Closed Thread
Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I doubt I would be able to keep it to myself if I knew

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to damper the mood, but I actually had a stillborn son at 26 weeks in between my girls. Horrible stuff does go wrong at all stages, it's just more common at 12 wks. I'm a believer of tell who you want when you want, because you are definitely going to need the support of the people closest to you if the worst does happen.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondbub For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (26-07-2013),michellek  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill tell my mum as soon as I know and DH will probably tell his parents. The rest will wait until 12 weeks and ill do a big Facebook announcement

We will definitely be finding out gender and sharing that as well

We have 2 boys and I really have no preference for gender, I would love a little girl, but I've always imagined myself surrounded by boys so I'd love another little boy too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    That's why we aren't telling anyone. No point bringing it up when it's still ages anyway, and don't need the added stress. We will announce in due time :-)
    What's everyone's plans? Tell parents immediatly and everyone else at 12wks? Tell everyone straight away?
    I'm a firm believer on only select few hear before 12wks but how the hell do u keep the most amazing news in your life off the radar??? Lol :-/
    We aren't telling anyone either. I tend to have bad pregnancies and my parents really don't want us to have another baby as they are worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondbub View Post
    Sorry to damper the mood, but I actually had a stillborn son at 26 weeks in between my girls. Horrible stuff does go wrong at all stages, it's just more common at 12 wks. I'm a believer of tell who you want when you want, because you are definitely going to need the support of the people closest to you if the worst does happen.
    I'm sorry Diamond. I guess you are right.. it is a sad truth that something could go wrong at any point. I guess after 12 weeks the risk is lower so I would feel more comfortable in announcing then but you really never know what's going to happen.

Someone I work with lost her baby girl at full term. She is now pregnant again with a little boy and is Due around November - she is incredibly strong and I would imagine deep down she is terrified. It was only last year so there want a lot of time between her falling pregnant again.

I think it scares me most because I don't understand what has happened in many cases - it's the unknown. When everything is okay and then something like that happens.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 26-07-2013 at 18:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondbub View Post
    Hugs xx

I too have had a stillborn as well, so I understand where you are coming from. My son Jensen grew his wings at 20 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry to everyone who has suffered a loss, I couldn't even begin to understand what it must be like to go through all that, be it at 4 weeks or 40 weeks.
    I will definitely be deciding the sex. I've not asked DH what he wants, but if need be I can keep it from him. He doesn't even like surprise birthdays so I doubt he will want to wait to know.
    I intend to not tell anyone the sex until birth, but if it slips out well so be it.
    What about names? Has anyone decided, or already have some options? Will you be announcing names or keeping it secret?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    Hugs xx

I too have had a stillborn as well, so I understand where you are coming from. My son Jensen grew his wings at 20 weeks.
    Hugs to you too xxx

At the end of the day you just have to think positive. Bad stuff can happen to anyone.....

Having two girls I'd love a boy, but if another girl came along she'd better have a loud voice to be heard in my house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear of your losses.My cousin went through some awful things including a still born in between her two children. We couldn't believe how brave and determined they were for children, so courageous!! But if you want something that badly, you will go to the ends of the earth to get it and we are so happy for the little family they have now.

It would be a hard secret to keep being pregnant, especially if I'm anything like my mum and sister who had terrible morning sickness. I'm sure my work colleagues would know something was up. Might have to start thinking of porky pies to tell haha. I don't think we will find out the sex. I'm a sucker for surprises so would love the surprise of it! No idea about names, we change our minds all the time. I think obviously when I'm pregnant I will go out and buy a couple of baby name books. I think we will keep it quite as well as people are so judegemental of name choices. At least they won't be as likely to comment on the name once the child has been given it

Side note, how's this weather MrsT!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate surprises lol even good ones like a baby's gender! We have both agreed we definitely want to know but we want everyone else to wait and see. People say it will be impossible for us to keep it to ourselves but I actually think it will be easy. I won't be tempted to tell anyone and we plan on giving it a nickname when it's still on the inside so we won't call it he or she it will be fun and even if it did come out it wouldn't be the end of the world.

We would love to have a little boy first and as for names.. Well my sister may have ruined the boys name we have chosen lol. She has started going out with someone who had the same surname as DF and he already has kids. His sons name is the name we chose! Not only would my perhaps step nephew have the same surname but they could also share their first name!! Ugh! What are the odds?!

As for a girl name - we love one that doesn't go with the surname the kids will have. Kinda makes a new word.. Not a nice one! So thank goodness we have time on our side!

ETA - like the baby's gender, we would also keep the name a surprise til baby is born. Agree that it's too easy for people to have an opinion when it's still an option.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!