Closed Thread
Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there
    Im new to this forum ! I am looking at TTC next year. Im not really fussed on when but just at some stage. Ideally I would like to conceive in August September next year to fit around all the birthdays we have!! This will be mine and DP first (and only) baby together So we will be super busy and the only thing that freaks me out is what car will I have to buy?! Theres 8 of us now! But we always take two cars when we go anywhere cos we usually have bikes and scooters and school bags and stuff lol... Any advice on large families also welcomed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think DF wants to have a natural birth - we will be looking into water birthing for her. As for me I'm going to be honest and say I will probably want an epidural. I'm worried that if I wait and see how I cope then it will be too late for an epidural and that the pain will make it a traumatising experience. I know of too many women that planned to go natural then realised that it was too painful but then were told it was too late to do anything about it so they have had to just get on with it. I don't want that to happen to me!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by candyapple82 View Post
    Hey there
    Im new to this forum ! I am looking at TTC next year. Im not really fussed on when but just at some stage. Ideally I would like to conceive in August September next year to fit around all the birthdays we have!! This will be mine and DP first (and only) baby together So we will be super busy and the only thing that freaks me out is what car will I have to buy?! Theres 8 of us now! But we always take two cars when we go anywhere cos we usually have bikes and scooters and school bags and stuff lol... Any advice on large families also welcomed!
    Welcome!! Wow 8 of you now!!! Hmm I can't recommend any cars. We have a seven seater but that won't help you haha. I hope you enjoy this thread! It should be a more enjoyable wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I think we will just stick with the 2 cars We both have 7 seaters. Our kids actually go to the same school but DP is there to pick them up 3 days a week and his ex picks them up the other 2 (uncomfortable much?!)
    I would love to start trying now but we are still feeling out the whole blended family thing. He has his kids 50% so its very hectic but I love it. I always wanted lots of kids!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just really hoping I have similar birth to DD, it was all done in 2 hours, didn't have time for any of the plans I made. But will stick to similar plan though, birthing centre, water birth, no epi and maybe just gas for pain relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Candy and just thinking that your Christmases must be AMAZING with all the kiddywinks!!! The only car I can think of is a mini bus

You ladies all brighten my day! Thank you for giving me a laugh...love the 'one on the loose' Michelle.

I always used to want 4 children when I was little...but then I think of how much it costs and travelling with that many children would be a precise operation. I really want to be able to afford to travel with my children, as I loved that part of my childhood.

Thanks for all the thoughts re my SIL. Hopefully the birth of the twins is easy enough. She is being induced at 7.30am and said she'll ask for an epi...

Talking of births Coco, I have a massive phobia of needles, so epi's scare the bejesus out of me! But my sister said, when you're in that much pain you just want it to go away...would be nice not to have to have one! Also, there is unfortunately a high chance of me having a c-section as both my mum and sister had two each as their pelvis' are small. So I think I may have inherited the same. Would be great if I could do natural though. We will wait and see.

Mrs T and Vonnie, I do like the dark wood too, but would look a bit too 'heavy' with our jarrah floorboards I think. That's why I'm leaning towards white...check out projectnursery.com girls...amazing ideas!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi candyapple! Wow, 8 already, I struggle with dh & dd, you & you partner are superheroes!

With birth plans, try stay as open minded as possible. Yes, you will have your ideal but things do go amiss & if you go in with an open mind you'll probably fair better if things don't go to plan.

Rainbow- I had a water birth for dd and couldn't recommend it enough if it is available. I am a bit (ok, a lot) of a sook when it comes to pain but I managed to birth dd in the bath with absolutely no other pain relief. The submersion & warmth of the water really did help me. Fingers crossed for another problem free pregnancy & ill be back in the water again without a second thought (and its sooooo much cleaner!)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would very much like a birthing centre, and mine is epi free (maybe they all are I'm not sure?). I don't feel the need to prove myself with going all natural etc, I think may as well make everything as easy as possible for both mum and bub, but in saying that I really associate with the style of the birthing centre over a hospital. If that means trying for natural then I'm all for it. There's plenty of non invasive options still.
    I agree having a rigid birthing plan is a million times worse than no plan at al. It's so important to be flexible because you never know what is going to happen. Planning and choice is good and important but it's not the be all and end all.
    The important thing is that mum and bub both come out the other end (relatively) unscathed.

One thing I will mention tho is that I think it's super important to have someone with you who knows when to push and when to stop. I've heard too many stories of 3rd degree tears etc with tiny bubs because the women aren't listening to their bodies. Your body knows just when to push, and whenut comes down to it, you wouldn't be able to stop it even if you wanted to. Those instinctual motions should be what you're listening to. Not the doctor who wants to get home before The Footy Show starts. Another reason I am interested in birthing centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    Hi candyapple! Wow, 8 already, I struggle with dh & dd, you & you partner are superheroes!

With birth plans, try stay as open minded as possible. Yes, you will have your ideal but things do go amiss & if you go in with an open mind you'll probably fair better if things don't go to plan.

Rainbow- I had a water birth for dd and couldn't recommend it enough if it is available. I am a bit (ok, a lot) of a sook when it comes to pain but I managed to birth dd in the bath with absolutely no other pain relief. The submersion & warmth of the water really did help me. Fingers crossed for another problem free pregnancy & ill be back in the water again without a second thought (and its sooooo much cleaner!)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's great! Good on you for doing so well too!!

The hospital closest to us offers water births so it's definitely something we want to look at. I have every bit of confidence that DF will be able to get through the pain but as for me... I feel better now that you have said that so that's a start! The good thing is I will be able to see what DF goes through and that will help me to prepare