+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Michael Smith is not really a credible source IMO. Another right ring shock jock of the worst kind.
    Those photos must be fake then. Ad hom attacks are the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ok... Because people who agree with you and the BH majority must be informed... Someone simply jumping on the bleeding heart majority bandwagon would never happen...Everyone else who disagrees couldnt be looking at the issue from a different angle, experience or values ... their problem is they just are not informed.. Rightio...
    Much easier to jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd on BH. It saves having to think for yourself or and developing arguments.

It would be much better if BH just banned those who did not follow the crowd. We can't have diversity of opinion in this country.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (22-07-2013),Liddybugs  (22-07-2013),Meld85  (22-07-2013),mrsoptomistic  (22-07-2013),threechooks  (22-07-2013),VicPark  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    More from Michael Smith.
    http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2013...sturbance.html

Caution! These photos were posted by a 'right wing shock jock' so must be assumed to be fake.

Oh. Wait a minute. They are also found at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.
    http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/photos

Damn right wing shock jocks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Those photos must be fake then. Ad hom attacks are the best!
    Yes father didnt you know only media sources sprouting the BH majority line are reliable. Naughty you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good lord VP! Propaganda and bleeding hearts!

For my daily dose of propaganda I heard an interesting interview with Prof James Hathaway on abc this morning, will try to find the link later..

Should be an interesting Q and A tonight too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wrong thread again Father, this thread is about the PNG "solution". Please start another thread to discuss the issues around mandatory detention. This thread doesn't need derailing with this red herring.

More from Michael Smith.
    http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2013...sturbance.html

Caution! These photos were posted by a 'right wing shock jock' so must be assumed to be fake.

Oh. Wait a minute. They are also found at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.
    http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/photos

Damn right wing shock jocks!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2013),Busy-Bee  (22-07-2013),HollyGolightly81  (22-07-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (22-07-2013),risfaerie  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Much easier to jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd on BH. It saves having to think for yourself or and developing arguments.

It would be much better if BH just banned those who did not follow the crowd. We can't have diversity of opinion in this country.
    How fabulously ad hom!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2013),Busy-Bee  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Some times a picture says a thousand words.

Here are some of our latest arrivals.
    http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2013...hoto-lens.html

The last guy could have chosen a better t-shirt.
    I do not see anything concerning in these pictures of these people. The text is what is making assumptions. Good old shez!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't really understand comments thatattacking other posters for what has been an open discussion with manydoing their best to understanding what is, at best, a very confusing,conflicting and ultimately damning situation. Theserepetitive, cliché laden spiels are simply a cry forattention with the use of emotional language as the hook soas to stir the response they crave. Indeed, muddying an already murkywater with unrelated topics is yet another attention grabbing tactic thatsimply serves to strip them further of credibility. Which is a shame because the problem withthat is, is that it doesn't promote any value in their opinions (I have yetto see a formulated argument for the new policy btw)and doesn't allow them to move forward with their focus or towards communalenlightenment which is what productive discourse is all about. There is indeeda rule book – it’s called international law – and the fact remains is that thegovernment has yet to issue its full implementation proposal so a fullyinformed comment is impossible at present.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Good lord VP! Propaganda andbleeding hearts!

For my daily dose of propaganda I heard an interesting interview with ProfJames Hathaway on abc this morning, will try to find the link later..

Should be an interesting Q and A tonight too.

Babyla, I heard that interview this morning on RadioNational. Professor Hathaway made some interesting comments regarding the validityof this new policy and the High Court comments last year regarding enforcementability. I enjoy Q&A so I’ll be watching that too.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

babyla  (22-07-2013),HollyGolightly81  (22-07-2013)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfloss View Post
    As a Iranian refugee arriving here under UNHCR resettlement program, I whole heatedly support Kevin and Labour's policy.

There are legal ways of arriving here, arriving by boat is not one of them.
    I am not saying that the mere act of asylum seeking is illegal, however I do not support their arrival by boats.

Iranian refugees have the option to use "country of first asylum" Both UN and Australian Embassy process these applications in Pakistan, and more predominately in Turkey, the first safe country where they can seek and obtain effective protection outside their home country.

I am not saying asylum seekers arriving with boat are illegal,cause they have the right, under international laws. However I do call them queue jumpers, just because the queue is not in your back yard, does not mean it doesn't exist.
    Ask those in refugees in Pakistan and Turkey (who have been either locked up or release to community with no support and left to defend for themselves) waiting years and years to be processed.

I remember clearly, being referred to Australia was one of the worst outcomes specially if you were poor (like most were), and definitely not everyone's choice. Wonder why? cause after being referred USA and Canada , it would take less than 6 months to get them processed and moved, since the majority of referrals were in spring, you knew you are not going to be in Turkey for the harsh winter that awaited.

on contrast if one was referred to Australia, there was no telling when things would happen, until your welcome pack had arrived. I spent majority of my teenage years and young adult in Turkey waiting to be processed, despite having been assigned to Australian Embassy by UN (AKA my status as refugee been approved). Even though it was a desirable country, being referred to Australia was almost like saying Yay you are safe, as long as you can survive till they get around to your file.
    Each year their "quota" was full almost after a handful of people were processed. Each year, you would hang in there by a thread, only to be told the annual capacity has already been filled by other people arriving by boat, cause they get processed first. To me the only word to describe them is queue jumpers.

Australia is the only country to link its onshore and offshore refugee intakes. This means that every boat, or (over stay visa) plane arrival, results in one less spot for a refugee from overseas. Our current position not only fuels rhetoric about “queue jumping” but justifiably lessens the hope of those asylum seekers still in country of first asylum like Turkey, Indonesia or Malaysia that they will be resettled from there.

May be I am biased, maybe as a refugee being forced to collect cardboard from streets to burn for heat, day after day; and having to out run dog owners to local butchers in a hope of a bone so mum could make us a broth, rather than having just stale bread (cause it was cheaper to get); Grabbing rotten fruit and veggies at the end of the market, before cleaners move in, cause we couldn't afford to have them fresh. the memory of young people who died with a common cold, cause they didn't have money to buy medicine; may be deep down I am resentful of those queue jumper, but I will tell you what upsets me.

People arriving by boat are choosing which country they want to go to, like they choose their holiday destination. That is why they refuse to go through UNHCR, cause UN will send them to ANY safe country that has vacancy, not necessarily the country you like. Their biggest problem in detention becomes not enough cigarettes, and their excuse for running riots, not having smart phones.
    By Arriving here, they try to force our hand to accept them. cause they only want to be a refugee in Australia. If they are truly running for safety then it should not matter which country they get accepted in, and would go through UNHCR, and get a quicker result. Not to mention the fact that they have a passport to start with, means, they probably weren't on Iranian governments radar, cause your passport is one of the first thing you lose in Iran.

It upsets me that media is refusing this aspect, just so they can bash Kevin Rudd. He is doing the best he can to deal with the situation he is forced to faced.
    Finally!!! Someone with first hand experience and not just an academic knowledge on the matter

15. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (23-07-2013)