+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think I could especially if it was close family.
    Just curious, all those who know people who are cheating the system and are saying the op should dob, have you actually dobbed in the cheaters you know of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Just curious, all those who know people who are cheating the system and are saying the op should dob, have you actually dobbed in the cheaters you know of?
    I don't know any welfare cheats.

If they were my relatives, I'd prefer someone to warn them that they are going to dob them if they don't stop, BEFORE any further action is taken.

If they don't heed the warning, they will have to face the consequences.

Enough is enough - these people need to cut out the bullsh!t and start living honestly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I have dobbed in one couple. CL called them to say they were investigating them and would be paying them a visit.... they didn't get caught How ridiculous to actually give them the heads up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id dob them OP.

The fact that u know and then if u didnt say anything makes u guilty too imo.

Its stealing and its fraud. They shouldnt get away with it!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ahh this is why we single parents get so much cr@p for receiving benefits! This is a tough situation but totally unacceptable! I'd tip off Centrelink or at least warn them they need to tell Centrelink, it's not ok to be doing that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I would and I have. My brother was earning cash in hand for a long time while being on new start. This sort of thing annoys the hell out of me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister has been doing this for years. It angers me greatly. I have been a single parent since DS was born and have not once received what was not entitled to me. I have studied for 7 years, worked full time for 5 years and part time for 18months before that. I have now through hard work- worked my way to a position where I am no longer entitled to any part of pension (but could be eligible in as little as 1 month time in which case- I shall receive it for 1 month and than DS will be 8 and no longer entitled).

For me, it's a kick in the teeth. She has a partner who works full time (at the moment- he's very flippant about employment), lives at his parents house, gets paid cash in hand working in the family shop.

It's just unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dobbers wear nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Dobbers wear nappies.
    Seriously? If people are breaking the rules and you know it then imo you are no better than them. Comments like yours just make me sick. People who do the right thing aren't dobbers who wear nappies. Your comment is Just rude and insulting to those who do the right thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (22-07-2013),Busy-Bee  (23-07-2013),mumbron  (22-07-2013),SoThisIsLove  (22-07-2013),SummerFun  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's a hard one, I hate that people take advantage of the system like that, I believe we are so lucky to be in a country that helps you out if you *need* it.

On the other hand, and this is purely because I haven't been in the situation myself - I am not sure I could dob a family member in for doing it. Even if they were drug dealing or anything like that, I don't think I could do it. Unless they were causing direct harm to a child then I'm not sure I could....

It is a tough one.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (22-07-2013),Night Owl  (22-07-2013)