+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH was 37 when we conceived DD2, non smoker, average weight, doesn't drink much at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH was 19 when we conceived dd (same as me) and we weren't ttc.

21 when we conceived again (blighted ovum)

22 when we conceived this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH was 37, non smoker doesn't drink. He's quite fit at that time, he used to ride to work each day.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We concieved when DH was 39 (40 now), 16 years older than me. I was initially worried his age (& health) may make it take longer so after a few months of TTC he got his swimmers checked and everything is fine. It does worry me a little for future kids as we're likely to have more possibly when he's 45-50 which is the age I believe when male age starts having a higher risk, so to speak.

In hindsight I would have liked to have started earlier (ie. 4 years ago) but can't do much about that anymore!

Eta: DH is quite overweight (bmi about 38) but eats mostly healthily at home, doesn't exercise enough at all and up until a month or two ago was working horrible hours. Doesn't drink or smoke. Drank a lot when he was younger though.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 20-07-2013 at 08:57.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is 32 now but 25 when we conceived our first DD1. My OB says his super swimmers are the reason we have 4 daughters when I wasn't even meant to have 1

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    We concieved when DH was 39 (40 now), 16 years older than me. I was initially worried his age (& health) may make it take longer so after a few months of TTC he got his swimmers checked and everything is fine. It does worry me a little for future kids as we're likely to have more possibly when he's 45-50 which is the age I believe when male age starts having a higher risk, so to speak.

In hindsight I would have liked to have started earlier (ie. 4 years ago) but can't do much about that anymore!

Eta: DH is quite overweight (bmi about 38) but eats mostly healthily at home, doesn't exercise enough at all and up until a month or two ago was working horrible hours. Doesn't drink or smoke. Drank a lot when he was younger though.

BT it seems we have a fair amount in common!
    My DH is 13.5 years older than me. Could do with shedding a few kilos, should definitely exercise more.
    He does drink though, not excessively but will have a beer a night most of the time, and a few extras over the weekend. I wish he wouldn't though!
    He took maybe 3 of the menevit then outright refused to take them anymore - it was all just too much pressure :-p
    Did you have to go anywhere/do anything special in order to get his swimmers checked? Because I'd like that peace of mind at least

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    DH is 32 now but 25 when we conceived our first DD1. My OB says his super swimmers are the reason we have 4 daughters when I wasn't even meant to have 1
    That's great
    Did you have implications yourself then?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    BT it seems we have a fair amount in common!
    My DH is 13.5 years older than me. Could do with shedding a few kilos, should definitely exercise more.
    He does drink though, not excessively but will have a beer a night most of the time, and a few extras over the weekend. I wish he wouldn't though!
    He took maybe 3 of the menevit then outright refused to take them anymore - it was all just too much pressure :-p
    Did you have to go anywhere/do anything special in order to get his swimmers checked? Because I'd like that peace of mind at least
    The peace of mind really helped me to relax and believe that it was just a matter of time, just had to wait for the right embryo!

DH just went to a GP and they told him where to go. (I think he had to go to a pathology place?)

We got a 90 tablet pack of Menevit...DH had gotten through a lot of it 7 months. He would forget a lot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 32, DP was 42 when we conceived. We got pregnant on the 2nd month of trying, so age didn't seem to be a factor. He is a non smoker, moderate drinker, moderate exercise, slightly overweight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    Probably could have thrown into the question - What was their health/lifestyle like at that time?
    Were they at the gym everyday?
    Were they still drinking?
    Weigh more than recommend?
    The general Q's & issues a woman faces with ttc but turned on its head and focused on the men
    When I conceived DS, exH was 44, I was 28, we fell pregnant first try (DTD once that month). He was fit, non-smoker, rarely drank.

DD's dad was 45 when we conceived (I was 33), conceived using withdrawal method, she was not planned and we only DTD one weekend that month. He was/is very fit, non-smoker, light drinker.

Clearly in my case age had no bearing, conceived both kids first go.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (20-07-2013)