+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the all the replies.

I guess I worry too much about the domino effect. What if she did go to jail? What if they had to repay all that money - it is probably getting close to $100000? What if their 2 children suffered? I would feel so much guilt and I would also worry that they would find out it was me because they can be nasty people sometimes.

I actually can't believe they haven't been dobbed in yet because its not exactly a secret. I don't want to see them punished I just want them to stop cheating.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It would be a tough one. I would love to say I would dob them in no questions, but truth is if it were a close family member I would be torn... I would say that criminal charges are a real possibility, but if someone is breaking the law shouldn't they be responsible for their actions??? I dunno OP, there are people out there who are struggling to keep a roof over their heads and these jokers are living it up with the extra benefits from centrelink.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (20-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (21-07-2013),Whoknows  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't say anything to them incase you do decide to dob them in, it might make it obvious.

Go to the centrelink website and you can do it anonymously. The more you can answer, the better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I would too.

Whether they are well off without it is irrelevant. She's not a single parent so it's wrong, full stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't. Why? Because it could result in a prison term. Yes, they brought it on themselves, but without your interference it wouldn't have happened either.

There's no way I would willingly involve myself in sending someone to jail for something like welfare fraud. Especially if children are involved. I'm not sure I could understand anyone who would rather watch a small child lose their parent than let someone defraud Centrelink.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (20-07-2013),LoCo  (21-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (21-07-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post

I guess I worry too much about the domino effect. What if she did go to jail? What if they had to repay all that money - it is probably getting close to $100000? What if their 2 children suffered? I would feel so much guilt and I would also worry that they would find out it was me because they can be nasty people sometimes.

I actually can't believe they haven't been dobbed in yet because its not exactly a secret. I don't want to see them punished I just want them to stop cheating.
    I despise this kind of fraud. My actions would depend on whether I was absolutely sure and whether others knew. I would be inclined to say yes I would dob them in, for all of the reasons stated by OP, but only if I was confident it wouldn't be traced back to me.

Those questions you're considering are legitimate worries, but are consequences of their actions and the risks that they took, not your fault. I'm actually amazed that they could get away with that, being married!

ETA although after reading Sassy's response I am now torn...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd be torn about it because it's been so long, as said, about criminal charges and an enormous debt. Not saying I think you shouldn't, I just know even if I think what they've done is totally wrong I couldn't shake the guilt.

I think you should though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post

The thing is, they will be found out eventually. If not now, then the money will keep accumulating and the debt and possible punishment will escalate.

Only you can decide what to do. Don't rush into a decision. You will know when/if it's the right thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I honestly don't know how they sleep at night when they've been knowingly defrauding Centrelink for *years*.

Mind = blown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I wouldn't. Why? Because it could result in a prison term. Yes, they brought it on themselves, but without your interference it wouldn't have happened either.

There's no way I would willingly involve myself in sending someone to jail for something like welfare fraud. Especially if children are involved. I'm not sure I could understand anyone who would rather watch a small child lose their parent than let someone defraud Centrelink.
    On the one hand I completely agree with you 100%.

On the other hand after years of having my husband work his **** off to provide for our family and watching 'them' get so much and still complain I am starting to feel worn down, like I just can't sit back and watch these people rip off hard working tax payers such as my husband anymore.

The worst part is the extra money goes toward their wants rather than their kids. And they still complain about money!!!!

As I said before I do not want to cause them or their children harm I just want it to stop.

Sassy mummy would you still feel this way if there extra stolen income had been flaunted in front of you for years and you were struggling but consistently doing the right thing?