Hello I am new but I have been reading here for a couple of weeks. 41 in Dec, no kids, have had 2 ectopics, one in each tube, one tube remaining. After my last ectopic in 1999 I had pushed it under the carpet and thought I have plenty of time and have been working hard and met my husband in the meantime.
Then, my husband and I almost started IVF 6 years ago just after we got married... The FS said he wanted my remaining tube removed first. The cost of this took the wind right out of our sails before we even started or had to wait a year to go via public. We tried ourselves then, good thing was 1st cycle I fell pregnant, bad thing was I miscarried at like 5 weeks. I have had 2 prior miscarriages, when I was very young, around 18. I was in such a state after the miscarriage because I was actually expecting an ectopic. Now I know that the FS was assuming I have a hydrosalpinx.
In Dec last year i turned 40 and almost immediately had some kind of breakdown...by Feb this year quit my job to work from home..deep down I knew what it was, I was trying to come to terms with my age and being childless and being childless forever, my husband just does not have the same need as me. Took me until last Wed to have the guts to just come out and say it to my husband and ask him if we could try again. Still money is an issue but now the Springwood clinic is an option for me. Now I can't get in for my first appointment until Nov 12 so I am jumping out of my skin, madly trying to lose weight, went on monday to have my own AMH test via my GP. Feel like my eggs are fading away while I am waiting. I called Springwood and spoke to a nurse to ask what else can I do...and well now I feel stupid as I have had an implanon implant since my miscarriage 6 years ago and shes like...how long have you been trying and I said I haven't been...I just don't want anything to jeopardise my first cycle starting...mentioned my bad tube and she brushed off that I might not need it removed and said start trying naturally...my mother is saying "as your mother I am telling you to calm down and wait" as I have a tendency to crash and burn.
At any rate of course I have ignored mum as usual heh. The nurse said...you do know you have less than 5% chance of success (I dont know where that comes from I have seen so many percentages around)...it seems that because I have never had a live birth I have less chance now which I don't know why that is either. Got my period on Wed last week, implanon removed on Friday, I read that you ovulate almost straight away sometimes would that mean that I can ovulate towards the end of my period?
Anyway I am in agony waiting to start I need to work, but I cannot concentrate on anything else...in fact, I have not had a good nights sleep since we decided to go ahead with it.....how many meetings to you have before you can start? I am on the pessimistic side, I have had 4 positives in the past and when I dare to get excited its taken away every single time.
Sorry its long, I am going to burst. I just don't know how to go on with my life in the meantime and even more now that we have made the decision to start I am realising that I might have left it too late. Thankyou for listening