+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's hope for us yet Wish!! Congrats to you all with BFP's... still feels like it'll never happen but want it so badly, you all give me hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did lots of research into this question last cycle as I had 18 eggs collected and had OHSS for the second cycle in a row. From what I read, OHSS increases your chances of pregnancy because lots of eggs = lots of chances to fall pregnant!

We had great fertilisation rate and a perfect day 5 AA embryo put back. No luck for us this cycle, but I don't think it's an egg issue. Now looking into why perfect embies can get rejected by a uterus. The journey continues!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies, you've given me a lot of hope. Congrats to you all with your BFP and healthy pregnancies. Hopefully JB, Milly and I will be joining you soon.

to everyone cycling!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep hope ladies xxx This is a long journey but I hope your bfps are just around the corner.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got 13 eggs, went into emergency last week with moderate OHSS (still suffering from it) and got my first official BFP today with HCG 173.

Thanks
    Reviews
    17 eggs, moderate OHSS. Got 4 good quality 5 day blasts, and our first FET is 8 weeks old sitting here on my lap :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wishnhope, I had 29 eggs retrieved and only 7 were good to be used. I had one implanted and froze the rest. It's my first ivf cycle and I'm now almost 12 weeks! Good luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wishnhope,

I had borderline severe OHSS before I even got to egg collection (it's a miracle I did to be honest). I had 28 folicles, all with eggs and 23 of those were mature. We ended up with 13 x 3 day embryo's. I had to cancel transfer that cycle because FS said if sucessful, I would basically be in hospital for the next 4 weeks, so I agreed to cancel. I also felt like my body just couldn't take anymore. All 13 embryos were frozen.

It was the best thing I could have done, as our first FET (had a month off in between) has resulted in BFP, and I actually feel my body can cope, unlike when I had OHSS. I have my 6 week scan tomorrow to tell us if it's viable.

Like you, I was really concerned about quality over quantity, but like everyone says, it only takes 1! My clinic doesn't tell you the grade, but the first one we transferred was 8-cell compacting when transferred, and they were very happy with the way it looked.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those who suffered OHSS how long before seeing an improvement?
    I was admitted to hospital last Tuesday, they drained 3 litres Wednesday and was decharged Sunday. Tuesday I was back to being as big as before they drained and theres been very little improvement since then.

Exactly how long did you have to wait for the water to "leave" your body?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you've been so unwell Wishnhope I really hope this means your bub is well and truly making itself at home! I have had OHSS but no bfp, I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be. Fingers crossed the OHSS goes away soon and you can start enjoying your pregnancy x