+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation TTC #1 with PCOS at 18..

So I recently found out I have PCOS, I'm 18 almost 19 and my partner is 27 (don't want any negative comments saying he's too old for me, as I'm aware that he is older but I am mature enough to make my own decisions) he is absolutely fantastic, he's supported me through everything emotionally and even helped me pay for my gyno appointments. I was heartbroken when I found out I have PCOS which is not uncommon in my family, all I have ever wanted is to have children and have a happy family I know that all hope isn't lost but still just feel... Upset is the only word I can think of. So since finding out we have decided together to TTC, using clomid starting next month I know that I'm young and whatever but I just feel like why waste valuable time. I'm not like every other 18-19 year old who wants to party party I'm more focused on making a life for me and my partner. We own a house and both have jobs so we are considerably financially stable. So I guess I just want to know if anyone else has been in my position? And has anyone else used clomid and got pregnant ? Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Tashaxo; 20-07-2013 at 23:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be reaallly helpful if someone could give me some insight on what clomid is like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used clomid (went were advised by our fs to get straight into iui with puregon) but have pcos so I understand and just wanted to wish you all the best

Eta: In the meantime, are you doing any health/diet changes? After failed iui attempts, I changed my diet to primarily lean protein, fruit, and veg, and I fell pregnant naturally. There's always hope! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also didn't use clomid, like Ivy i changed my diet and read up on vitamins and started tribulus and vitex and fell pregnant naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much i also have Amenorrhoea so i guess they are going to give me something to induce my menstruation too..
    Yes my gynecologist has given me some elevit vitamins and i bought blackmores pregnancy and pre conception tablets, ive just been eating lots of veges and salads.
    thank you so much, hopefully it works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive tried Vitex and it didnt seem to do anything for me, i still have it in my cupboard though, i wasnt too sure how long it took to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was on it for about 3 months before my periods started regulating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tashaxo,

I tried Vitex for about 3 months earlier this year. If anything, it made my symptoms worse!

I'm about to start my first clomid cycle and am staying positive!

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 12 and feel your pain! Hang in there, it gets better. Don't let anyone judge you for being "young" either. I was fully prepared and ready to get pregnant at 18 and even now I get the "oh, you're so young, are you sure you want to?!" Speech from people.

Focus on positivity and you'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to the hub

I conceived my DD on clomid and conceived first go! fingers crossed it happens first go for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone thank you so much for your feedback and support!
    Its nice to know that there are some supportive people out there who are not going to judge me due to my age, but fyi my partner and i actually own a home and etc so i am fully prepared.

Went back to my gynecologist/obstetrician and was told my rubella vaccine was low so i had to get a dosage to boost it a little bit which ment i have to wait another 3 months for clomid and i am going to get dye through my tubes to check for any blockages.. plus to top it all off i also may have diabetes due to insulin resistance.. Its been a very long few weeks so sorry for the late reply just feeling a bit overwhelmed! but for the next few coming months to hopefully get some good news!!