Closed Thread
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Fingers crossed for you Springy! My heart, welcome, sorry to hear of your long road, I think most of us in here have been through a lot so you will find a lot of shoulders to cry on. A few girls from this thread have gone the ED route, I'd have no qualms doing it but my hubby wants to give our own eggs a couple more chances. After that ( if it comes to that) we'll look at a donor cycle in South Africa.
    There is a whole big section on donor eggs in SA in the donor egg section.
    Last edited by emski72; 21-07-2013 at 17:18.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bertie... grow embies grow... good luck for a nice blast tomorrow for transfer..fingers crossed that it is your turn for 2 lines....

DJ.. woohoo on the fertilisation.. remember young eggs... they grow well... I only had 3 fertilse... and look at me now !!!!!!

Springrain... woohoo PUPO... fingers crossed... eat up pamper yourself and be merry... fingers crossed for you xx

emski -- woohoo for on the train again...

myheart... welcome to this lovely place of compassion and wisdom.. I am glad that you have come to the decision of donor eggs early rather than later. once that little bub is growing inside you it will be your baby through and through.
    There are many routes and some of us have gone to South africa and some like myself to the USA. Ask any questions and knowledge is your best key.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-07-2013),SpringRain  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Bertie x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome my heart, lots of lovely women on this thread to help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positive thoughts for you DJ x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Cape Town is beautiful...I love it here.

Had our first appointment with FS last wednesday. Donor has 15 to 20 eggs, but havent got too excited as we all know that anything can happen in this game! EPU was put back from Friday to tomorrow, as she wasnt quite 'cooked'.

A little worried at the moment, as I have started spotting in the last couple of hours. How about this for service...it is sunday night here and I emailed FS and FN about the spotting and he has answered back already. He will check me out first thing in the morning.

Spent a cold but lovely day with DJ and another lady from the SA thread at Robben Island, where Mandela was in prison..it was also his birthday that day, so an extra special trip.

Off to bed..big day tomorrow..here's hoping the spotting stops and our donor has lots of nice ripe eggs!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sunny. Well look, it just wouldn't b a proper cycle without throwing something worrying into the mix! Spotting is Ok, just not bleeding. You need that lining! Fabulous that fs will check you out 2mrw. Amazing service, and will b great to put ur mind at ease. You still have 3/5 days to grow that lining Wow the donor numbers are SO good! I know, anything can happen in this game, but that's still really good odds, even if there are any problems along the way :-) Sorted!

Afm -still tricking along at 7wks 4dys. I've booked an 8wk scan for this Thurs, to see if a different sonographer will get more accurate measurements in line with my dates. (Last one measured too sml by 5 days) and even tho wazza says we're talking millimetres and it could b the human measurer variation, I've every reason to be worried, I've never grown past 6wks before. Maybe there just wasn't enough chromosomes the last 2 times. Heartbeat was 126, but I've been pretty symptomless except for big boobies and belly (due to mountains of progesterone support).

I don't like AT ALL what the prednisone is doing to me. Fat face, 5mnths sized stomach and always starving! !

Don't mean to complain, I'm beside myself to have reached 7 weeks, just wish I had a home scan machine

MusicalGal

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (23-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (22-07-2013),StillHope  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck and thinking of you today MGC, hope it all went to plan.
    DJ and Sonny sounds like a wonderful time for you all in SA.Good Luck for your transfers.
    Springrain I wish you all the best during your 2 ww and hope you dont go too crazy. Its great that you can do back to backs with the frozen ones. Mine are always so drawn out because they are mostly always fresh cycles.
    Hi My Heart, welcome. I think only you can decide whether you are ready for donor eggs and how much of this rollercoaster you can endure.As has been said before this is a great place to chat to others in a similar position as yourself. Im on my 8th cycle currently and 42 but still not ready for the donor route though my husband is. We get blasts and we get numbers and Im just hoping for that golden egg.
    Musical best wishes to you. There are so many hurdles to get over in this journey.
    Afm I started Puregon last night, so the countdown begins. I am sooo tired. It may be the drugs have knocked it out of me. Struggling at work today.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny.... those are great number of follicles from your donor - see what being young can do :-)) It's reassuring that you're getting good service from the doctors over there. Good luck in the next few days xx

Musicalgal... it's great to hear that you're almost at the 8 week mark. This waiting between every test doesn't seem to get any easier, does it?

AFM... Yes, I had my transfer this morning. I think the FS was hoping for a bit of a better result for Day 5 - he said they hadn't progressed that much, and though one of the 8 cells has become an "early blast", it didn't look like that any of the others would make it to freezing. Bit disappointing, as I was hoping the other 8 cell one would be good. But at least I had one to transfer. I then asked him, what exactly were the others at today, but he didn't seem to know exactly, and just seemed to want to get on with this one. Where are those scientists when you want one - they know all the numbers!! So I re-phrased, and asked "did they other ones stop growing?", to which he said, "no, they all moved on, but not greatly." I know none of them will be any good, but I am just curious to know that they didn't stop at Day 3, as it's happened in the past. Then as I've got my legs in the air, the scientist appears - not really the right time to be having a discussion!! Hehe. Afterwards, she said she will call tomorrow, to say if there was any to freeze, so I've written myself a post-it to ask her then.

Anyhow, I've had three transfers in total now from 5 cycles, and I thought I'd share the differences with you:
    - 1st - told to have an empty bladder, just like a pap smear, over and done and out
    - 2nd - told to have an empty bladder, the internal instrument thing hurt massively, so much that I almost fainted on the bed, I was in absolute agony and told the FS so, but he didn't seem worried, once it was out of me, the pain straight away went, I'm sure he had it in wrong, or at the least had pinched some bit of skin
    - 3rd (today) - same FS as 2nd transfer, but told to have a full bladder, just like a pap smear, no pain, but it took two goes, he gives the syringe thing (with the embryo) back to the scientist and she goes back to her room, he gets out the ultrasound, and then gets me, yes me, to hold the ultrasound probe on my tummy, scientist does the checking of name and DOB again, and comes back again. No problem, in it goes, and FS says, "can you see that blob, that's where it is?" Lol. All good. Well the 2WW has begun :-))

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, congratulations on being PUPO! I'm sorry to hear that the others hadn't made it to freeze Hopefully the 2WW will pass smoothly, when is your BT? Mine is on the 31st.

Team Panda, exciting to hear you've started on Puregon!!

Myheart, hello and welcome!

Hi everyone else

AFM - just waiting. I went for a nice relaxing long slow walk this morning and just trying not to stress.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (23-07-2013)