Closed Thread
Page 16 of 91 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck tomorrow Bertie! We'll all be thinking of you.
    Thanks for the comiserations - I'm ok, focusing on the one good embie left. I already have a follow up appointment booked with my FS few days before my BT will be due so I'll ask for some answers/suggestions then. I'll also call my old clinic to see what needs to be done to move it over. Hopefully I might be able to do a FET next month if this one is a bust.
    Em x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    BTW Panda - does Lynn do her own transfers or is a case of whoever is on duty on the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies,

emski72 - are you asking about Lynn Burmeister at Monash IVF? She does not do her own transfers. I recently moved from Melb IVF to Monash and I'm seeing Lynn. I have done one transfer with Lynn and she doesn't do the egg collection or the transfer.

If anyone is interested, I have researched The World Egg Bank. Monash "import" the donor eggs at a cost of approx. $23,000 plus $4,800 for the IVF transfer. They guarantee 7 frozen eggs and that 4 will thaw. After that it is fate.. Also, the time frame is approx. 6 months frome when you select three donors to when you would recieve the eggs...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (03-08-2013),Luca  (03-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Myheart yes I see LynnB, I figured that might be the case. She gave me the info on the world egg bank but SA is much cheaper and would include a holiday! I like that the World egg bank has a thaw guarantee though.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Emski
    her clinic use to be in Hawthorn in the same building as the hospital and she use to pop down for 10 minutes and do a transfer if requested.
    I asked for her last time but was told its not possible now, unless she is on duty that day. I did have her for my egg collection in May as she was on. She has a good reputation for success in transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    BTW Panda - does Lynn do her own transfers or is a case of whoever is on duty on the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Bertie and Springy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sprinrain and Bertie, will be keeping you in my prayers.
    Last edited by BH-tech; 07-01-2015 at 11:55.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinybaby4me For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Good luck Springrain and Bertie!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bertie and Springrain, hanging out here for your news. The wait is making me nervous !! Remember whatever the case we are all here for you lovelies.

Emski, i have been there 1 out of 7 fertilised (my worst ever result and the only cycle I ever used DH frozen sperm) and I was gutted, I felt so sick to my stomach that morning as I spoke with the scientist .......but thankful in the end that at least I had one to tx. Hope you are pupo soon!

Team panda - how are the embies doing? You are freezing right? What does your FS say? I too have read that sometimes FETs are better and I can certainly see it in signatures for some posts in various threads. I have personally never done it, I guess mainly because I have been chicken and because I always have 5 or less embies I get scared that I may lose it in thawing process. My FS has never recommended a freeze (well it never came up) but he wld if my body was a wreck and it was obviously better to give it a break. But I have always wondered what if I did?

Myheart - gosh $23,000 + is sooo expensive and ........up to fate! I think I wld probably opt for SA too comparatively. I was just wondering do you feel a bit anxious or disappointed that your FS doesnt do your EC or tx, since she is the one you are consulting with? So then who does the tx - how do they work it out? My FS always does mine unless he is going to be on leave in which case he lets me know beforehand who will be doing the tx or ec (but he always likes to do his ec at least).

Ladies - have a general question - how many of you have ultrasounds during tx? I have never had any (although I guess I can request it). My FS says that it is uncomfortable enough of us ladies having a tx in the first place without having a full bladder and a nurse pressing down on the tummy while he is doing his bit! But next tx I am thinking of requesting ultrasound - I guess I just want a visual satisfaction that yes it is inside and maybe have a positive psychological effect !

hello everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, springtrain.... All the best for good news!!!

Ann17 I always had a ultrasound at monash. They explain everything while the transfere and you can see a little white spot which supposed to be the embie and that sauce were it is in.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-08-2013),SpringRain  (02-08-2013)