+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was flying from north Qld to Brisbane to see my parents with my 2.5 yo & 18 mo kids & ds (18 mo) refused to walk for me off the plane & my 3 yo dd was a runner offer seeing me struggle carry a child, holding another's ones hand & carrying 3 bags a gentleman took all my bags for me & carried them all the way to baggage to collect my stroller! I'm still thank full.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were on a plane coming back from our holiday. DD1 was 20months old at the time and DD2 was 2 months. Because of the seating configuration, we were assigned to a row of 4 so there was a random person sitting in our row. As you could imagine travelling with a toddler or baby is challenging at the best of times, being stuck in a small space for hours was very trying. DD1 wouldn't stop moving/making noise and had the odd tantrum, DD2 exclusively breasted with reflux. So here I am trying to juggle these children and trying not to upset the person next to is, whom I felt really bad for (the last thing she probably wanted to put up with on the plane) but she actually surprised me and was very sympathetic and helpful towards my situation, even holding the baby while I was trying to handle my toddler. It honestly meant the world of difference to me and I was so thankful that she didn't just turn the other cheek and make snide remarks like I'm sure some people would given the situation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to J0rdy For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on a plane with DD who was 18months asleep in my lap (she had her own seat but liked to sit on me). I was 5 weeks pregnant and started feeling really ill. I alerted the guy sitting next to me right before I blacked out.

I came to lying across the 3 seats with an oxygen mask on and no DD with several flight attendants hovering over me. I asked where she was and they said the ladies behind me had her. They minded her for the rest of the flight, reading the flight safety card to her over and over, keeping her happy and calm. Thankfully she had woken up as she was handed to them so hadn't realised I was just in front, and didn't demand me like she normally does. When we landed they showed her where mummy was and she screamed the plane down till she was back with me. Just so grateful to them for not only minding her but keeping her happy. Made a bad situation so much easier for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My local Woolies lady swoops on DS2 if she sees me doing my shopping. If he's upset she'll take him and look after him while I unload and pay. I was worried she would get in trouble but I've seen the manager walk by and smile so I'm pretty sure she helps everyone. Thanks Mickey!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (21-07-2013),october  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, so nice of her, esp when she got dirty. so nice reading these threads & seeing the is still nice people out there!

When DD was about 12 weeks sge was quite sick, health direct sent me straight to the hospital, which estimated waiting time was 6hrs. called up the children hospital and they said wait time was 5hrs+. Local hospital suggested I head over to the after hrs gp.
    As I walked in DD projectile vomited all over herself and her pram, as I picked her up she projectile vomited again all over me and herself again and the pram. I was trying to clean her pram and her so I could put her down and clean everything else up, and she just kept vomiting everywhere.
    I had one lady come up and offer to help (told her not to worry because it was probs gastro & didn't want her to get sick)
    She continued to help me clean up, changed DDs nappy and re-dressed dd and held her for me while I cleaned my self up.

So grateful for her help and I hope she never got sick from us!

The nurse from the gp then took us over to the hospital and got us admitted straight away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a preemie bub. While being stuck away from home a BH lady PM me and asked was there anything I needed as I'd been flown from home to capital city unexpectedly. She went and got me toiletries etc and bought them to me at the hospital and them continued to visit when she could for the 12 weeks I was there.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ClearCrystal For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (21-07-2013),JR03  (21-07-2013),missymoo9  (21-07-2013),october  (21-07-2013),Pregnor  (21-07-2013),shani2  (21-07-2013),Tainted  (21-07-2013),Wise Enough  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at our local shops in the mums and bubs parking unloading the trolley with ds in the baby carrier. A car pulled into the disabled spot next to me just as ds started to whine. This older man in his 70's with one arm jumped out and started making silly faces at ds. I was concerned at first but after seeing he was harmless and we exchanged small talk while i loaded the boat. When I was done he then insisted on taking my trolley to the trolley bay a good 20 mtrs away.
    Was super sweet as he couldn't walk too well but he said I had a precious little life to get home while he had all the time in the world.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (21-07-2013),mummybynature  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A few months ago I was really unwell with my gallbladder. Hubby was away and had no-one to come and look after the kids, so we all went in the ambulance at 1am
    The staff at the hospital all looked after them ad I was dozey from pain meds, they made them chickens out of gloves, found dd some pants as she was cold. It was so lovely, I don't know if it was their job or not, but the kids had a ball, and my DS is not easily won over!

Big boy '08
    Little girl '11
    Fetus-face due Feb '14

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in woolies one arvo getting a few things when the lady in front of me forgot she needed oil. I said id run down and grab her some so i did. When i got back i was putting my stuff through when i realised i didnt have enough cash (and i didnt have my wallet). The same lady said 'oh how much is the extra ill pay for it'. I said 'no, no, ill just put my icecreams back'. She insisted and thanks to her i had a yummy dessert of giant sandwiches. It was only a couple of dollars but it was very much appreciated.
    I guess karma played a part in that one.