Closed Thread
Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac - not sure about what your FN has told you, but from my perspective, it has definitely not been easier after having had a child. We've been at it since my DD was one and a half, and are still at it more than a year and a half later. She took 6 weeks to conceive, and I guess we were lucky then, but it's certainly run out now.

As far as I'm concerned, certainly not easier.

ETA: this is a particular sore point for me at the moment. People in my circle ask when we are having another, or assume that we don't want another. I have told some people about our IVF treatment, and most have been understanding, and I've even found out some of them have had treatment too. However I've also had some insensitive and offensive comments about it, so sorry if my post comes over strongly. I know I'm lucky to have DD. Rant over
    Last edited by SpringRain; 18-09-2013 at 19:30.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Springy, Mrsmac - I managed to get pregnant without trying too hard (i.e. when i saw some fertile CM we would do it) when DS was 10 months old. I was BFing 6 times a day too. I've got to say, I was pretty bl@@dy surprised. I was told that having a baby "kick started my body into being able to get pg". After the MC though, there has been no such luck.

Springy, - I was thinking of asking WDA about doing CGH on this cycle if I get a few eggs, I would rather have nothing to transfer, than to take another 2 weeks of drugs, and possibly a fruitless FET. But from what you have said, it's not that easy to set up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kenta- why day 2? I would grow them out if possible to blast. Otherwise see how they are growing and then decide. I used pregnyl once only with crinone and it was something like day 3, 6 and 9 (?) after transfer. The next cycle fs put me on crinone and pessaries only.
    Ann- I've heard that 6 weeks is too early for an ultrasound, but if fs saids its ok I guess he knows best. At the moment I'm eating loads of food and feel disgusting, and I'm pretty grumpy. Poor DH! Seriously this is like the 2ww multiplied by 10. It's soooo slow.
    By the way I couldn't believe how expensive pessaries were. Up to now I've always got them as part of my cycle. I paid $120 for 30 which will basically cover me for 15 days. Isn't that a ridiculous price?!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
    ETA: this is a particular sore point for me at the moment. People in my circle ask when we are having another, or assume that we don't want another. I have told some people about our IVF treatment, and most have been understanding, and I've even found out some of them have had treatment too. However I've also had some insensitive and offensive comments about it, so sorry if my post comes over strongly. I know I'm lucky to have DD. Rant over
    Yes I understand, people just don't ask us when we are having a baby any more, noone does, when we first got married they did, I know they silently pity us, family members as well. Also I have never forgotten when I miscarried 6 years ago this guy I worked with..and I guess he just didn't know what to say...he has 2 kids....he said....ohhh you don't want kids anyway they are a pain, if I had my time over I would not have had them...I saw red really...it was like...yeh I know how close you are to your kids so what a load of crap and uhhh you cannot say things like that and mean it... unless the choice is taken from you, you have no idea, most people do not need to think of what it really means

With regard to donor eggs and sisters, my 38 year old sister has offered to donate eggs and be a surrogate, she has kids, youngest is 3, but I said to her shes too old and of course I am grateful but I just could not ask her to go through that. I do have 2 much younger sisters but now that I have been thinking about it maybe coming to that, I am not sure that I would want that...from so many angles it seems weird, I guess I am just not at that stage yet...yes I want the bump, to be a mother, to give birth etc, who cares whose egg in the end??? how weird would it even be for my sister. I would almost prefer a stranger or would I? Really don't know about that conclusion yet fingers crossed it does not come to that. Has anyone used a family donor egg? I guess you get some counselling.

I saw somewhere a chart that shows all the acronyms you use somewhere? Having a bit of trouble translating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SpringRain... my arms have recovered from 14 vials taken in 5 days!! Good to hear about your DH's SA looking better.

Kenta... good luck for EPU on Friday. My first transfer was a 2dt, but if you have a number, I would so agree with growing them out and chosing the best.

Ann17 and others.... unfortunately my follicles aren't looking great. Today is d10 of GonalF, and I've only got 4 tiny ones - 5,9,10 and 13. My FS rang this afternoon and said, we'll see how another BT and scan go on Friday, but they're growing really slowly, plus not having many, that he recommends cancelling this cycle. Of course, I'm really bummed about that. He reckons that if we cancel and try again next month we may get more, as differences just occur from month to month. But I wonder, if we cancel, and then next month, we're still in the same boat. And of course, on my 4th cycle I only had two follicles - he recommended cancelling then, but I said no, as they were good sizes and ready to go on d10, so we went ahead. We only had one fertilise, but it stopped growing on day 3, so considering the follicles this time are growing slowly, it makes sense that's what will happen to any embryos too. But my 3rd cycle follicles were slow growing, but we got a really nice one to transfer, so I just don't know what to think. I guess there's nothing I can do, and just wait out til Friday and see what the scan says then.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 18-09-2013 at 21:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG, what a "bummer" (sorry I have not real suitable words for that) as your news you've got aren't very happy. I really hope they will develop until Friday.
    Lots of strong big healthy growing follicles I wish here and hopefully you'll be able to transfere then!!!
    good luck and big

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie-it's so hard to know what to do because this whole process is unpredictable. I think you wait till Friday and make the decision based on those results.
    Mrsmac- you can find ivf acronyms if you do a search. There are many many lists available. Before you know it you will be an expert like the rest of us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, - sending you lots of to help those follies grow! Good luck for friday...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, to your follies for some good growth over the next few days.

MrsP, the CGH wasn't that hard to set up, the main thing was getting the karyotyping blood tests done, they take a few weeks to come back. We were told it could take up to 6 weeks for them to be completed. And of course the major challenge of getting enough eggs for a chromosomally normal embie...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking the day2 transfer might be because my FS believes in natural FET as being more successful so more focussed on getting to natural FET perhaps and this transfer is just part of the process with little chance of success anyway. Apparently I respond ok so that's a bonus and we are hoping for about 6 eggs.

Bertie what type of dose and cycle are you on?

Panda what did you do in your last cycle? Did you grow them all to blast?