Closed Thread
Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everybody,
    I had my first scan today and found there are 4 follicles averaging 10 - 11 mm then there are 2 more at 7.
    Ann17 this is cd 5.
    Are my follicle numbers too low? I was also told that Gonal F at 250 is ok at the moment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinybaby4me For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tinybaby4me - as you are cycle day 5 they will usually continue to grow them out to day 9/10/ 12/13. Depends as everyone is different. You have 6 follicles at the moment which is good for our age group.
    Last edited by Team panda; 22-08-2013 at 21:08.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TinyBaby sounds like a fine number at our age - I had 7 at scan, 6 at retrieval. yours continue to develop beautifully.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Tinybaby4me  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TeamPanda - How did your bloods go? I am also having quite a bit of insomnia...not stressed or restless, just wide awake for most of the night.

Tiny - 250 Gonal F is quite low for our age and you have responded well with 6 follies. At CD5, you have enough time for them to 'fatten'...get nice and juicy!

MrsErin - Sorry to read your post. I hope FS had some answers for you today, as I agree, going from 22 to 12 to 4 to 1...is not great numbers...but that 1 just might be the golden 1. Look after yourself and bounce back for October.

Ann - Yes, I have answered your PM. Things are moving along nicely for you now.

Emski - Are the migraines easing?

Spring - That melatonin sounds great...I NEED sleep at the moment.

MrsP - 8 follies is great...how did your scan go yesterday?

Kenta, MyHeart, MGC, Luca, Twocam - Hi, how are you all

to anyone that I have missed.

AFM
    Have had slight spotting, so just as a precaution I had another blood test today and will get results tomorrow. It doesn't appear to be anything nasty, but I have an appointment with GP tomorrow anyway to go through ultrasound report and get an ob referral...might as well get an up to date HCG number!

Hope you are all well.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (24-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (22-08-2013),Team panda  (22-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

My news has not gotten any better unfortunately. Our one embryo did not progress so we don't have anything from this cycle.

We do have one frostie from a previous cycle and we're going to give that a try in October. Failing that we'll be cycling again in November.

Our FS was as surprised as we were at the bad results as I have a strangely high AMH and usually respond well, and our fertilisation rates have been high in the past. So, we'll be dropping the Menopur and we're also returning to antagonist cycles as that's where we've had our best response in the past. I'm happy about that as they are much quicker and time is not on my side really.

I'm starting to think about egg donors too. We're both open to it but not quite there yet. Our FS said we should start talking about it if I'm not pregnant after the FET and one more stim.

x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin - How awful for you...its must be so disappointing to not get some answers. I notice from your signature block that you are only 40 and you say that you have a high AMH and usually get good fertilisation rates...have you always been with the same FS? Have you ever thought of getting a second opinion? What further investigations have you had; eg, any possible immune issues etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to make a comment to any ladies contemplating donor eggs. I TOTALLY understand the 'one last try with my own eggs' theory...I did it too...but once you have stepped over that line and made the decision to use donor eggs, you will wonder why you didn't make the decision sooner. BUT your IVF journey, including donor eggs, is a very personal one and you need closure with your own eggs...so please don't beat yourself up over making the decision. We all need to know that we have left no 'stone unturned' trying with our own eggs....heck, I know that when all is done and dusted for me, I did not want the 'what ifs' and the 'I should haves' creep into my thoughts....it will do my head in! Do whatever you need to do for you to get to the stage of wanting to go down the donor route....Im going to be cheeky here - but don't be surprised when you find yourself saying I should have used donor eggs way before I did!!!

If and when you go down the donor path, it will be a fabulous, exciting experience and a very rewarding one. I still cannot fathom the unbelievable precious gift that donors give. How do you thank them for giving an opportunity of another life....the words "thank you" do not seem enough. In an attempt to thank my donor I gave her a little gift, however, would you believe and I did not expect, that my donor (we have never met) actually gave me a little gift to remember Cape Town by....as if I could ever forgot her and her generosity. Good luck ladies.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (24-08-2013),Luca  (23-08-2013),SpringRain  (23-08-2013),Team panda  (22-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erin good that you have a plan. Take it easy this weekend perhaps catch a movie n try n make yourself n dh happy.

Emski I have bad migraines as well. Last week I had to get pethedine n phenergan shot. What go you take got it ?

Sunny I guess light bleeds n spotting occurs for some in their pregnancies, so hopefully u have nothing up worry about. Good idea to have your bt. I replied to you pm yest but I guess u didn't get it. For some reason my sent items box is empty n any pm i send doesn't register there? So there's no way of telling if pm r actually sent once I push the submit button. Just wanted to say I would appreciate any info you would want to pm me.

Panda how did your bt go ?

Tiny while your dose does sound on the lower side however 6 follies are good no.s. my first I had only 2! But I normally average 7 matured eggs. You still have time for it to grow to the right size n your current follie size in mm are good as well.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (27-08-2013),Team panda  (22-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny well said!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (27-08-2013),Team panda  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin - sometimes it's probably better sticking to what you know. We also tried menopaur and saizen last cycle and it made not one iota of difference. Saizen was an expensive experiment. Unfortunately sometimes we have these s**t cycles in ivf and its devastating coming out with nothing at the end. It's great you still have a good egg count, at least you are not scraping the bottom of the barrel yet so to speak. You also have a frosty and you know you can get pregnant.
    Sunny congratulations with the singleton! At least with younger eggs you don't have as much stress. I'm sorry to hear about your spotting but sounds like its under control.
    Ann it's all come around very quickly. Good luck for tomorrows scan and to monday. And fingers crossed its a sticky one. Your niece sounds like an amazing person.
    AFM I got myself in a right old state waiting for the blood test today. But all is fine and HCG is at 7435 which is perfect and progesterone 130. My nurse said if I start feeling anxious again I can go in and have a blood test whenever I want. Phew. I have next bloods on Thursday. The thing is apart from insomnia, today there was nothing going on inside of me. Nada. Strangely after the phone call I had an onset of reflux, burping and nausea. I would have appreciated it a lot earlier.