Closed Thread
Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann – how wonderful, to get on a plane and she your man.! Thehappiness, relaxation and of course the pampering will be just what you need….

Emski - how is your cycle going..?

Spring rain – it is great that you have more follicles… I knowthat it is worrying to hyer-stim but then again you could freeze all and doFETs… I have heard from my last fs and my current fs that most clinics arehaving better results with FETs….!

Panda – are you 12 weeks now?

Good luck to all other ladies cycling, in the 2ww, or pregnant...!

AFM – transferred one blast on Saturday… I’m usually at thegym 3-4x per week doing spin, yoga, Pilates and in the past I have stopped allexercise during my 2ww. I usually go straight home after the transfer and rest,but this time I decided to walk around with my ds and then go home… I usually spendthe first 3 days on the couch but this time I think I will continue as usual… Theonly thing I am stopping is spin class… I don’t know if I am doing the rightthing but what I have done b4 has not worked and I have read that many of youlovely ladies have walked / exercised (cautiously) through your 2ww… so I’lltry inot to change my routine so much…!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Happy Monday everyone

Myheart I don't know how you fit all that in! Congrats on being PUPO! You're with LB too right?
    Springy how did you go with your follow up scan today?
    Ann - I hope you're enjoying time with your hubby - how exciting for you.
    AFM first scan today and looking good (the months of DHEA/Melatonin may have paid off) 14 decent sized follicles visible with 4 or so not far off - so EPU on Wed for me. I'm happy because I couldn't feel much at all this time around.
    Hope you all had a good weekend

Em x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-10-2013),SpringRain  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - I'm sorry about your scan. I hope you have managed to have an ok weekend. It's good that you have a plan in place with the next FET starting in MId November. I find this helps alot.
    Kenta - How did you go with deciding on whether to cycle before christmas? If it was me (and I was getting eggs & fertilisation) I would stay with same protocol - especially if quality was good.
    Springrain - What was the results of the scan? Are you good to go with EPU? All the very best.
    Luca - thanks for the flare info - I've armed myself with a whole heap of questions to ask my FS on Thursday when I go to see him.
    MyHeart - good luck with the 2ww. I think you nailed it with "cautious". Probably a good idea to drop spin for a couple of weeks but surely the other activities are fine
    Ann17 - Have a fabulous trip!
    Emski72 - sounds like you have a nice haul going with the eggs. All the very best of luck with EPU. Please let me know how you go. MGCBertie asked if I was taking Melatonin (which I'm not at the moment). What were your egg pick up numbers before Melatonin & DHEA?

To everyone else... I hope you're having a fabulous weekend & if you're in the northern part of australia - I hope you're keeping cool (it's a scorcher!)

AFM - I'm afraid the latest result has hit me pretty hard. I'm finding the agreement (with DH) for 3 IVF attempts to be really stressful & I can't stop thinking about the possibility of no more children. This will be my last go so I have placed myself under a huge amount of pressure. I'm actually considering getting a second opinion (trying wazza). He's booked out of course until april next year but I"m hoping to get an earlier appointment due to cancellation. I'm actually a bit nervous about telling my current FS that I'm seeking another opinion. I have faith in him (obviously because he allowed me to have my beautiful DD) but I just feel like I need another perspective. I cant' help but feel the high dose FSH protocols I'm on are having a negative effect which is why I'm not getting the follicle/egg numbers. Oh, what to do.... I'm just so frustrated that I'm not getting past 1st base (no eggs at EPU & then no fertalisation)....I'm sure I'll work it out.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Threegoes For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-10-2013),SpringRain  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, glad to hear your scan went well. Today, I had >20 on one side and around 15 on the other, but some are small. EPU same day as you now Does your clinic do EPU under sedation or do you have a general anaesthetic? Best wishes for a speedy recovery, the aftermath of EPU is not nice for me for a few days too.

Myheart, congratulations on being PUPO

Threegoes, hope you get in to see wazza earlier, no need to feel disloyal, perfectly ok to feel like you need a second opinion. I hear you on the 3 goes, this is my 3rd go too. Funnily enough, my DH was the one who was all enthused about a second one, and the driving force behind all this. Now during this one he's been saying "this will be our last one" My reply was lets just see how this one goes first....
    I've been on melatonin this cycle too, so will be interesting to see if there's much difference.

