+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At the least your family friend would be investigated and a debt raised and be made to pay it back and be issued a warning - I would do it (kids or not). I'm sure if they didn't have kids and they were working and said they wern't you'd report them Straight away???? You also don't want the kids to think that this is correct behaviour or ok to defraud our government when there are genuine people who do really need this sort of assistance to get them through the bad times. Its just instilling bad behaviours in the kids as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't agree with the point they will get found out sooner or later. Most aren't. I know one couple that has been recieving SPP while he has a f/t job for almost 2 decades. They have been dobbed in (not by me) and nothing was done.

It's actually very difficult to prove they are defrauding. CL allows the father to stay 2 nights a week to be with his kids. So if his stuff is found there, or he is there when they visit, then he can just say he's visiting the kids.

So I guess my point is, don't hold your breath that anything will come of it. CL won't be able to prove it, and the couple will keep collecting the money.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If i knew all the facts for sure, I would dob them in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report them. There are so many families out there doing it tough and it is so unfair that people can rip of the system.

If it is common knowledge then they are not going to know who reported them, although for this reason I wouldn't say anything beforehand about it to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    On the one hand I completely agree with you 100%.

On the other hand after years of having my husband work his **** off to provide for our family and watching 'them' get so much and still complain I am starting to feel worn down, like I just can't sit back and watch these people rip off hard working tax payers such as my husband anymore.

The worst part is the extra money goes toward their wants rather than their kids. And they still complain about money!!!!

As I said before I do not want to cause them or their children harm I just want it to stop.

Sassy mummy would you still feel this way if there extra stolen income had been flaunted in front of you for years and you were struggling but consistently doing the right thing?
    I do know people who are doing this. Relatives. A generation older than I am... and they've been doing it most of my life my mother tells me.

When I've seen their MASSIVE TV and whatnot I sometimes get jealous and annoyed that they get that just from lying... but then I figure that jealousy isn't reason enough for me to play a part in these relatives potentially ending up in jail. Their child is disabled and relies heavily upon them... she would not cope if her parents, her mother in particular (the one receiving the welfare payments), went to jail.

I understand the desire to dob them in because they're getting something for nothing, something you can't get even though you work harder than they do... but I just don't think that jealousy - and let's be honest, that's what it is when it comes down to it (as in jealous that they're getting things you don't without putting any effort in, and lying to get those things... thing you can't get even when you bust your guts) - is reason enough to case that kind of trauma to an innocent child, or in this case, a mentally and physically disabled young adult.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 20-07-2013 at 19:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I where in your shoes I would send them a letter telling them that you know what they are doing and have been doing for years, tell them if they don't own up you will dob them in ....but don't give out who you are that will Surely be enough for anyone to stop....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (21-07-2013),Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I wouldn't. I know my exH lives with his GF when he doesn't have the kids and she would be getting SPP and I don't even dob her in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go with the letter idea send it to them where it can be untraceable so they have a chance to go to Centrelink and change it themselves. Win win. If that fails I would dob them in for sure those kind of people make me sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think we have to remember this is illegal? I'm sure if we knew for sure someone was stealing TV's from Harvey Norman or dealing drugs we would report them? Just as stealing the tv passes the loss onto the customer, defrauding CL passes it to the tax payer.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

3cats1pug  (20-07-2013),ChickyBee  (21-07-2013),dancingchipmunk  (20-07-2013),Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you'll find that even if you cob them in nothing will happen.

I know of 2 seperate couples who have been dobbed in with not even so much as a questioning letter/call from centrelink