Closed Thread
Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My heart - a few drops might not be the end of things... Yup I did realise that being pregnant was what I wanted.... I will make the move to donor eggs too sooner rather than later... My family have some crap genes anyway and I always did like lucky dips!

Sunny so inspired by your story going all the way to SA... It's the stuff that dreams are made of. Good for you. Yeah the bloating and the weight gain has been hard but at least we have a reason for it, not just general slothery! After all the drugs you take and the alarming number of clothes that no longer fit - I think I'm going to start buying a size up just so I don't have to deal with it . The annoying part is now dh is saying he likes me better now im curvier and he doesnt want me to lose any. how funny.

And here's me whining away when I've only done 2 stims... Can't really hold a candle to some ladies here.... Bit of a reality check

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - What a great haul of eggs! Hope you have a great fert rate today. As others have said you are bound to have some "goodies" in there somewhere.

Springy - I hope your ER went Ok yesterday and you are not too sore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - when I miscarried I also realised this is what I want. That's why I tried so many times with my own eggs. I would have gone to donor eggs very soon especially hitting 43 this month. There are a few on this thread who have had babies at 43 with their own eggs -Micca, and I think Mrs Pontepine. But I knew after 43 it would be very very difficult.
    Emski- how did fertilisation go?
    AFM - just came back from my 12 week scan and baby is perfect with no visible abnormalities and thin neck fold. Phew! I now have to wait for my Harmony test results back from America. This is all such a drawn out process. The problem with ivf pregnancies is we know too much, from conception, implantation(practically), then every week there after. We know we are pregnant so much earlier than normal pregnancies so the first 12 weeks are so so long.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

emski72  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, - WOW! What a fantastic egg haul. Can't wait to hear your fert rate. I'm keeping everything crossed that one of these little gems will become your bub.

Springy, - I hope you did even a quarter as well as Em. And I really hope all goes well with the CGH, and your perfect embrio is in there.

Butterfly, - I'm so sorry . But you sound like you are coping exceptionally well. You don't sound like you are whining to me. To me you sound very strong. But if you decide to fall apart, know that you can whine to us all. That's what we are here for.

Sorry I have been MIA but, so much has been going on with me, and I haven't had time to sit down. We had a massive task in getting the house ready to sell in a small amount of time, but it was all worth it. Two days after we signed with our chosen agent, we got a cash offer. The next working day (tues) we got the contracts signed and the deposit down. In the mean time we had another couple that wanted to come back and look, and we got our professional photos done in case it was an empty offer. So now it's just contractual inspections to pass, and our next big tasks of sorting, selling/giving stuff, packing and moving to the other side of the country, which will be in 5 weeks time. JUST about the time I figure EPU might be, as it's CD45 and AF still hasn't shown. I went for a BT today, so we will see whats going on tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

Team Panda, - Congrats on a great NT scan. I'm sure your other results will come back fine. You are right, I got my BFP and had DS at the age of 43. So I have no expectations for this next cycle of mine, but I'd never know if I didn't try.

MrsP...
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 10-10-2013 at 10:28.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

emski72  (10-10-2013),Team panda  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda - congratulations on the 12 week scan...!! I agree, us IVF women know way too much. I look back at my first IVF and I knew nothing!!

Emski - you give me hope and you have made me think maybe I should do one last stim cycle before moving to donor eggs...

AFM - still getting a couple of drops of pink / red blood. I am on clexane which might contribute but my hope is depleating...

To all those ladies who moved to donor eggs - has anyone used The World Egg Bank (TWEB)...? Their web site mentioned that using banked eggs is about half the price. One of the donors I looked at has now completed a cycle and had 29 eggs. The couple who selected her, took 7 eggs so she has 22 frozen. The donor has gone through the screening process so I could purchase eggs and have them sent to Monash IVF. Once it gets to Monash, they hold them for three months as a quarantine. Has anyone done a stim cycle while waiting the quarantine period?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Myheart, Lynn gave me some info on TWEB, I think you have to pay a deposit, the total cost was somewhere around 23k which put me off a bit - we could go to South Frica and have a great holiday and do a donor cycle for 15k. I can't see why you couldn't stim while waiting for quarantine, but by that stage you would have paid your 23k, what if your own egg cycle was successful? You wouldn't get the 18k or so back that is the cost of the eggs and transport etc...
    thanks for the well wishes girls... still waiting on the phone call ...
    Last edited by emski72; 10-10-2013 at 10:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck emski with fertilisation today. Great haul of eggs.

Team panda happy about your good news and on reaching a milestone in your pregnancy.

AFM starting prep for another cycle in November.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yippee 7 have fertilised! 3 are iffy, but still in with a chance, ET on Mon! so happy with this result after my crappy fert rate last cycle.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs P - I did all the falling apart at my first scan 3 weeks ago. So am definitely on the up swing now that the inevitable has happened. I must say I don't think I would opt for misoprostal again. It really encourages me that you had a baby at 43 with your own eggs. Wow. And Micca and Panda too. Amazing. I turned 40 in May this year... so i will be 40.5 for my next FET. Maybe there is hope for me after all.
    Mrs P How frustrating re AF going AWOL ! It's always some damn thing isn't it... Perhaps all the stress with house moving ? I wonder what the bloods will show.

Panda - so happy for you! Wow a perfect scan! Yes the first tri makes the 2ww seem like the blink of an eye doesn't it. Warmest congratulations on your wonderful results. And by the looks of your signature, gee u really earned it too. I also found the whole pg process very daunting, especially the nt scan/downs fiasco that seems like such a looming black cloud .. It's not easy for ivfrs especially not at advanced age - i thought in the end that though the odds are not as great as the younger gals, they are still in your favour for a normal bub. God only knows what happens when they hand you your baby. I honestly think I would die of happiness, faint from the shock, or cry, or all of the above!

I just fainted after seeing the cost of the egg bank. I think it would be Sth Africa for me... 10k is a big price difference especially after outlays thus far.
    A few more stones to turn over before that for me though... Just deciding which will be the last stone, metaphorically speaking, seems to be the tricky part.

emski - congratulations on your reward for all the dhea munching! Looking good there, lady! Ill be waving the pom poms as they do their thing in the lab. Will you tf day 3 or 5?
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 10-10-2013 at 12:24.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (10-10-2013),Team panda  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WooHoo Em!
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Yippee 7 have fertilised! 3 are iffy, but still in with a chance, ET on Mon! so happy with this result after my crappy fert rate last cycle.