Closed Thread
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry to read the public/private discussion here lol... I just recently decided I was not going to bother upgrading my PHI to cover prenatal care (I currently have top extras cover).
    I think I've still made the right decision for us tho :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got 16kg more to loose until I'm happy with my weight.. I've never been a tiny girl, alway curvy and muscular from swimming and dancing but since giving them up I've packed it on and ended up with insulin resistance which makes loosing weight a bit more difficult. I follow a Paleo lifestyle now, hit the gym and pole dance so I'm slowly loosing weight but its a long road. Maybe we can support each other on here MrsT? It'll be good to talk to someone who's in the same sort of situation =) no better reason to loose weight than to be ready for a baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm interested in pregnancy classes. There seems to be a lot of pilates and yoga, so will def be doing that. I wonder if there's any aqua stuff as I love swimming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I'm sorry to read the public/private discussion here lol... I just recently decided I was not going to bother upgrading my PHI to cover prenatal care (I currently have top extras cover).
    I think I've still made the right decision for us tho :-)
    That's all that matters MrsT, as long as it's good for you and DH...My sister went private at Mercy Hosp and it was lovely, so probs will go down that road also as I mentioned in previous posts, there may be a high chance I'll end up with a c-section so I'd like to have an Ob for that reason

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I assumed I would go private up til now, but then I sat down and really went through the pros and cons and decided I didn't think it necessary. ESP because bub is covered under DHs work medical anyway (he is defence) so I don't need family cover. Typical his kids get covered but his wife doesn't *rolls eyes*

With birthing centres there's a "team" of midwives covering you so although ur not guaranteed to have the same one all through, you will definitely share the 3 or 4 or however many there are. I think that's a good compromise, and means I will still know my midwife personally during labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vonnie I would someone to keep me accountable :-)
    Agreed; if there's a good motivator, it should be easy. Having someone with you is important.
    Ok well I'm going to be daring and put it down in writing!!
    I, MrsT, am 176cm tall and 89kg giving me a bmi of 28.7 (overweight). I pledge that by 31 December I will have lost a minimum 10kg and dropping my BMI to 25.5 (borderline normal/overweight)

There, it's in writing now I have to ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done MrsT, that is a great start! I will cheer you on hun Just remember the end goal is so worthwhile-pregnancy then baby

Side note...I know all too well about the medical cover and the military too DH used to be in the army for 6 years...not fair hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    While we still on topic of staying healthy. Theres one thing worrying me. With DD, my bmi is normal really but once I got pregnant I lost so much weight and even went below 50kg that went on for the whole pregnancy. I couldn't eat at all was lucky to get a handful of food a day. What you ladies think I can do to make sure this doesn't happen. I put it down to the fact that not only was I not eating healthy pre pregnancy but my eating habit were pretty bad, I would spend days on only one meal a day usually lunch, at the moment im trying to find ways to get my self in the habit of eating more frequently, anything else you can advise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsT & Vonnie - I am also on a mission to lose weight to get in better shape! I have stacked on the weight over the last couple of years time to lose it! Well done for being so brave MrsT but I have this whole issue with people knowing my weight. Not sure why it's such a problem for me but I will say I would like to shed 20kg over the next 12 months as well. I am actually spending my time at home trying to come with new healthy meals to have as well.

Maybe we could just do a weekly weigh in and update how much we have lost? That will help us to stay on track?

H&H - maybe you could speak to a nutritionist and get them to put you on to a meal plan? That way you are eating x amount of calories per day. The amount would depend on your weight. That way your body has enough to maintain itself but won't gain or lose any.. That's all I can come up with.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    H&H I would also recommend a nutritionist. Unfortunately being underweight has never been a problem of mine LOL
    But they are the best to help recommend types of food as well as quantities. I had a friend who was directed to eat a 2litre of ice cream a week until she was up to weight. I love that diet haha.

Geez I have a thing with people knowing my weight too but I figured the first step is acceptance right :-/
    I think a weekly weigh in is a wonderful idea. I suggest we do it on a Monday; keeps you careful on the weekend ;-)