Closed Thread
Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I never knew about the fertility spike from the pill.. Interesting. Although when I fell pregnant previously I'd only been off the pill for a week or two. It makes sense. I'm going to do some research! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 2 that are pre pregnancy/pregnancy books and then one which shows each step of a baby developing. Just so we can follow along and see what is happening with the baby that week. I took some pics to show what I mean and also of what the other books are. I haven't got any books on IVF yet but kind of want to.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374972394.082991.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374972408.897139.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374972429.012324.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374972443.626123.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374972458.781569.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374972470.534540.jpg

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie89 View Post
    I never knew about the fertility spike from the pill.. Interesting. Although when I fell pregnant previously I'd only been off the pill for a week or two. It makes sense. I'm going to do some research! Lol
    I think it would be worth looking into! My Dr explained it in such a way that I still remember it today (and it was about 7 years ago). I thought it was fascinating and laugh when people say they got pregnant just after stopping the pill because I think of him sitting forward on his chair telling me like it was some top secret medical discovery

It makes sense to me - I'm just not sure how but the window is or if it matter where in your cycle you stop taking the pill kind of thing. Let me know what you find out though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pharmacist said that the pill causes the lining of your uterus to become quite thin. He said you should wait until your period becomes heavier. That way a fertilised egg has more lining to 'stick' to.

This is a great website on baby books http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregn...when-expecting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The pill spike makes sense, but I've never heard anything either. We haven't been on the pill for about 6 months I reckon. We are lazy and use condoms only. I hate the mess otherwise *blush*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found a little article on fertility after the pill here: http://m.parenting.com/entry/view/id/1323

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    My pharmacist said that the pill causes the lining of your uterus to become quite thin. He said you should wait until your period becomes heavier. That way a fertilised egg has more lining to 'stick' to.
    I read this too.. That you should try and wait at least a month before conceiving after stopping the pill to ensure your uterus lining goes back to normal. Apparently every goes back to normal quite quickly after you stop taking it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sometimes feel silly because I want to go out and buy kids picture books and disney movies. I understand the researching prams and wanting to buy baby furniture. But for me it's day dreaming about all the things I want to do with my future babies. Anyone else feel that way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's really interesting Vonnie.. So in that case it's probably good to leave a month as a buffer!

Coco - I kind of do the same thing. It's more about activities that I imagine us doing with kids and even just picturing day to day activities so it's not stuff I could go and buy.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with buying stuff before you are pregnant. It's like as a teenager I started creating a little stash of 'home' things knowing I was going to move out.

Rather than one big shopping spree I spaced it out and bought a kettle one week, toaster the next etc. It's the same sort of thing. If you know you are going to have a baby in the future then what's wrong with buying things a long the way? That's just my opinion of course - maybe I'm a weirdo haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree Rain, if ur gonna have kids you may as well start buying, but try tell DH that lol!
    Though for us, we probably won't be living in this state when I'm UTD so best we move before buying stuff we are just going to have to pack up...

Vonnie I didn't read the article but I can picture what it says :-)
    I've always been of the belief that waiting a few months is better, but I can believe the fertility spike in the first month. I spose the first month would have more a chance of initial miscarriage, or not "taking" but after implantation things would assumedly run fairly smoothly?
    I don't imagine I'll go back on the pill before we start trying anyway. I have chronic tonsilitis which means I'm always on drugs which render the pill useless anyway. Seems a waste.