+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    If you go the anonymous letter route don't forget to cut out letters from a magazine and stick them on instead of writing it (works in the movies lol)
    My method would be to type it wearing gloves and posting from a remote location

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2013),dancingchipmunk  (21-07-2013),Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I will have to mindful of where I source the paper from as well as posting from a far off location.....possibly take it interstate ?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whoknows For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2013),dancingchipmunk  (21-07-2013),Mokeybear  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    And I will have to mindful of where I source the paper from as well as posting from a far off location.....possibly take it interstate ?
    Yes!

Use extremely common paper and ink

Or get really high espionage and send a highly trained carrier pigeon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to see that my husbands hard earnt tax dollars are contributing to this family's life of luxury.

They don't deserve the money. They should have to pay it back. There's thousands of people out there doing the right thing which means they are doing it tough and going without.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

annagal  (29-07-2013),Purple Lily  (21-07-2013),Smyles  (21-07-2013),VicPark  (21-07-2013),Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I'd send them the anonymous letter.

Say in the letter you know what they have been doing and that it's been going on too long. If they don't stop, you will report.

This gives them the chance to finally do the right thing. If they keep claiming their payments, I say report them.

If they end up being punished by the law, then so be it. They know what they are doing is wrong, yet they continue to take the risk.
    This ^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $1200 a FN is over $30K a year!! No wonder we pay so much tax with people like this rorting the system.

OP, I don't know what I would do. Welfare cheats annoy me as I believe welfare is for those who need it, not to pay for extra's like holidays and fancy schmancy TV's. having said that, I know someone who gets paid cash and collects benefits. I haven't dobbed, just hope she gets caught one day.

I wouldn't send them a letter. If they've been openly doing it for years, I doubt it would achieve anything. They will just start lying and say they're not doing it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    $1200 a FN is over $30K a year!! No wonder we pay so much tax with people like this rorting the system.

OP, I don't know what I would do. Welfare cheats annoy me as I believe welfare is for those who need it, not to pay for extra's like holidays and fancy schmancy TV's. having said that, I know someone who gets paid cash and collects benefits. I haven't dobbed, just hope she gets caught one day.

I wouldn't send them a letter. If they've been openly doing it for years, I doubt it would achieve anything. They will just start lying and say they're not doing it anymore.
    You've just summed up my thoughts exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you seen proof of this OP or is just hearsay?

I mean, have you actually viewed the Centrelink statement or is this person just bragging about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Have you seen proof of this OP or is just hearsay?

I mean, have you actually viewed the Centrelink statement or is this person just bragging about it?
    Why would someone lie about being fraudulent? :what:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What would you do?
    This is a hard one. I would make sure I had the facts before I did anything and would weigh up whether the situation warranted a report. Couples can actually be legally financially separated which allows them to reside together and still receive benefits under Social Security law. We have family friends who have this arrangement so they are able to care for their disabled child. There could also be other arrangements in place that you aren't aware of which could well be perfectly legal. So if you are just basing your concerns on assumptions and judgement, then I'd be careful about jumping to conclusions.

If, however, you have facts in front of you than can be supported by solid evidence, then you have a duty to report a wrongdoing to the appropriate authority. I don't agree with turning a blind eye. I think that's a cop out. It's fine to demand your rights but we also have obligations too and if you know something curly is going on then you should report it. Centrelink has a dedicated line for this where you can call and leave details of the alleged offence without leaving your name. I also hate the term "my tax dollars". They're not your tax dollars. Taxation forms a small part of government funding. Just as it does when you pick up your prescription, put your child in school or attend a vaccination program etc.

Also I know it's easy to view rorters as derelicts but I can tell you of some fine, upstanding citizens who think nothing of making thousands of dollars every weekend at the local market with their stall and then putting their hand out every fortnight for their child support cheque and parenting pension. However, with clever accounting they remain unscathed. For now. And I admit it's frustrating to watch.