Closed Thread
Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sunny - I think being happy but cautious is ideal...well done! Can you let me know what intralipid intervention is? Does it have something to do with natural kiler cells?

Team Panda - I looked at only one of the clinics in Spain as this was recommened by my old doctor. My new doctor at Monash recommened against Thailand so I did not look into it. I chose The World Egg Bank as they showed what the donors look like now and they have more donors that have a similar resemblence to me. It is a hard decision as my doctor said I could continue trying with my own eggs but the chances of a live birth decrease the longer we try... my husband is nearly 48 and so we want to have a child sooner than later...

Does anyone have high natural killer cells? If so, did you take prednisolne? If so, when did you start taking it?

AFM - Monash have a policy that we need to use any frozen embryos before going to donor eggs...so I will transfer my last blast soon... but I have started the process for donor eggs and have selected my 4 donors. I will be paying the $17,000 tomorrow...!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-08-2013),Team panda  (11-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myheart, well done on choosing your donors! Good luck for your last transfer!

TeamPanda, lots and lots of for your test on Friday. Must be such a relief to get your car back too. All my transfers have been 5 day ones, so I'm thinking that even though they look good, they must obviously not be chromosomally normal. So on to CGH...

Sunny, hope little Sunny is settling in well

Mrs P, hope you are feeling much better now.

Ann, Emski, tinybaby, Micca, Twocam, Fingers Kenta, and everyone else.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (12-08-2013),MrsPontipine  (11-08-2013),myheart  (12-08-2013),Team panda  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MyHeart - dr Lolgatis in melbourne does intralipids. From what I understand its to help lower natural killer cells and its administered intravenously.
    I take prednisolone. I start it on the same day I start injections. I didn't take it till the day of transfer this time. As we were supposed to do a freeze all and do pgd but then changed our minds and my fs hadn't put it on the list. So I may not have suppressed enough. They like to suppress you for 1 to 2 weeks before transfer but it depends on the doctor. When are you transferring ?
    Congratulations on moving forward with The World Egg Bank. That's really exciting and I admire you. We may be soon following you. I'm doing a lot of reading at the moment regarding the different donor options. Is the $17000 the initial payment?
    Springrain, we have the same issue in that our blasts look good but must have something wrong with them. I hope CGH works for you. X
    Last edited by Team panda; 11-08-2013 at 17:42.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi eveyone,

Hope you have all had a nice weekend.

myHeart Do you know why your Monash doctor has recommended against Thailand? We are not at the stage of considering donor eggs yet although may have to so I am making the most of everyone's research.
    Team panda for Friday.

Spring rain how are you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinybaby4me For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-08-2013),Team panda  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Popped in to check on Springy.....how are you doing hon .

MyHeart I would also be interested in the Dr reasons re: Thailand. I lived there for a number of years (DH is Thai) and lots of people we know had DE while there and I'd never heard anything negative before. It would have been our #1 choice if this IVF hadn't worked

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-08-2013),Team panda  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

From what I have been told some doctors recommend different donor clinics. I was with Melb IVF for 6 transfers and then moved to Monash IVF with Lynn for my last transfer. I spoke my dr at Melb IVF who recommended Spain - institute marques. My dr at Monash recommended either south africa or the world egg bank. She didn't know much about Thailand or Spain. I heard another dr at Monash favours Greece. I guess it depends on the dr...

I liked the world egg bank because I think if I have to do two transfers it works out cheaper plus the donor list provided a few ladies who look similar to me...plus, I could ask my dr for assitance on which donor to select...

The cost for the world egg bank is: $1,500 for monash, $17,000 then $3,000 for TWEB, $1,000 for the shipping of the eggs, $4,300 for Monash for the frozen cycle (can claim $1,600 from medicare). It is expensive but if I have to do another cycle the cost is only $2,300 for Monash and I get $1,600 from medicare.

I have the cost breakdown for Sapin if anyone is interested...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-08-2013),Team panda  (12-08-2013),Tinybaby4me  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all, well I just had my follow up with my FS even though my cycle is till going - BT is on Friday - it was good to have a bit of a debrief as to why only 1 of my 9 eggs fertilised, she seems to think my eggs might be a bit tough ... oh well, we'll be doing HA-ICSI next cycle (not sure if thats any different to standard ICSI?) Its not worth doing a medicated FET cycle until I have more than one to thaw as I'm scared it won't thaw... next step after that is donor eggs, she actually suggested Capetown (same FS as Myheart has) and offered to coordinate all meds and scans for me at no cost outside of her normal consult fee which is great as I've heard of some FS's charging $750 'coordination' fees.
    Any way, one step at a time, lets see what Fri brings.
    Em x

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-08-2013),Team panda  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MyHeart I would be interested in the Spain cost breakdown, thank you. I've heard Thailand has excellent clinics. I think someone was discussing it on the donor egg thread.
    Emski good to get a debrief in before Friday. We have also always done ha icsi since we had no fertilisation during cycle 3. How have you been during this 2 ww anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski and team panda, i guess you guys are on the home run, really really hope that its a sticky one for you both!

myhesrt sounds like you coming up with a good plan. i guess you have alot of no.s to crunch! but it will be all worth it in the end!

pringy hope you are ok.s

sunny i replied to your pm but i dont think its gone through! how annoying! i will pm you again and i did find your pm quite informative, in fact i sent an email to my fs pronto after that. thx.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-08-2013),Team panda  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    so sorry for the typos but my tablet ha gone crazy!