+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 was induced 6 wks early due to complications.

DS2 I was fast asleep and had had no signs of labour (I was 37+5) when at 11pm I woke up to painful contractions lasting 1min and coming every 2 mins. Realised pretty quickly that my body was already bearing down and hurried to the hospital 10mins away. Waters broke as I got out the car and bub arrived just before 1am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With ds I was lugging shopping (snacks, soaps, mags and lifesaver icy poles) home in hot weather, I was induced with dd so I was in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last edited by atomicmama; 28-07-2013 at 21:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was out shopping for baby items! Got home and curled up on the couch because I was sure it was braxton hicks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was fast asleep and I'm guessing it happened around 12.00am-1.00am. I was sound asleep and shot up when I felt water gushing. I grabbed onto my DP, asleep, and said "the flood gates have opened". He shot up out of bed quick smart. The water just kept coming. I had to walk with a towel between my legs. You could imagine the look I got from a couple in ER waiting room, as I walked thru to maternity. DS born at 4.42am via emergency c-section, due to him being breech.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds I was induced
    Dd I was laying on a matress in the loungeroom. Rolled over and 'pop!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just finished dinner and completed a little needlework project for DS when literally a second after I packed it all away and thought about heading to bed WHAMMO! Contractions begun.

No warning. No waters. Just crazy intense contraction. There was no mistaking that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    this labour woke at 4.30am with a pain in the tummy like I was busting for a wee, went to the toilet and there was blood and thought something must be happening, mild pains until about 15 mins before I pushed him out, was a pretty easy labour and really quick

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD I was getting ready to go for a walk for the millionth time in the hope that I would go into labour. I was 7 days over. I sat down and leaned over to tie my shoes. Next thing, my waters broke!

With DS I was throwing a teary tantrum about how I was never ever going to go into labour and that DS would be celebrating his 1st birthday in utero, when I realised that my irregular contractions were both regular and increasing in frequency. So I did the logical thing and went shopping for a couple of hours!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 - I was in the bath all day in agony. Went to bed moaning and groaning and I was forced to go to hospital. So I guess I was in denial as I gave birth a few hours later.

2 - Admitted to hospital days before with unexplained pains and SPD related pains. Was sitting at the end of the bed when the first big crack of labour pain shot through my back. Went to delivery ward.

3 - Was trying to watch my favourite movie, totally convinced I would never give birth. Annoyed that I was in so much pain so I went to bed. Then I was on the floor going through contractions for a few hours before I finally called my husband to come home and take me to hospital.