Closed Thread
Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Team panda, Thanks for your response. I was interested to hear that you also went to Dr Lolatgis. Did he tell you to try stem cell therapy? I didnt do this but i have heard mixed things about it. What were your thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emsky my heart goes out to you! Wish you luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wannabemum - I wanted to know if there was anything else he could do that my current doctor had not done for me yet. He said only stem cell therapy and gave me all the information. After reviewing my case he said that I could try it as he has had some success but its still very experimental. I have briefly read the information and it seems to be pretty invasive. (but I might be wrong) I seriously hope that I dont need to take that next step. If I feel its too much for my body I may need to consider going straight to donor eggs instead.
    I found him to be very straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Hi Team panda, Thanks for your response. I was interested to hear that you also went to Dr Lolatgis. Did he tell you to try stem cell therapy? I didnt do this but i have heard mixed things about it. What were your thoughts?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Team Panda,
    Here's my "list" of what I wanted checked before continuing on IVF:

MTHFR testing- Folic acid increase, vitamin B and higher clexane.
    Lovenox- is that just clexane? and dexamethasone is that the same as prednisone? Arixtra? methylfolate instead of folic acid?
    Polyps
    Endometrial scratch/ NK testing/ hysterescopy and endometrial biopsyis
    Immune-vascular problem/ mirco embolisms in the endometrial tissue?
    Prednisone?
    Intralipids
    Pregnyl?
    clexane
    feldene- anti inflammatory... or counter with clexane?
    Immunoglobulin G- a preparation of human derived antibodies.
    The workup should include the following tests:
    Antiphospholipid antibody panel (7 epitopes, 3 isotypes).
    Antinuclear antibody panel.
    Antithyroid antibody panel.
    Immunophenotype for NK cell number.
    NK/IVIg assay for NK cell activity.
    Also very useful:
    TNF alpha (intracellular) assay.
    Gene mutations for inherited thrombophilias.
    DQ alpha genotyping (couple).
    Leukocyte antibody detection/blocking antibodies.

Also a sperm analysis might be worth re checking as it seems you get good Fert rates by poor blastie rates. If sperm is an issue embies often fade off after day 3.

Just some food for thought.

These are sites I used to work this all out:
    If there is a MC/implantation issue:
    http://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_immunotherapy.php

If there is implantation failure:
    http://www.ivf1.com/ivf-implantation-failure/

Of course, it may just be your eggs don't quite have the oomph to make a baby- in which case donor eggs (as many here have shown) are a great option.

Best wishes,
    Fortitude

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-08-2013),myheart  (14-08-2013),Team panda  (14-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (14-08-2013),wanabemum  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Fortitude

That is quite a list!

I havent been on here for a while but I have been following (and stalking) for a while. I think I have cycled closed to you a few times. How are you travelling? I sincerely hope you are good. x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Team panda - I looked into stem cell treatment. A friend of mine had stem cell and ivf and was successful with Lolatgis after failing elsewhere. I looked into it and decided not to go ahead with it as it didn't seem to offer that much extra based on the results of Lolatgis second trial. Another friend went through Lolatgis and tried the stem cells without success. Perhaps you can ask him what his recent results are?

The list that Fortitude as given is excellent. I wish I had this list when I first started as I didnt find out that I had killer cells until I was too old. I suggest this list is a fantastic place to start for anyone thinking about IVF.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (15-08-2013),Team panda  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Fortitude- that is quite a list. I know I have been checked for some of those things as they do sound familiar. Others Im not quite sure,I'll have to go through my blood tests at home. Lynn is pretty thorough but she is open to suggestions. Sperm samples have been 2 out of 3 good. She saids icsi ha eliminates bad sperm. I asked about Dna sperm fragmentation test but was told icsi ha deals with that issue too.
    She seems to think its my eggs. I find it strange because my mother and grandmother both had children over 40. (grandmother was 47)
    Maybe I should take your list in next time I see her and ask her?
    x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Emski - god luck on your BT

Fortitude - thank you so much for the information - I will use this to discuss with my doctor...

Team Panda - I agree, take control of your cycle. I find Lynn to be fast...you need to remind her of things...I guess I was hoping that she would be able to help me get pregnant as she has done for others...but no luck so far...

Wanabemum - I know how you feel...after my last miscarriage I ate because I was upset and I didn't have the heart for exercising...it takes awhile to get back into a routine and feel a little better about yourself... once you hold your lovely baby in your arms you will forget all about the IVF failures and the whole rollercoaster, I know this thought helps me. Also try focusing on something else like getting fit - when you work hard at that it pays off and you feel better...hope this helps... Don't worry about donor eggs, I am on that path and many women have had quick success...

Sunny - when is your next BT?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (15-08-2013),Team panda  (15-08-2013),wanabemum  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thank you all for the cheers from the sidelines, I appreciate it! But it was a BFN for me this morning on my trusty FRER, I'd already mentally moved on to my next (and last stim cycle) anyway, so feel ok about it. Just want AF to show so I can get on with things.
    In all honesty this last cycle feels like going through the motions for hubby before moving to donor eggs. I would have been in Cape Town last year if it were up to me.
    Good luck for tomorrow Panda.
    Em xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski

I hope you can find the time to just relax and recover now while you wait for AF. I admire your focus and pragmatism. Inspiring!