Closed Thread
Page 55 of 91 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My gosh, Bertie; that's really annoying that they couldn't do the tests before already.
    but still good news that your sis can do it straight after you. Well, we will hope you don't need her :-) all the best with your first jabbbbbb :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, what is ANA..? Does it effect implantation...? Is the test a blood test..?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Panda - yay for strong beating heart!!! I think it's time to sit back relax and enjoy your pregnancy !!!!

still hope- good to see you back (under the circumstances ie.). It's good that you have made peace in moving on to donor but if you feel that you need your last shot at it then do that. Personally I was ready after stim 5. I have a friend who went off her pill (she has 2 ds and 1dd) and got pregnant straightaway, she is 41 yrs. She wasn't happy at all and when she told she was annoyed with herself and the worst part was i had lump in my throat as I had just flown-in to do stim 4 (earlier in the year) but she didn't know. And then i saw her off at her obs in the same street as i was going the very next day to QFG. And I thought how lucky she was going to her obs and here iam doing my baselines only.
    She just had her bub dd.

Bertie - sorry iam a bit confused so if your do need to go back down the waiting list at current place then how can your sister cycle straight after a bfn cycle? Are you planning to freeze ? I sincerely hope that this I'd your lucky cycle, happy jabbing !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats Ann.

MGC bertie and springrain, think I'm going to be cycling with you. Also back on gonal f instead of menopur and think will add in luveris as well like you MGC this cycle. Did you have blood test or are you going to just take luveris on day6?

Hope everyone else is well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013),Team panda  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to let you girls know, ANA and ANCA are a simple blood test that can be ordered by any doctor eg a GP. Usually takes about a day for the results.

For those that dont know, ANA (antinuclear antibody) and ANCA (anti neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody) are part of a broad 'autoimmune screen' which detect the presence of many autoimmune diseases.

With respect to reproductive problems, antinuclear antibodies cause an inflammation in the uterus that does not allow it to be a suitable host for implantation of the embryo. Natural killer cells misinterpret the fetal cells as cancer cells and attack them. An individual that experiences reproductive autoimmune issues has unexplained infertility, endometriosis, and repetitive miscarriages due to elevated levels of ANA circulating.

As with most autoimmune diseases, treatment is usually with steroids.

Hope this was helpful

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-09-2013),emski72  (10-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013),myheart  (10-09-2013),StillHope  (10-09-2013),Team panda  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiny-Is Dru yoga good to do during pregnancy? I do a type of yoga and have still some lessons owing. But I stopped going after embryo transfer as didnt want to over exert myself.
    Myheart - we all know that feeling when others fall pregnant and we are left behind wondering what is wrong with us.
    I had 2 friends (nearly 42) both fall pregnant the same month last year. One said she wasnt even trying. The nice thing was that the other one was very sensitive to what I had been through and acknowledged it. She ended up having a downs baby and I felt bad for being upset initially. It made me realise the world is not black and white and nothing is as it seems.
    Regarding the exercising, the day of embryo transfer I went for a bit of an early morning walk and even climbed over a fence. Id read somewhere that it was good to get the blood pumping to the uterus so I thought I had nothing to lose.
    I asked Lynn about vitex and she said I didnt need it. Apparently it just regulates your hormones if you have really long cycles.
    Mrs Erin-Good luck with your fet. Get your uterus ready. I drank loads of raspberry leaf tea and rosehip tea.
    Bertie i ended up having nkc testing after cycle 4 and found they were slightly elevated. I think you are right to be annoyed. Some doctors dont seem to believe in them. It seems to depend on your doctor.
    everyone else.
    If anyone is interested I found a good sleep meditation on you tube last night. It put me to sleep in 5 minutes.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-09-2013),myheart  (10-09-2013),StillHope  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone
    Team Panda and anyone wanting more info on yoga during pregnancy.
    druonline.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/dru-pre-natal-yoga/

Have a great day

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinybaby4me For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-09-2013),Team panda  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well they started me on thyroxine today for low thyroid which is new. this was a bit of a surprise initially but not after i realised i had all the symptoms. Got the runaround from my GP... Referred me to an endocrinologist who was booked out until October My FS sorted it out though today and started the meds for me which I was very happy about. My bp is also up already so I might end up needing that treated too.... The saga continues.... Makes me wonder how the bogans just pop them out no worries lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

After reading what some of you have written about light exercise during your 2ww, it makes sense to get blood flowing... I have had cycles when I rested for three days after transfer and cycles when I did light walking... I must say that when I rested i got a straight BPN... Thank you all...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stillhope... yes, so hope I don't need any back-up plan :-)) It was always the plan to do the 6th cycle with my own eggs, especially since it's only the 3rd cycle with donor sperm, so that's why we've had little discussions about using my sister's egg, but not until the FS appointment on Monday did we really talk about it seriously and start to make plans.

Myheart... Butterfly has done a brilliant job explaining the ANA test - much better then I could have - thanks Butterfly. I'm just annoyed that they wait until you have failures before doing more tests - my tip is that if you know about those tests, get them done earlier, rather than waiting for 3 failures.

Butterfly... unfortunately the stats say about 10% of women have a thyroid condition of some sort, so it's fairly common (yes, me too!). About 10% of those women (so 1%) have the life threatening version called Grave's Disease (yes, me), but I've had mine cancelled out with radio-active iodine treatment and then take tablets every day for the rest of my life. I'm good remembering taking tablets, so no problem, but you will need to have it monitored often with BTs (depending how bad yours is - in the first years I had mine tested every 6-8 weeks, but now it's stable just once a year now - unless I get pregnant, then more often, as thyroid levels change with pregnancy)

Ann17... yes going back to the bottom on the donor sperm list is the problem, which is why I wanted the FS to do the "double cycle" now, but he wouldn't do it. As it will take two months to do all the tests, counselling etc with my sister, I'll put my name back on the bottom of the list (it's only $100 to do that) and see how quickly we can move to the top. However, I have already an appointment set up at Fertility First (which has no waiting list), so in all likelihood, I'll take my sister across there, in order to not wait 3-4 months at IVFA. Even though I asked my FS directly on Monday if there's anyway of getting to the top of the list quicker (he said no), I'm secretly hoping that when I tell him that I'm moving clinics because of it, then maybe he can do something. If he can't, and I'm happy with the consults at FF I'll move there. But at the same time, I'm trying not to spend too much time thinking about the next step, but rather enjoying where I am at the moment, and hoping that this present cycle works :-)) As to freezing anything - that would be great, but so far in 5 cycles, there's not been anything to freeze.

Kenta... I'm having a BT on Friday morning (day 6) and then start Orgalutran and Luveris that night, depending on results. When are you starting jabbing?

Eating pineapple core didn't do anything for me last time, so maybe I'll take up the light walking idea, rather than staying on the couch this time. Thanks, always looking for tips.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-09-2013),StillHope  (10-09-2013)