+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What were you doing when you went into labour ?

As the title says....I am curious what you were doing or where were you when your waters broke, lost your plug, went into labour or started your first contractions?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking the dog out to the toilet. Waters broke and poor little thing didn't end up going out for a while as I got so excited 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to bed.
    I'd spent the evening folding baby clothes in a really bad/teary mood, thought that was weird so wore a pad to bed. Thank goodness. 15 mins later I went to hospital for inspection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both times, I woke up with a dull backache around 5ish in the morning, went to the toilet where I noticed I was losing my plug. Went back to bed with a heat pack and woke with period pains which were the start of my contractions.

Waters broke at the hospital both times while sitting on the toilet!

DD1 was born just after 3pm and DD2 was born at 3:20pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DD1 - induced
    DS1 - Walking along the beach - contractions
    DD2 - waters broke at the pastor house while getting up of the loo. Labour didn't start, A few weeks later Walking around the neighborhood - contraction that stop needing the drip to keep them going
    DD3 Cooking dinner - contractions
    DS2 Just sitting around home relaxing - contractions
    DS3 induced

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had lost my plug over a few days following stretch and sweeps and had had runs of pre-labour. I was already 3cm dilated and fully effaced.

My first contraction hit at 11pm at 39+1 I was in bed dozing and DH was awake. It hit like a lightning bolt and I knew this was real labour.

Contracted all night it stopped at 6am when I had a bath was 4cm. Went for a walk after a nap. Nothing. At 11am I got on the breast pump and POP there goes my waters. Ran to toilet where my real plug came out OMFG it was so big and think and long I thought I was having a cord prolapse.

Contractions started immediately and I was fully dilated within 3 hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    #1 - 41 weeks and leaving a restaurant I had to rest on their sign out the front when a big contraction hit....that 5 min walk home took 45 and I still can't look the servo man in the eye after spending 10 mins holding onto his petrol price pole!!
    #2 - bus home from work at 37w5d via hospital for a quick check as lazy bubba hasn't moved since night before....induced.

Hubby disappointed he didn't get to do the speeding through red lights in the middle of the night for either bub 😜

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was about 7pm, DF had just gone out and I had just come back from my daily walk and was on the phone to my mum, telling her how I hoped my labour would start with a stereotypical waters breaking, when... My waters broke!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just shy of 12 weeks ago i Woke up to go to the loo at midnight... Came back to bed and waters broke! Contractions started 30 mins later... 230pm that day my beautiful DD was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS we went to a friends house for lunch, by mid afternoon I felt pretty bad and was telling my friend what was going on to which she kindly pointed out I was in labour! Took a while though as he wasn't born till the following morning.

DD I went food shopping, had some twinges but thought nothing of it. By 1pm it dawned on me they were quite regular. Rang the hospy at about 2pm and cause she was breech they got me to come in, 3 1/2hrs later she was born.

Wasn't very good at realising I was in labour!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (21-07-2013)