Closed Thread
Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to throw this question to the floor for sunny and anyone else who wants to weigh in. So far I've done 2 long down reg cycles on around 150 of gonal with same fs. Amh is 24 and i respond ok and am making blasts (made 4 last cycle). Any suggestions for what further options might be with my own eggs before moving to donor, besides a cycle with pgd. Haven't really delved heavily into supplements a la wda type cocktails etc.

any pearls of wisdom?

Thankyou ladies
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 11-10-2013 at 10:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - no advice on the meds or cycle stuff but wanted to drop in and send you a huge squeezy hug

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - I agree with Sunny, you are still only 40 and you have great amh for your age. You get the numbers and you get them to blast, you will have success but youve got to keep trying a few more times with your own eggs, its a numbers game. Maybe look at taking supplements like cq10, vitamin e, fish oils and the usual pregnancy supplements. I actually took huge amounts of all of these. My doctor also presribed melatonin which I took with inositol which a lot of the european doctors precribe.
    Springrain - WOW, we are getting some amazing egg numbers in here lately! Well Done! I do hope you start feeling better soon.
    Emski - Congratulations on your fertilisation numbers! This part is so hard, Do you get the progress call everyday?
    Mrs Mac - agree, its good to have pregnant women in here. Its a reminder that it can happen to you. The thing is women over 40 do get pregnant its just that it takes that litttle bit longer and is a bit harder. But it does happen.
    Sunny - all the bloody milestones! Its like being in a hurdle race and every hurdle represents a stage, if you knock that one over you have to go to the beginning and start again.
    October - I understand exactly where you are coming from. I felt such a relief yesterday when we were told everything was perfect. im not having the maternal serum blood test(is that its name?) so almost feel like im dodging some kind of bullet. However the Harmony blood test is more accurate so if it comes back high risk we were told that there most certainly will be a problem. Just pretend you never had the blood test,then going from that result everything was looking pretty good.
    Sorry have to interupt ................
    Just got the call from genetic counsellor.
    My risk factor for 21, 13, 18 has come back at over 1:10000.!!! So happy!
    Last edited by Team panda; 11-10-2013 at 16:42.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (12-10-2013),mrsmac123  (12-10-2013),Octoberbaby2010  (11-10-2013),SpringRain  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Panda! very happy for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy crap Panda, that's awesome !!!! Well done!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    great news panda, so good to see it is possible.

butterfly, must be a matter of time for you as like everyone says if your getting eggs and blasts there must be a good probability for you. Good luck.

emski and springrain, good luck with your eggs.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-10-2013),Team panda  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spring - great news - well done!!

Emski thank you for the information

Panda - that is wonderful...!!!

Butterfly - your amh is great - I am your age and mine is 12...

Hi to all the other ladies

AFM - my fs asked me to do a progesterone bt because of my spotting - the result is 53. It has gone down since monday where it was 83. The nurse said 53 is fine but could not answer if the drop caused the spotting....my bt is on wednesday - I don't have much hope for this cycle but I can't bear to tell DH as he is so happy...I hate letting him down.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-10-2013),Team panda  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly- COQ10 600mg a day (yes very high dose but said to improve egg quality at that rate), DHEA (you'll need to be on it a few months before it works), Melatonin is also used to help eggs. Ensure adequate doses of Vit B12 and Vit D.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda - congrats on the fan-tas-mas-tic stats, amazing numbers

Butterfly - Re: Own eggs...I had low-ish AMH levels (got 6 eggs at retrieval) but only 1 was good quality (despite all that COQ-10!!!!) We would have looked at DE sooner rather than later simply because of time ticking away. (However as I think I've mentioned before, it wouldn't have been a difficult question for us since a genetic connection wasn't important as our older children are adopted - the decision might not be as easy for many others.)

Emski...go eggies

Springy...and yours too! What numbers Did you get a good fert rate?

MrsMac...I was on 600mg of COQ10 (I saw two different FS over a 10 month period, it was recommended by both). I'm not a huge believer in supplements and I didn't end up with great egg quality so I'm on the fence about its benefits

October... I too started with the 1/88 age-related stat for the trisomies and our tests bought it back to just under 1/500 but still.... easy for us to say "try not to worry" because of course that's what we do. I did find my 20 week scan much more reassuring than the 12 week one.

Sunny... how ru feeling?

AFM I am now 26 weeks and still feel great. I met my midwife this week (the one that will be with us through to the 'pointy end' of the birthing business. DH and I both feel she is very competent and that's all we need - neither of us want to be best friends with the person that's going to be looking up my hoo-haa .
    Last edited by Twocam; 12-10-2013 at 09:51.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-10-2013),mrsmac123  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MyHeart- your amh is also really good. It sounds like you've still got some eggs in you. I'm sorry you are still having problems with spotting and progesterone dropping. I hope LB sorts out that issue out for you.
    Butterfly- i have to agree with Fortitude about taking those high amounts of supplements .i was taking 600mg of cq10 and even though its expensive its one of the supplements they keep harping back to. One of the theories is that the eggs in older women maybe quite ok until they are released and then damaged by oxidative stress. So the melatonin is one product which they say protects the egg from allowing this to happen.
    AFM - I forgot to mention that they let you know the sex with the Harmony test.
    and we are on team pink! After this hard journey we are happy with anything. I started thinking it must be true what they say about icsi producing more females.
    one other thing I'm not planning to move over to another board, at this point in time. Im too attached to everyone here, plus I want to be around when you all get your positives. This has been a really hard and long journey and I relate too much to what everyone in here is going through to move to a pregnancy board so soon.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (12-10-2013),mrsmac123  (12-10-2013)