Closed Thread
Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Vonnie I deleted the post because I wanted to actually copy and paste the photo and not the link. I'm going to have to try again.

Rainbow I love the white cot with the french provincial style curves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the idea of a chest of drawers as the change table like this:

Nursery Picture.jpg

This is my first time posting a picture. I hope it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The middle cot (Royale Sleigh) is $1100.... Eeeek such expensive taste! But when you look at cost per use and that bub 2 could use it as well I can almost justify it... Can't wait to see everyone else's favs

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    I love the idea of a chest of drawers as the change table like this:

Attachment 39955

This is my first time posting a picture. I hope it works.
    This pic worked! I think that's a great idea and good use of space! Especially in a smaller room!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have really expensive taste not to DH's liking haha. The stokke cot to beds are gorgeous! Love that change table Coco! Leander is also a fave of mine, but exi too. I like unusual things that not everyone has, which usually =pricey! Guess I will be saving lots in the end. Although I was pleasantly surprised with the price of the Rozibaby prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think having expensive taste is ok if ur gonna space it out lol. Start now and you're buying over a span of two years, budget can be much higher :-P
    I need to remind myself not to go overboard on the spending. I know first time mums typically buy much more than they need, things they're never going to actually use, and overlook useful things u don't think of til bub is actually born and your going about ur day.
    Also with clothes etc, I think although this is fun and exciting and low outlay cost wise, it's also the most logical thing to hold off on.
    You go out and buy 15x 0000 jumpsuits, then have a 10pounder and they never even fit it?
    Or you buy winter 00s for bub and he's 2weeks early, and by the time he's big enough to fit them it's summer?
    Clothes would be my likely starting point, however logically it really should be last option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rozibaby prams are reasonably priced. I think I'm going to have to check them out at the next baby expo.

A girlfriend of mine furnished her nursery from Target. It's actually a really beautiful nursery. I think it's all in the accessories.

But like you Hopefully I tend to want to go for the more expensive stuff. But it's like you said - it's because it's unique!

I guess if we're keeping an eye out now, we should be able to find stuff in sales.

Will you guys be painting your nurseries? Can you do that while you're pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also with nurseries, I have a real fondness for dark mahoganies, and that's what our house is filled with. I really want to find nice baby mahogany but I know everyone always says white looks so much fresher n crisper. Ill have to find some photos so u ladies can tell me if I'm crazy for wanting this style or not :-)
    Also yes I'm crazy bout getting stuck into the nursery. Though if we move obviously that has to wait too lol.
    I love decals and plan to go crazy overboard with them :-P

We might be moving to Cairns in March. Both DH and I have all our friends and family in Brisbane so being back in qld would be great. But we have made our own little home here in Perth so I dunno... We are still deciding :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are pregnancy safe paints I think? but they would be expensive. Ur DP can paint, and air the room out nice and early which allows u to be in there as soon as u need to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a mahogany cot I really like:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/desig...-fd3-11-1.html

Yes I think DH would likely be the one painting. But I'd love to help. Or at least watch. But we probably wouldn't paint the room until we knew the gender of the baby.

MrsT it would be difficult to move interstate and start a new family. Will you be working? DH and I were thinking about doing the same thing. But with the way things panned out, we're staying put for now. I was kinda excited to move but also scared. Do you know when you'll be moving?