Closed Thread
Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How many smokers have we got? From memory you were trying to cut down H&H is that right? Anyone else?

I have now stopped smoking for 1 week and 1 day! Can you believe it?! Very happy about that. I can thank the surgery for it but even once I am healed I will not have another smoke!

Any smokers want to do a challenge or even if there is anything you guys want to work on? Could be health, finance, (anything really) related lol.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So proud Rain, it's an amazing accomplishment you should be really proud. I'm so glad a horrid procedure brought some good into your life :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post

I have now stopped smoking for 1 week and 1 day! Can you believe it?! Very happy about that. I can thank the surgery for it but even once I am healed I will not have another smoke!
    Wooo! That's great, good on you
    My aunt & uncle just 'celebrated' 1yr smoke free. They had both smoked for probably 30+yrs and tried so many times to quit, this looks like its for good

Coco - to help with your target of 5km, are you able to find a fun run in the future and say "I'm going to do that" ? I find that if I sign myself up for them, I have no choice but to get out there and work my butt off...I'm doing the city to surf in 4wks (running with the pram) & have felt committed to it since signing up a couple of months ago

Well, past my bedtime. Got my fix of offspring & now need to sleep before hitting the road early in the morning. Taking dd down south the visit my nanna so a long day ahead for us

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls feeling very proud of it myself. Wow I'll be stoked when I hit one year! I had been smoking for 13 years so almost half my life - shocking really! Kinda makes me cringe thinking about it. Quitting hasn't been as bad as I thought - maybe having baby on the brain so much has helped take the edge off. The FS will be happy to hear (not here lol) it on Monday as well!

I'm off to bed as well. Enjoy visiting your nanna Michelle Hope you and your DD have a nice day!

ETA - spelling correction! Don't sleep and type haha

Last edited by rainbowbabe; 01-08-2013 at 12:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wish DH has as much an easy time as u Rain. U have good timing though; I hear packets are going up $5/pack in an attempt to deter use. If that happens, ill be putting my foot down with DH. It's an expensive habit as it is. No way were spending MORE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow just needed to read back, we sure are a chatty bunch

I too am trying to lose weight as well. I didn't put any weight on with my DD, but with my DS I put on 13kg which I have had trouble losing due to my PCOS.

On the subject of PHI, we have it so I have I can have the same OB all the way through as I am classed as a high risk patient.

Also congratulations to those of you who are taking the step to quite smoking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kim I think if I had any reason to think I would require extra care then I'm sure that would change my decision. However as I really want a birthing centre, they're public anyway so I figure why bother? I couldn't find many cons tbh. Obviously there's no right or wrong, so I just need to trust my judgement that this is the best choice for us :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kim would you like to join our little challenge then? It's really more just to motivate each other. We are very chatty aren't we? Hope it's not making it too hard for people to keep up.

MrsT - I hadn't heard anything about them going up again! Far out! I remember when used to be under $10. Now they are nearly $20! I'm glad DF is on her way to quitting as well then. Has your DH started cutting down?

We will be going through the public system as well. We can't justify the expense to go private esp after spending so much on IVF etc. I have researched it a lot and most people say the benefit they had going private was the hospital room and length of stay. We don't care if there are others in the room - our local hospital have more single rooms than shared rooms anyway so chances are we will have a single room. We also want to get home as soon as possible (fingers crossed) so that won't matter either.

It's definitely a personal choice and if we ever had issues and needed extra care then we would probably look at alternatives but for now that's where we are at

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Kim I think if I had any reason to think I would require extra care then I'm sure that would change my decision. However as I really want a birthing centre, they're public anyway so I figure why bother? I couldn't find many cons tbh. Obviously there's no right or wrong, so I just need to trust my judgement that this is the best choice for us :-)
    I glad it is the best choice for you. You need to be happy with where you want to give birth.

I would love to join the challenge.
    Last edited by Kimnus; 01-08-2013 at 13:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes im cutting down/quitting I haven't had a cigarette for a week now yay!!!

Put me down too, I know im not trying to lose weight but I wanna stack up a few kilos.

Anyone got a simple diet suggestions?