Closed Thread
Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your responses. You truly are an amazing group of women and have made this crazy crazy journey a little easier
    Oh Butterfly39, I'm so glad you have a scan on Friday....I just saw your comments to Ann re your scan. I hope the time away at your beach house helps you. How bizarre are the fibroids? How can they just appear from all the scans you have on IVF- they must be extremely fast growing.... That is weird. I would be interested to know if they did come about because of the progesterone?? Hang in there til Friday... My fingers are crossed for you.
    Emski72 - I hope the wait is over for you soon...how annoying?!
    Kenta - it's CD9 for me. That's one of the reasons the FS has suggested I continue on the same protocol until Mon & scan again. EPU will more than likely be Wed. His RN scanned me today as he was in theatre. When I rang asking about cancelling the cycle, protocol changes & AMH levels, he asked to see me - knowing I was upset & confused. Based on the growth rate you suggested, the dominant follicle will definitely be lost... The other follies will be about 21mm. At this stage I'm going to wait until Monday and work out a plan from there. That is fantastic news about the blast! It's so hard not to focus on every little thing going on in your abdomen, especially during the 2ww. From memory, I had a lot of cramping and just felt like i was getting my AF.... in fact it felt like that for a long time. Hopefully time will go fast for you . Praying for you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Threegoes For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-09-2013),Kenta  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    3 goes, according to previous scans I had many little ones scattered around and we would see one each scan about 2cm that he was never concerned about after I had the 12cm one out by laparoscopy last year. Most recent scan showed that the little ones were close to doubling in size. However I'm hoping the scan is just dodgy as last year you could not see much compared with MRI. Might ask for another MRI to see what's really happening there. Fs will take a look ttomorrow. It's usual for fibroids to expand in first trimester then shrink back down again after delivery. Really hoping there's no new trash in the uterine cavity. Have really had enough with tumours this year, have had 3 different types. Turns out I'm as crunchy as peanut butter ! Anyway my boob ones tend to expand with the progesterone also. DH currently unable to maintain eye contact.
    Best of luck with your follies !!!!
    Kenta - woohoo for another frozie!!

Emzy -waiting for this stuff really is like watching paint dry isn't it? Red paint in your case

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Springy - yay!! You are cycling! So what protocol are you on? For a smooth cycle. It's always a good feeling when you start your stim isn't it!

Threegoes - I don't envy your situation! I guess if I were to xl the cycle I wld do iui for that lead follie. But you do have those other follies that you can grow, I normally stim for 14 days and pick up 16 so you do have time to stim further. It's really tough when we have to make these decisions.

Kenta - I didn't feel much early on infact I was so upset 3-4 dpt that I was convinced that it didn't work and of course I wrote it out in my post and some nice experienced ladies in here told me relax its way too early ! But I did start feeling something from 5dpt mostly mild cramping and as the days progressed pinching behind my nipples and tenderness, some upper thigh ache, few sharp pulls behind belly button, gassy by 11dpt I had started having slight nausea. My nipples aren't so tender anymore but itchy! And low level nausea is there continuously.

Burterfly - I know how you feeling love. It's terrible not knowing and there's no way I cld have waited for 4 weeks! Time out by yourself is good, personally most of my negative cycle dh wasn't with me always travelling and I found I coped better as I just had to concentrate on myself. I sincerely hope things work out for you on Friday. You have back plans, a frostie? Besides not that you want to (keep cycling) but you have a good amh I wld give those eggs a few more shots before I hang up my boots on my own eggs. Did you say you had two sacs in one of your posts ? I know there's nothing we can say to make your pain go away just keep believing and have faith that one day we will all hold our much longed bubs .

afm- I feel so tired like a bus rolled over me. I did have the flu but over it now accept for the cough. But I just don't understand I feel like I have no energy at all I can't even cook a meal!(and I love cooking!). I don't have an appetite but get hungry very quickly and my hands start trembling. No bleeding but today I had some dry old dark specks but told myself not to freak out!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-09-2013),Kenta  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - I'm in the same boat with fibroids, have had surgery previously. I had a couple of small ones when doing IVF, by the time I finished my stim cycle one of them was 3cm. At the 12week scan it was 6cm. At the 20week scan it had doubled again to 12cm Ob said they don't worry about them too much until 3rd tri - hormones in 1st/2nd tri can make them grow but most shrink or disappear in 3rd tri (something to do with the different hormone range but they don't know exactly why). BUT she did say that if I started getting sharp pains in the top of my uterus to come straight into hospital, apparently the quick growth means they sometimes outgrow their blood supply and become necrotic. She said there's no risk to the pregnancy but that it is so painful that most people require morphine injections to control the pain I'm already receiving extra scans for low-lying placenta so she added a note on my records that they are to check the fibroids at each scan too. Hope that helps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann - yes Ive got 2 frosties waiting and yes they saw 2 sacs last week and I had had double embryo transfer. I could only describe my fatigue in the first few weeks there as extreme - hcg must be like Valium or something lol I agree re appetite changes also. Sudden hunger attacks seem the norm. Couldn't believe how tired I was getting. Suddenly envious of pregnant women everywhere holding it together at work etc ... How do they do it? Respect! I did really feel like I'd been beaten with a cricket bat. I hope you are shaking off your flu.

