Closed Thread
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LMC - there's no need to feel left out we are all here because we want to be UTD but are waiting for one reason or another! You are waiting to buy your place before your next bub!

Like I said before its like there is a waiting lounge/room for each step. This is the waiting lounge for TTC - next stop 2WW lounge! Hahaha

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gosh I had a fee pages to catch up on!

Rainbow - dd is on the mend with her cold thanks for asking (a few pages back!) ended up at the Dr yesterday just to rule out any major nasties but ok

How exciting to be looking at baby stuff for the first time - its never too early to be prepared and know what you're looking for! I loved 'browsing' when I was pregnant even though we only ended up with the necessities before her arrival. Agree, there's so much stuff out there you really can get carried away

As for telling people. We will, when the time comes probably do the same as we did with dd. Told our parents at about 6wks then noone else until after our 20wk morph scan. Our first pregnancy ended in a missed m/c just after 12wks (nobody knew then, bot even our parents) so we unfortunately lost the innocence of the 12wk 'safe mark'. It was so hard to keep it a secret that long, especially with awful m/s up to 17wks! I'm a private person and as with our first angel baby, I would prefer the private time if anything horrible happened

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Michelle - I'm glad your DD is on the mend now. I am also sorry about your little angel baby. I often wonder if its safer to just wait until the 20 week scan before announcing anything. I don't know but I have this terrible feeling that something will go wrong. I'm not sure if that's normal or not but its just this feeling I can't shake. I would also find it easier to deal with if few people knew. It's a shame really because it would nice to be able to announce it and just enjoy it.

Perhaps I have just seen to many bad things happen to good people and it makes me think if it can happen to them it could happen to DF and I.

It makes me nervous when people announce it really early. A guy at work told us that his girlfriend was pregnant when she was only about 5 weeks. She had her 20 week scan this week - so pleased that everything is okay so far!! I don't even know her (haven't met her) but was so terrified that something bad would happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find it easier to tell ppl I don't know, or aren't really a part of my actual life. Like I wouldn't hesitate to tell Hubbers straight away, but would hesitate on my BFF lol.
    We would have to tell my grandparents (dad is MIA & mum died young so my mums parents are my "parents") straight away (probably 5wks or so) and DH parents straight away too. His family is really big and really close so I know the news will spread crazy quickly but that's unavoidable as we would get grilled if we waited too long to tell.
    We would announce over FB at 12wks I reckon, which covers everyone else quite easily lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry it's hard to remember what everyone wrote as I'm on my phone I can't scroll up when I'm replying. Means I usually just reply to the last thing I read and nothing else lol 😅

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by love my children View Post
    Wow what a chatty bunch!

I feel a little left out though, because DH and I did things the opposite way :P

We had DS1 when I was 20 and followed by DS2 14 months later. I wouldn't change it for the world, and I'm very lucky that DH earns enough that I am able to stay at home with the boys.

One of the reasons we are having a bigger gap this time though is because we are saving for our house deposit to buy next year and then TTC once we've bought

I am super duper clucky though, and if it was up to me I'd be up the duff already :P
    Doesn't matter which order your doing it in! How exciting about buying your own home. My fiancé and I will be going down that road when I finish uni (another 3.5 years if I can manage the study load after we have bubs) so for now we are renting. Fingers crossed by then we will be completely out of debt and be in a good position financially to buy... We couldn't wait that long to have kids though! Haha =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the end of the day, things devastatingly go wrong at all stages of the 40wks and nothing is a given until you have that healthy bub in your arms screaming their lungs out. As long as you are comfortable telling people earlier than 12wks, especially if you know you will be able to rely on them for support through thick and thin, it is up to you and only you when you share

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would do what I did with DD, told parents at about 6 weeks and every one else as they found out, im a very private person but knowing DP she will be telling every one of her friends and all.

This time around I want to keep the sex of baby a surprise, anyone thought what they will do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be finding out the sex (if baby lets us haha) but we will be keeping it a surprise from everyone else. We want them to find out once the bub is born I feel pretty confident in being able to keep it from everyone else. It will be our little secret - yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will find out & tell others what we are expecting. As much as I would like a little brother for dd, another girl would be much easier with everything we already have

Miss didn't cooperate for our 20wk scan (i did have one at 17wks and the sonographer said it looked like a girl as she could see no "dangly bits") so we ended up going for a non-diagnostic 3d/4d scan which confirmed a girl. Stubborn thing didn't want to move her legs at 20wks for noone!