Ann, hope you enjoy your time with DH!

Bertie, Luca, Stillhope, Fingers, Octoberbaby Tinybaby, MrsErinR, MrsMac, Kenta, Butterfly, Panda, Twocam and everyone else.

Feeling more as the biopsy gets closer....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies....haven't been on for a while....the tiredness finally caught up with me, but Im lucky as I have completely dodged morning sickness!

I have just read back over all the posts since I was last on...there is so much activity. Some happy stories, some encouraging stories and some really heartbreaking stories..... You are all really strong, courageous, beautiful women.

AFM
    We got to see our baby for the first time last Tuesday. I cannot believe how much develops from a blob at 7 weeks to baby at 12 weeks (albeit a big head and skinny bum! ). Our NT scan came back at low risk for Down's at 1:19631. OB genuinely happy she didn't have to give us bad news. So "egghead" is 13 weeks on Wednesday and ever since we saw he/she last Tuesday, it is finally starting to sink in that we are having a baby!!

EDD 16 April 2014
    Last edited by Sunny15; 07-10-2013 at 13:36.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-10-2013),Leomum  (08-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (07-10-2013),MrsPontipine  (07-10-2013),StillHope  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Threegoes,

I just wanted to share some of my journey with you........

We were on our last agreed cycle trying for #2. Everything was a bust, low numbers, bad fert rate, FS gave us 5% chance of BFP. (Really poor quality embues too). I gave up before we begun. Started bleeding early, cried for days about no more babies. Very reluctantly had BT - very surprised to get a call saying I was pregnant with a very good HCG. When I said I'd been bkeeding for 5 days they said it could go either way. I miscarried two days later.

However, I took that as a sign we weren't meant to give up and needed to try again. I was convinced the next cycle would work - but it didn't. I was devastated and didn't know what to do.

Convinced DH that to give up and move on I needed a second opinion. I felt terrible as I had been through alot with my previous FS, who also got me my DS. New FS ran extra tests and duagnosed me wuth adenomyosis which he treated wuth 6 months zoladex. Rolled the dice again and am now 12 weeks pg.

Ironically, my previous FS is also an Obs and I am booked in with him to have the baby. Please don't give up hope. This journey is full of twists and turns! pkease tske care and be kind to yourself xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Threegoes, these numbers at this stage seem above average for me, but the proof is in the pudding at EPU I guess. I have averaged 6-9 eggs at EPU normally. Its worth seeing if you can get on DHEA and Melatonin, you need to take it for about 3 mths (DHEA) and 1 month (melatonin) prior to your cycle. I'd also suggest you and your DH take up one of the counselling sessions offered as it sounds like you have a lot of stress revolving around this cycle, perhaps talking about it with someone impartial will open your DH's eyes and ears to your feelings about wanting to continue?
    Octoberbaby, you havd a good story full of hope there, thank you for sharing.
    Glad to hear things are progressing well for you Sunny!
    Cycle buddy Springy, you realise the last one in this group who cycled with me on the same days is now knocked up? Team Panda can testify to this! Perhaps I'm the lucky talisman!
    wow thats a crapload of eggs, no wonder your worried about OHSS, what time is your trigger lovely? I'm at 10.30 tonight.
    Em xx

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (07-10-2013),SpringRain  (07-10-2013),Sunny15  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who knows very little about IVF yet, when you say you need to take DHEA for 3 months prior to your cycle are you TTC naturally in between all these things?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes – a second opinion is good. I did that after mymiscarriage and the doc said to reduce the meds and the next cycle I producedthe most quality eggs I have ever done. Don’t worry about hurting your fsfeelings, they understand and if another fs gives some advice which helps you itis good for your fs that you get pregnant – better for their results.

Emski – yes, I amwith Lynn.

Emski and Springrain - Good luck for your epu…!

Question – does anyone know what days in the 2ww are good todo acupuncture? My acupuncturist said 5 days after transfer to helpimplantation…but I am not sure if this is for a 2, 3 or 5 day transfer…

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac - I've given up on the idea of TTC naturally as DH's motility is too low, even though his count has gone up a lot since being on vitamins. "TTC naturally" is now done for recreational purposes only

Em, hopefully you will be the lucky talisman for your own cycle as well!! Did my trigger at 9.30 for EPU.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (10-10-2013)