Closed Thread
Page 10 of 91 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Stillhope
    sorry I don't know anything about Ivf reproduction Sydney, I have heard that Genea are the best in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you team panda, I might just try monash again as it is closer and what I saw a bit "cheaper" than in Sydney. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stillhope... I've never heard about IVF Reproduction Sydney. I'm in Sydney, and have had cycles at Next Generation Fertility and at IVFAustralia, as well as have had information consultations at Fertility First. I have heard that Genea have slightly higher than average success rates, but them and Next Generation don't do anonymous donor sperm, so that's why I moved clinics to IVFA. Genea and IVFA are probably the most expensive out of the Sydney clinics, but apparently they have the most advanced labs. Lots of factors to consider though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    would anyone recommend IVF reproduction Sydney over Melbourne's monash IVF?
    I was unsuccessfull in Melb. And was just wondering if the chances in Sydney would be higher?
    thanks a lot everybody.
    Hi Stillhope,
    I don't know the answer to your question although I suggest you ask in the thread that discusses "Price and clinic comparisons". I asked if anyone had been to Genea there and got lots of answers.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by BH-tech; 07-01-2015 at 11:54. Reason: Image Error

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinybaby4me For This Useful Post:

StillHope  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just wanted to pop in and say good luck with all your cycles. Those of you considering Donor eggs I did 13 transfers over 6 years and no 14 was donor egg and now I have my beautiful girl. Sorry for barging in I do read along and thought I'd share my experience .

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to capricorn For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (29-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (30-07-2013),MusicalGal  (30-07-2013),SpringRain  (29-07-2013),StillHope  (30-07-2013),Team panda  (30-07-2013),Tinybaby4me  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know what intralipid is used for in ivf? It is something Dr Nick in Melbourne uses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Intralipids therapy during IVF treatment
    Intralipids have a suppressive action on certain components of the mother's immune system, essentially safeguarding the embryo from the immune reactions which might otherwise result in implantation failure.

Worldwide there is less clinical experience with Intralipids than with IVIG, but we have studied their use in our practice, and have found that our patients have enjoyed great success. Many women who have suffered multiple IVF treatment/implantation failures and who are unable to afford more expensive treatment options turn to Intralipids therapy.

Evidence from both animal and human studies suggest that intralipids administered intravenously may enhance implantation. We advocate aggressive treatment of immunologic implantation dysfunction in women undergoing IVF treatment. In cases where there has been NK cell activation we recommend the use of intralipids to down regulate (deactivate) the NK cells. So far, many women who otherwise might not have achieved success with IVF have gone from infertility to family.

About a year ago, we began evaluating the effect of Intralipid in patients who had activated Natural Killer cells, and for whom IVIG therapy would otherwise be indicated. Thus far we have treated more than 30 women with raised NK cell count in the lining of their womb (endometrium) using Intralipid 20%. More than 60% of the patients achieved viable ongoing pregnancies, showing Intralipid therapy to be at least as effective (and perhaps even more so) than IVIG. There were no significant side effects and patient tolerance of this treatment was high. We anticipate that patients receiving Intralipid will soon start reporting on their experience using Intralipid, on various discussion boards.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (30-07-2013),Team panda  (31-07-2013),Tinybaby4me  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heaps of pages out there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick visit, hope Tuesday is going well

Emski and Team Panda, thinking of you and sending lots of good wishes for EPU tomorrow hope to hear lots of good news about great egg hauls and fert rates

Bertie - my 2WW buddy, hope you aren't going too insane and things have been going well. I'm also using pregnyl, so no POAS for me.

DJ and Sunny, thinking of you too, hope your little beans are snuggling in

Fingers, how are you going, and are you close to EPU yet?

Ann, glad to hear things are progressing well with your DE cycle

HI Mrs P, Fort, Tinybaby, Stillhope and everyone else

AFM - well BT is tomorrow, no sign of AF, but still not particularly hopeful. I had a chance conversation with my FS early last week, in which PGD, amongst other things, was mentioned as a possible next step. So I have booked a follow up appointment, and have been channelling my 2WW crazy into madly researching the things mentioned for the upcoming appointment.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-07-2013),Team panda  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Team panda - it definitely isn't an easy decision. Trust me I still have pangs of sadness that it isn't going to be my egg, I guess that feeling will only go away once I am holding a healthy beautiful bub because then it certainly wont matter after nurturing it for 9 months. And I cant be too selfish, if I am lucky there is going to a genetic link to some extent. I have just gotten sick and tired of disappointing BFN after BFN every cycle and not counting the natural method and Clomids for the last 4.5yrs, so obviously I have to accept that eggs is the issue. Now if I had a fortune and time on my side I might still be doing stims. I live overseas currently due to my DH work so I don't have the luxury to drop in at QFG and have multiple stims; its a lot of planning, organising and timing (coupled with DH on to duty travel constantly, makes it really hard) for every stim......so I think it is time for me to move on to donor. Incidentally DH started considering donor eggs at the same time my niece offered earlier this year....he said to do stim 4 and 5 and then consider donor......I remember I was so upset with him and closed by heart, mind and ears to his words (I thought - surely things haven't gotten that bad!!!!), I was adamant not to consider DE. At the same time my sis and niece started drumming sense into me. I thought I cldnt put my niece through it and thought maybe anon donor - they thought I lost it at that point!! So it was 3 against 1 and after alot of soul searching and support from them I felt ready. Also reading DE journeys of other Bub-hubbers really really helped me a lot and felt that there's is still hope. Hopefully you wldnt have to go down this path and this the lucky cycle for you. Think positive, you have some nice follies and EPU tom girl!!! I remember talking about this to Musical girl in her 2ww and look what happened to her - she got preggos!!

Capricorn - thanks for your post, every bit of success story helps us potential DE recipients and DE recipients that we have made the right decision. With an AMH of 2.6 I think I have made the right decision, although I still truly believe that there is a golden egg in there somewhere, you never know it may just fall when I least expect it!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-07-2013),Team panda  (31-07-2013)