Closed Thread
Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Coco! You've joined a thread with a great bunch of ladies! I actually started reading a bit. My friend from work gave me a preconception naturopath book, all about diet to prepare you and you partner...also read what to expect before you're expecting (was a bit dry). I really want to get Kaz Cooke's 'Up the duff' book. There are some awesome reviews on it....tempted to buy it now that I have been reminded

Rainbow,DH is fine just a lot on his plate atm with sorting this house stuff out, so his priorities aren't babies at the moment, which I completely understand. When we move in Sept that will change, he just wants to think about this right now...thanks for checking on me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

Cocoblue  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    Haha I tried to do the same thing and kept myself from getting too excited but then I was told it was like I didn't rally want kids yet! Hahaha so now I don't hold baby on all the baby stuff so that there are no misunderstandings. You mentioned you would be doing IVF with your DPs eggs this time is that right? Did you carry the first as well? I am always fascinated as to how others in the same boat have organised it all. DF and I will both carry but she's going first as she is a couple of years older.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Yes I carried the first. DP is quite happy to give her eggs but not to carry. Though to my surprise this morning she was telling me how she gave some thought to breastfeeding and would be willing to do it. Now I got more things to do research on.

As for announcement, I always liked the idea of getting DD a t-shirt about being a big sister or something that simple. The photo idea sounds really good though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im actually in the process of finding books, even DP asked if I could buy her some books to read related to IVF and stuff, hopefully will get some soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope - I'm glad that you are okay it's completely understandable that he has got other things going through his head and that's why this thread is so good.. Allows us to let the excitement out somewhere - thanks kimnus!!!

H&H - that's awesome about your DP being interested in breast feeding. I would be interested to know what you are able to find out. DF also wants me to be able to feed bub. I also love the idea of DD wearing something to announce it - that would be so precious!

Coco - we bought a few books and started reading but I wanted to get smoking off the list before focussing on everything else. So now I should probably read them again. We are already taking pre-conception vitamins so that's a start as well How exciting about Europe! So jealous!

AFM - it's just making sure that I have the best little eggs possible for freezing as DF will be going through the pregnancy first - lucky her haha. I should probably shed a few kilos too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Didn't really have much to say today, just wanted to check in before going to bed.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and welcome to our newbies; our little group is growing every day :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Are any of you still on the BCP? If so, when do you plan on going off? I'd like to give myself 3 months before we start TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are all very welcome. I am just glad I wasn't on my own when I started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    Hello ladies,

Are any of you still on the BCP? If so, when do you plan on going off? I'd like to give myself 3 months before we start TTC.
    I haven't been on BCP since 2009 lol. But I have heard a lot of girls stopping it a few months before to give their body a rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be using IVF but if we were able to do it the natural way then I would stay on the pill until the month I wanted to TTC. I have been told when you come off the pill your fertility shoots through the roof for at least one cycle because you body tries to readjust etc. I remember my Dr saying that the pill can be powerful for contraception but equally as powerful for conception and not to just stop taking it and sleep around because I was asking for a baby haha. I don't think he got the concept of me being in a same sex relationship when he made that comment.

My friend is actually about to try going on the pill for a few months and coming off it again because she is having trouble with baby number 2. Her first was conceived the same month she stopped taking the pill but now she has been trying for almost a year with no luck. I told her about what my Dr said and she thinks it might be why she fell with her son straight away. I'll let you guys know how she goes.

I know that not everyone falls pregnant when stopping the pill but its just the increased chance that would make me use it up until I was ready to give it all I've got

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that is interesting about the spike in fertility, I wonder if that contributed to my SIL's non identical twins. She's due this week eeek exciting...

I am still on BC. I will go off it in Nov I think.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow
    What books have you got?