Closed Thread
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann,
    I have just read about the awful situation you were in and how difficult the last few hours have been. I am so glad you were able to get the scan done and see and finally receive good news and hear the heart beats. I hope you are able to rest and keep positive under such stressful conditions.

I have you in my prayers sweetie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone thanks once again I am just taking it easy n resting no bleeding. I only saw the heartbeat, took them a while to find a trace, first I heard them say left sac, looks like an embryo in there (I think we call that a fetal pole) and i think i see a yolk, so I was relieved a bit cause left sac didn't have a yolk last week ( andI thought thats where i was bleeding from) then came the I see flicker of a heartbeat! Right sac they struggled for a long time but finally said embryo and a flickering heartbeat. She showed it to me but it was so little cld hardly make anything out ! I don't think we can hear it now though ?

Bertie - good luck with this cycle , sorry I can't answer your q as I haven't done a frozen. I really hope you get lucky this cycle. Good on you having a plan to work towards. Hopefully you will be utd and won't have to worry about donor eggs. Always exciting to start a cycle!

Butterfly- no you are not all bad , I just wanted to see how you going love ? When's your next scan ?

Panda- iam a bit like what you were like initially after your bfp, just can't seem to enjoy it ATM. I guess there's always something to get reassured about. I guess the bleeding has taken the wind out so I guess until the next scan once i see heart rates going up will make me feel better and if they can just tell me why the bleeding. And I think it's still kinda sinking ESP the twins part. My fs had given me so many stats of twin miscarriage is now playing on my brain ! Iam still very cautious, I think you were the same initially.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-09-2013),Twocam  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann and you continue to get only good news. Two heartbeats, whoopee! I think most of us totally understand the mixed feelings I felt quite emotionally washed out until the 12 week scan and even then it was another couple of weeks before I allowed myself to exhale and feel happy. But from 14 weeks onwards I've been really enjoying this journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Twocam that was the words I was looking for "emotionally washed out" - perfectly describes how i feeling ATM!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann and Twocan - I've been emotionally drained and physically drained. I just want to get to 12 weeks which is in 10 days for me. Today I'm having the Harmony test, it doesn't help that when I spoke to fs about it she referred to it as the test to check I hadn't miscarried. I felt like there was an expectation to miscarry at this age. Unfortunately doing ivf over 40 you are constantly being told your eggs are too old, your too old, it's very hard to fall pregnant and maintain a pregnancy blah blahblah. It's all sooo negative. The only person who hasn't been negative is my acupuncturist who laughs every time I mention the age thing. She keeps saying 42 is not old to have a baby. So many of her patients are my age and older. She thinks I'm funny.
    Ann - I also think you automatically go into self protection mode. After so many let downs better not to be too hopeful. I hope you have no more troubles and that its smooth sailing from here. I must say it brought tears to my eyes when I read about how they found the two heart beats. The miracle of life.
    To everyone else good luck on your cycles. Remember its a lottery and I hope your numbers come up this time. X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I can relate to being told you are too old. My family are insanely optimistic to the point of my mum saying, dont worry you will get a baby to the first time I spoke to a FN a few weeks ago and before she knew anything much about me was telling me I had less than than 5% chance . Every second website says the same but there seems like a lot of 40+ havin bubs? While I can understand a FN saying that, she would know, and want people to be blunt really it doesnt help when it is said to you like most likely you will fail. I would rather hear you never know ivf is improving we will do our best for you.

I can feel goosebumps and tears when I hear what you are all going through and just hope I can be so strong. One thing on my side is I am known for persistance. I see the self preservation mode as an important part of being able to persist. What a feeling it must be to see heartbeats.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicely put Panda and Mrsmac. Lets just show em we are not old but we are going to be yummy mummy's !! Panda whats a harmony test? And what other tests are ithoughtthere to be done around the 12 week mark? It sounds eons for me 12 weeks !! I know what you mean by the tears believe me I do that everytime I see my fellow bubhubbers bfps ESP when you lnow how each one of us have struggled with our own infertility and l knowing the stories behind the bfps. It's a lottery but I like to think when it's our time god sends that little soul to us wont happen Until its meant to happen no matter what no. stim or protocol we are on. Then dh says "yeah but jeez .....it's been 5 years !!" And I go "yes and we are a day closer!"

Afm I have noticed that feeling of queasiness comes around lunch and lasts til I go to bed not so bad yet. Dont have an appetite but yet i get hungry quickly! I am now having this uncomfortable tight feeling behind my belly button. And all this flickering behind it has started now I guess that's a good thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann- harmony test is one of the new blood tests for assessing downs, and some of the other trisomies. It's a lot more accurate than the combined blood test and twelve week scan which has a 5 per cent false positive. It can measure the amount of chromosomes in the maternal blood. So expensive though as its sent to America for analysis. $850. because of the age of the eggs you used you could just skip it and have the blood test and twelve week scan.
    what you can do is between 10 and 12 weeks book in for the blood test and at 12 weeks book in for the scan. They will combine the results and give you a risk factor for downs, but as all the data goes into a computer including maternal age the older you are the higher risk factor you will get. So for example I might get 1:40 whereas you may get 1:4000. For someone like me they would then recommend cvs or amnio.
    By doing the harmony test its just looking at my blood not my age. Doesn't mean I may not need an amnio though.
    i just have to say I get really bad motion sickness on the iPad. Going to have a lie down.
    Last edited by Team panda; 30-09-2013 at 14:52.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

myheart  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you Panda...! Nicely put... and for your 12 week scan....
    I am over being told I'm old...it is so negative...! I know many women who have had babies over 40 and naturally...!! I know a lady who did 8 unsuccessful ivf cycles and then got pregnant naturally while waiting to start ivf #9 and she was 42 and has a beautiful little girl now...!

I had my scan today - an early scan which I pushed for. The nurse said that most women surge on day 14, I told her I usually ovulate early and had to push for an early scan...the scan today noted that I ovulated today...!! no one knows our bodies better than us...!! so my first natural FET transfer is set for Saturday....so nervous...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck myheart!!!! Fantastic that you pushed for the scan!!!! :-)
    I will think about you and send you heaps of positive thoughts and sticky vibes
    All the best !!!!!! Woohoooo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

myheart  (01-10-2013)