Closed Thread
Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two eggs retrieved. They are going to remove some of the cells around them this afternoon and if they are mature they will do ICSI even though there are no issues with the sperm. They just want to give best possible chance of fertilizing. If they do fertilize, then transfer likely at day 3 as no point in waiting til day 5 with only 2 eggs. So unless I hear today then tomorrow I begin daily calls to the clinic. Over another hurdle and onto the next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cuddleready - good luck for fertilisation today.
    i got my results and they are at 23109 which my nurse said is exactly where they should be for 6 weeks and 1 day. Anyway after the phone call I started worrying as I calculated that my hcg wasn't increasing at same speed as it had been, and everything I've read online saids its supposed to double every 2 to 3 days. So by my calculations it should have been over 30000? So I rang my nurse and she had left for the day. I decided to call my old nurse from Richmond and she said that at the beginning it increase rapidly and then it starts to plateau. She said mine is at the right level according to their table and that it won't double as it had been.
    Geez! I need to get off dr google, too much knowledge and its stressing me out!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-08-2013),Twocam  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Team panda - geez the stress we go through! It so hard not to look into everything and think the worse. Especially when you think about the disappointment we have all become used to. Sounds like all progressing nicely for you though and I'm excited about hearing all the news as baby panda continues to grow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuddleready For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ok got my drugs... now I just need AF. Could be waiting a while. Have a feeling I'll be cycling in the last couple of weeks of Sept through to early Oct. Anyone else going around that time?

Em x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm straggling back in after a brief hiatus after failed emby thaw, and much lurking. Unfortunately I developed another tumour in 1 of my bbs (already have fibroadenomas and fibroids) between my first cycle, turning 40, and failed thaw FET. Gah! I had to stop everything and get it sorted. It turned out to be benign but rare thing called PASH (ofcourse). too much pashing?
    5 biopsies and a few plane flights later I got the all clear from a cancer point of view which was a huge relief.....

Back to business ...I was all set to cycle again and my fs went away and I was quite miffed. ....somewhat passive aggressively or ?out of spite I did some Chinese herbs until ocp began which seemed to agree with me oddly enough. i thought blow this and I went skiing which ran onto the first part of my jabbing when he returned. it was a blessing in disguise and really took my mind off things and dh and i had such fun together, and I almost felt like I wasn't even interested in ivf anymore. I found the exertion level fine which I didn't expect. I ate hearty mountain food, and zoomed around in freezing blizzard conditions.

Anyway raced home and aug 19th I had transfer of 2 early blasts (too early to grade) and also got 2 morulas which then made the freezer as d6 blasts. Last time I got more eggs but less blasts - only 2. I still got a mild hyperstimulation and that was on only 150 gonal but it was nothing like the wild ride I had last time on 187.5... So I had the hcg trigger instead of synarel this time which FS and I were really really hoping would mature the eggs and help with implantation this time.

not much to report 2ww-wise except I developed severe exhaustion in the middle and out of frustration, demanding an answer, (am I getting old?), on d9p5dtf I cracked and poas in the supermarket toilets. So trailer trash.

To my astonishment -- Surprise surprise BFP ! Then, I did another brand and it was negative and went into a flat spin, completely losing earlier poise, rifling through the supermarket shelves like a startled squirrel, looking for the most reliable test - which I'm thinking after 5 positive tests later was clear blue? Even though my brain knew that False negatives were way more common than false positives I still lost the plot. I found salvation when meekly, I confessed my sins to the clinic who took pity on me and did an early beta which was reassuring at 90. Gave the first positive test to DH as surprise early Father's Day prez. Hope it sticks

Just wanted to share this with u guys .... Have really enjoyed reading this thread especially, thanks for listening.

butterfly39
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 30-08-2013 at 11:31.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (31-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Butterfly that was a roller coaster post!
    Congratulations! Wonderful news we've had a few graduates lately - giving us all hope!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Ok got my drugs... now I just need AF. Could be waiting a while. Have a feeling I'll be cycling in the last couple of weeks of Sept through to early Oct. Anyone else going around that time?

Em x
    Probably me Em! We will see what my FS has to say on tuesday.

Hi everyone. So sorry, but I will get to personals one of these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Had my EPU today, I have 3 follicles at this stage, the other was immature.

I will keep you posted on updates.

Cuddle Great to see you have two eggs retrieved, crossing everything for continued success in the next steps.

Teampanda Good to see things are progressing along, yes I know the feeling of googling so much the anxiety and confusion drive you insane.

Twocam I am excited for you, how did the scan go today?

Emski Thank you for the support. How are things?

Ann Thanks for placing all the detail up about your previous cycles. It really helps me understand more and peace of mind.

Sunny, Myheart, Fort, Mrs P keeping you ​in my thoughts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinybaby4me For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Butterfly, what a story! Congratulations and please let us know how you progress.
    Tinybaby good luck with fertilisation.And hope one of these eggs is your golden egg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski... if all goes to plan I'll be starting injections from the last day of September, with EPU middle of October.

AFM... Still haven't heard from my FS. I rang today to confirm that 1) he's not away at the moment and 2) that I'd got the email address correct. Receptionist says "well why don't you try the email address with a dot?" Come on girl - it either has a dot or it doesn't!! So I've now sent the email off again in about 4 different variations - the one with the dot bounced back!!