twocam - gosh u don't know how reassured I am by your post, THANKYOu so Much!!!gosh 12cm you must not have much space in there. Dreadful, dratted things! My original big one became necrotic and that's how I got diagnosed in the first place.

Kenta - got nothing for the first week of 2ww except for maybe pinching in abdomen d 5 followed by urinary frequency, dizziness, hunger and fatigue the following week. Also had really sore legs like pain running down legs around d7 and a revolting headache.

spring rain - happy jabathon !
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 26-09-2013 at 09:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently was boosting myself with hormones to be an egg donor for my DP. First cycle cancelled due to non performance (yes clinic sent a medicare claim for the drugs and the rest stayed in credit). Stopped the drugs for 10 days then started again. At the end, only had one follie with one egg so changed it all around and did an IUI on me (currently in tww).

Its a hard choice, but we thought and IUI is at least trying for us. I had never had an EPU before so we didnt know how my egg would last.

Good luck for your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Threegoes View Post
    Hi everyone
    Ihope all those cucling are foing well.
    Good luck with your scan Ann17 on Friday.
    I have a question.... I had my scan today and there's only 1 follicle at 18. There's 3 at 7 & 8 but obviously not looking like they will be bearing any eggs by Friday. The clinic is suggesting i go for EPU on Friday with the one follicle. They fear i will lose it if i wait for the others to grow. My protocol was pretty full on this time in fact i don't think the fs can throw much more at it. Is it correct that if i have a cancelled cycle before EPU, i get all the money back? As you may know i only have one more try left. My last cycle resulted in 4 follies and no eggs. I'm 42 in Jan & i don't know if this is as good as it'll get. My previous attempts at i f saw 11 follies & 5 & 6 eggs (2 transferred both times at 5 days... Great quality theysay). Do i cancel & get two more goes at stimming? Go to EPU with one good sized follicle & pray for the golden egg?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad news.. Our last 2 embryo became blast but weren't strong enough to freeze.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh I'm soooo sorry Kenta I can't believe that we have to go through the very tough road :-(
    Do you have any new plans now?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Kenta

Just had my visit to FS.... We are none the wiser.

Sac still small, but on todays scan a little blob has appeared inside... kind of like you would see a baby looking like on a 6 wk scan. (I'm meant to be 8 weeks today). So we no longer have an empty sac.

But Dr says he still thinks its not viable. I asked him what the new blob is and he said he didn't know.

However, when I asked him if I would then get misoprostol for an induced miscarriage, or a d&c, he refused, and he said 'we still need to make absolutely sure it isn't viable', and wants me to come back in a weeks time and rescan. Huh?

im not sure how to feel. I guess it's still bad news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, I'm Sorry to hear about your 2 blasts Hopefully your little bean on board will be the one though And it's great news that you do have one frostie.

Stillhope, how are you going?

Ann, I am doing an antagonist cycle, just like my others. Glad to hear you are getting over your flu and things are settling down.

Threegoes, here are some good vibes for great follie growth over the next few days

Butterfly - heli boarding? You definitely sound like an adrenaline junkie!! Would love to hear your travel stories from that, but of course I hope you are UTD by then... Hope the Chinese comfort food helped.

Octoberbaby, hope your DS had a great birthday. My DD is a couple of months older than your DS, I am really enjoying this age.

Hi Emski, Mrs P, Fingers, Myheart, Luca, Panda, Bertie, MrsMac, Tinybaby, Twocam, MrsErinR and everyone else

AFM - back to the clinic this morning to pick up meds and get my Elonva shot. I feel more nervous now that my last stim cycle, that's for sure. I could kid myself that the last lot were OK, but obviously not. But no hiding from a biopsy, it either is OK or it isn't

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-09-2013),Kenta  (26-09-2013),MrsPontipine  (26-09-2013),Octoberbaby2010  (26-09-2013)