+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Why would someone lie about being fraudulent? :what:
    I dunno... People lie about pretty messed up **** because it makes them feel better. Just think of the trolls that have been on here. Dying/having cancer? Having children but not? Why would someone say they have kids and complain about sleepless night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read the replies but if it was me in your situation yes I would tell. Stealing is stealing. It's a bad example to the kids and its unfair on people who genuinely need the money. You have said they aren't struggling and it isn't a short term fix. Whatever the penalty they deserve it - actions lead to consequences and if you aren't willing to take the consequence then do the right thing in the first place. They are adults. They are doing this knowingly and deliberately so they deserve whatever is coming to them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    If you go the anonymous letter route don't forget to cut out letters from a magazine and stick them on instead of writing it (works in the movies lol)
    Yes, and write: Hi, this is Centrelink, we are just writing to advise we will be conducting a random investigation on you, so if you are ripping us off you'd better stop now or else.

love,

centrelink

(Man that's a lot of letter-cutting-out. Hope you have lots of magazines laying around).

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2013),Boobycino  (21-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (21-07-2013),Mokeybear  (21-07-2013),Night Owl  (21-07-2013),Shell Somer  (21-07-2013),Whoknows  (21-07-2013),~ElectricPink~  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read through everyone's responses and whilst I understand that you would witness the fallout I don't think you have a choice. I would absolutely let Centrelink know. Regardless of what they use it for it is stealing. I agree with the other posters its no different to stealing from a car yard or a shop-it's not theirs!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shell Somer For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd like to say I'd dob them in without hesitation but tbh not sure if could I actually do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Have you seen proof of this OP or is just hearsay?

I mean, have you actually viewed the Centrelink statement or is this person just bragging about it?
    Yes I have seen proof I am 100% sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in a similar situation as you OP with my brother and it was incredibly tempting to dob his scum bag ex partner in for claiming what she wasn't entitled to. How close is this family member? It's a tough situation for sure and I understand your dilemma.

I think if it were me I would dob them in as Centrelink fraud makes me very angry. And it's so widespread as well; look at all the people just on this thread who know of people who do it!

Good luck OP I hope you can come to a decision that you're comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report it. Obviously they are surrounded by people that can't be bothered to say anything or don't want to and that's exactly why they are getting away with it. The way I see it is if you know about it and don't say anything then you are allowing them to do it and only making it easier for them to get away with it. As for the children - that's not your problem. Unless they are incredibly stupid, they would know the risk they are putting on their family. If their kids aren't enough to make them do the right thing then maybe they shouldn't have had them in the first place. I hate to think what kind of morals those kids will grow up with... There are too many people doing the wrong thing - you have an opportunity to do the right thing.

My ex got caught by Centrelink (sucked in) and had to repay everything. I didn't know anything about it until Centrelink came knocking - goes to show even if its well hidden you can still get caught. I don't know how these people sleep!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think that if you report your concerns to Centrelink that they would actually investigate the matter? Has anyone reported someone before, if yes, what was the outcome?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even if you don't have proof if they are doing the right thing it shouldn't matter if an investigation is conducted.
    I think you should report it. Most of the time nothing is done. I know someone who was reported and nothing happened even though they were rorting the system