not having money to pay for my school camps and trips or for my totally awesome birthday parties lol. I think if we are comfortable and have the capacity then sure we can have more!! If we are having to make money stretch then it's probably not suh a good idea!

That is true and never really had to consider money being an issue for mum and dad, but what a burden for a little child, especially if you could have prevented it by not having as many children. I would hate that, so thank you for making me think of that!! We def want to be able to treat our kids to holidays every Summer. I think it is great when parents do have money but they don't spoil their children, they make them appreciate it by telling them to get a job in the teens and learning to save pocket money to be able to buy special extras etc.
    Also importantly is being able to afford things like braces which are super expensive but makes a massive difference to your child's self esteem (if they need them)...and school camps and extra tuition. At the end of the day I think we are on the same page Rainbow...the more I think about it, the more I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I completely agree. Money doesn't make you happy but you need to have enough to support your children. Me and hubby are lucky to be financially stable so we happy to expand the family but if I couldn't give my girlies everything I wanted to then I'd stop at 4.