Closed Thread
Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post

Rainbow- I had a water birth for dd and couldn't recommend it enough if it is available. I am a bit (ok, a lot) of a sook when it comes to pain but I managed to birth dd in the bath with absolutely no other pain relief. The submersion & warmth of the water really did help me. Fingers crossed for another problem free pregnancy & ill be back in the water again without a second thought (and its sooooo much cleaner!)
    That sounds fantastic Michelle. What hospital was that? I would be very interested to give that a go. From the births I've seen on TV...the water ones are the most beautiful, the mums are so centred and it actually looks really peaceful (if that's possible)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much chatter! Ill try and remember to reply to everything, but not sure ill be able to!

Nursery - I've had 2 babies and never done one! Both boys coslept with us, DS1 until 18 months (yes we had 2 in the bed for 4 months!) and DS2 is still cosleeping now at 19months. I love looking at nurseries online (you should see my Pinterest!) but it's something that we would never use. But I plan on making awesome rooms for the boys when we buy our place next year.

When are we TTC - the earliest will be very late 2014, and possibly not even until 2015! So ill be at the back of the pack, but wanted somewhere to fit in!

How many kids? - we have 2 boys at the moment. Because of the large gap the compromise DH has made is we will have 2 more, making 4 in total, but in a perfect world I would LOVE 5! If all went to my perfect plan, DS1 would be 13 when we have number 5/our last.

Birth plans - I will be booking a csect for between 40 & 41 weeks. If I go into labour ill have a go at a vbac, but I'm not fussed either way. DS1 was an emergency csect @ 41+5 and DS2 was a planned csect on his due date.

Mrs T - good luck with the online shop!!

H&H - how exciting that you're starting the process! Good luck with it all!

AFM - I'm studying too! I'm a first year nursing student, but I'm looking at taking a leave of absence this semester to find some part time work to help boost our home deposit and then going back to it in a year or so

I'm at home with 2 sick kiddies (and yesterday with a sick DH!) unfortunately DS2 has bronchitis for the second time in a month. Looks like he might be prone to respiratory things and possibly asthma, which isn't that much of a surprise. DH has asthma, and DH, DS1 & DS2 all get bad excema

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love, hugs to you and your kids (and your big kid DH too lol) nothing worse than a house full of grumbling sickies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    That sounds fantastic Michelle. What hospital was that? I would be very interested to give that a go. From the births I've seen on TV...the water ones are the most beautiful, the mums are so centred and it actually looks really peaceful (if that's possible)
    It was at the family birth centre (I'm in WA) next door to King Eddie's. It was the compromise I took as dh was very adamant there would be no home birthing in case something goes wrong. Still, I couldn't fault the care at all before, during & after. Peaceful...? well I wasn't a screaming banchee

Love my children-hope your household returns to healthy very soon! I had a sick dd last week & it was not nice dealing with just the 1

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I'm not a fan of home birthing tbh. I completely understand its pros and I respect those that go through it. I would just much rather be in the system personally. I think birthing centre is a healthy mid ground :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    H&H 2 hours in and out sounds ideal. TBH I'm quite scared of the whole experience. I have a girlfriend who didn't have the best birthing experience. But she says it was more the hospital and the fact that she had put on a fair bit of weight. But she's the only girlfriend who's told me some of the nitty gritty. Hearing all of that and seeing how exhausted she was two weeks later gave me a bit of a fright.

But she makes a great mum and loves her little DD. so I know it's certainly worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't really have a choice how I give birth due to my blood condition. With DS I wanted to try the whole natural delivery and when I went into labour DS became distressed and we started to lose his heartbeat.

I got rushed in for an emergency c-section and while I was on the table I lost a lot of blood and ended passing out. My DH got rushed out of the theater and of course this caused him to worry and he thought that he was going to end up a single father. Luckily this wasn't the case. So the safest option is a controlled elective c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that water birth would be a great option for us because its more natural but done at our local hospital so if anything goes wrong they would pull DF out of the water

Coco - what did your friend tell you? I love hearing about people's bad experiences - that sounds horrible but it's not what I mean. It's just hearing about the good ones is nice but doesn't help others really prepare. Hearing the bad things makes me feel more prepared if something doesn't go right. It helps to not freak out as well because you might expect or understand different things. It also sets more realistic expectations and that's it's not all a walk in the park.

I had a friend who had an amazing pregnancy and was feeling fine but then had a panic attack when it came time to deliver. She got completely overwhelmed and felt like she couldn't do it anymore and had a break down... Not sure if it was just the exhaustion and hormones that made her crack but she was not looking forward to meeting bub at that point. She also ended up with PND

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    I don't really have a choice how I give birth due to my blood condition. With DS I wanted to try the whole natural delivery and when I went into labour DS became distressed and we started to lose his heartbeat.

I got rushed in for an emergency c-section and while I was on the table I lost a lot of blood and ended passing out. My DH got rushed out of the theater and of course this caused him to worry and he thought that he was going to end up a single father. Luckily this wasn't the case. So the safest option is a controlled elective c-section.
    That must have been so scary. I would do the same thing in your position. You know what is best for your body and your family. That must have scared your DH so much if there was any sort of risk to bub or myself I wouldn't hesitate for a c section. Natural is always my first choice but not if there is any concerns!!!! Glad everything ended well for you though x

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimnus thank god for modern medicine and a safe c-section. I hope it isn't as scary this time round.

Rainbow I understand what you're saying about hearing the bad stories to manage your own expectations.

Basically my girlfriend is 32 and this was her 1st baby. She put on an excessive amount of weight and by 40 weeks nothing was happening. Well actually she was dilating slightly and in a lot of pain. But the hospital kept sending her home. She wasn't coping with the pain so she went back and they were thinking of inducing her but it turned out she was already dilating. But the baby wasn't coming out.

They then sent her home again! And she was in agony - her words not mine.

She eventually went back and they had to give her an emergency c section. My girlfriend then developed severe back and hip pain (mainly because of the weight gain). And of course her DD was not sleeping properly and my poor girlfriend was an absolute wreck.

BUT fabulous ending to the story - things have improved, DD is sleeping better, my girlfriend is working on her weight and couldn't be happier. Like I said before, she makes a great mum.

She also told me some stories of the uncomfortableness afterwards, including bleeding and painful breasts. But I did read about that somewhere.