Closed Thread
Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with you MrsT, as I said, I did fall pregnant extremely fast after the pill but then had the miscarriage so it could very well have been caused by the uterus lining being too thin. I think I'd stop taking it about a month or two prior to when we want to start TTC just to be on the safe side =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsT it makes sense to wait if you're moving!! I would be worried things would get damaged if I bought them and then moved. What state are you moving to?

Also I feel sooooo sorry for you with chronic tonsillitis! I know the feeling and that's why I had mine out last week. I had tonsillitis 7 times in 12 months. Shocking right?!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    MrsT it makes sense to wait if you're moving!! I would be worried things would get damaged if I bought them and then moved. What state are you moving to?

Also I feel sooooo sorry for you with chronic tonsillitis! I know the feeling and that's why I had mine out last week. I had tonsillitis 7 times in 12 months. Shocking right?!

Lucky you had your removed im still debating on that, tonsillitis is a pain but mine has gotten better over the years that's probably why I haven't bothered removing them.

I don't think I will be buying most things till baby is born, furniture wise but will definitely be getting more books and stuff. My addiction is baby clothes, every time I pass by baby section I just want to grab something, DP looked at our finances and just told me we could start early on 2014 so I reckon I can start buying things now :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome H&H!

How was your DD conceived? Was it through IVF/IUDI? That's great news that you can start buying things! I'm a sucker for baby clothes too. I think it's okay to buy whatever but yet all we have bought is those books. I'm sure I'll start buying bits and pieces along the way! Can't wait for people to buy things - pictures please ladies!!!

I want to buy some more recipe books too haha. I'm sure what we eat is not the best! I also want to shed a few kilos - having my tonsils out has been a forced diet!!!

Unless your tonsils are ruining your life I wouldn't suggest getting them out. I had to because I couldn't keep taking that much time off work but it has been the most painful thing I have ever done!! Tattoos, piercings, broken bones - no problems! This.... It's had me crying my eyes out several times!!!!! I can't even swallow my own spit :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi cocoblue! Come chat away with us
    I had a rubella booster a couple of months ago also. Going for a bt this week sometime to check of it did its thing & has boosted my immunity back.

As for baby books, I had a few but really loved "your pregnancy bible" went through development of each week, all about birth, complications, basic baby care etc etc. Found it really handy if you want a start. Otherwise even for the time being, "what to expect before you're expecting"

I really need to try keep up a bit better, I only have a limited memory capacity for the posts I've missed

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had chronic tonsillitis and had my tonsils removed a couple of years ago. The most painful experience I have ever gone through. I ended up being rushed by ambulance 4 days after the surgery because I couldn't stop vomiting and then caused a bit of damage and started bleeding. The surgeon also accidentally cut my tongue.. ouchies! I also had a friend who didn't believe me when I told her how painful it was, she's had a couple of babies and has told me she would prefer to go through labour without painkillers then to get her tonsils removed again.
    But then I have heard of others who have come through it smooth sailing!

I am still on the pill, I want to stay on it until we decide we are ready to actively start trying. I've never smoked and rarely drink alcohol and have a pretty good diet (although I love chocolate!). My weight is great, but because I have had cysts on my ovaries and some un explained spotting mid cycle for over 18 months that no scan/ultrasound/blood test can't explain. Amongst other issues. They changed me to a different pill about 4 months ago and this last cycle I didn't have any spotting or mid cycle bleeds, although my AF stayed for 9 days.. sigh. Not on the pill my AF will stay for 9-20 days argh. Hence why my doctor is pushing me to start a family soon as she believes that I am going to need help...

I must admit I do have baby stuff already, but mainly when I am buying for other friends baby showers etc I always buy a bit extra (singlets/onesies/books). But I won't buy any actual furniture etc until I am UTD.

That was an essay.. sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read "up the duff" and thought it was a great pregnancy book.. Very light hearted and humorous but still informative. I've started having a look through "what to expect before your expecting" as well and it seems pretty interesting =)

As for stocking up on baby things I can't see why not. I think spacing the purchases out over a length of time is a great idea. I'm sure it will make it feel less overwhelming when you're finding it hard to get to the shops because you can barely get off the couch with the big beautiful pregnant belly! I've got one of those massive plastic storage containers that I'll probably start filling up closer to when we start TTC. I want to go with cloth nappies so spacing out those purchases and keeping an eye out for sales will be extremely helpful too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsT & Crumblebee so sorry to hear about your tonsils It sounds horribly painful.

I just googled prams and cots. How on earth do you decide what to get? I have a feeling it's going to take my whole 9 months to work out what I want to get. I'm one of those people that can't help but research, research and more research just to be safe...

As for buying other things like clothes and the like, I think we'll start doing that once we are UTD. My DH will give me very amused looks if I start buying before we actually conceive. But I too would love to see pics when people start buying stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post

I just googled prams and cots. How on earth do you decide what to get? I have a feeling it's going to take my whole 9 months to work out what I want to get. I'm one of those people that can't help but research, research and more research just to be safe...
    I am with you there Coco...so overwhelming with the selection omg!

Tonsilitis is THE worst! I had it only once and that was bad enough, if I had it all the time they'd be out in no time!

Just came back from my nephews' birthday party. Think I am now even cluckier, there were so many babies and none of them cried, just smiled all day ...

Maybe I should start buying baby stuff if I see it and think it's really cute. All you ladies are making me feel good about doing it hhaha. And you're right, if you're planning on children, why not? You could always give it away for a baby shower if you change your mind about liking it or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    I'm the same! I'll happily spend an hour or too researching various baby products.