+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's so cute the way you think to call us "bleeding hearts" is an insult. I prefer "informed"..... if you insist on throwing labels around.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Just to clarify. There is no rule book saying your view on this is the correct view. And there's no rule book saying unless someone reads everything you recommend, and then backflip to have the exact same views as you, that they are not paying attention, aren't informed or don't have a right to their views.

There are three sides to every situation and I'm a cautious person. I don't just take the word of bleeding hearts who have never been in the situations they are taking about just because they claim to be on the high and mighty side of a debate.

I hereby announce I have no more desire to read/watch any links recommended by any of the bleeding hearts on this thread. I will get my information from the newspapers and TV in my own time. At least they won't nag me.

And yes I still think the PNG decision is a bad one but Im still deciding if the long term benefits (stopping the boats and people dying) are worth the short term costs (short term people sent to PNG) .

And guess what? I don't yet know how I'll vote. I may even vote Labor who knows. Perhaps I'll get banned from Bub Hub for admitting that!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (21-07-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would like to know how much Rudd is spending on the advertising I saw in the paper today saying if you arrive by boat you won't get a visa here (or something like that).

Um, if the refugees aren't here, how are they going to see the Australian papers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I would like to know how much Rudd is spending on the advertising I saw in the paper today saying if you arrive by boat you won't get a visa here (or something like that).

Um, if the refugees aren't here, how are they going to see the Australian papers?
    Their relatives who are already here and paying the smugglers on their behalf (not all the cases, just a large chunk).

And If Rudds advertisements have caused such a stink on BH... I wonder if any foreign news outlets have picked up on the story... Hmmmm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    It's so cute the way you think to call us "bleeding hearts" is an insult. I prefer "informed"..... if you insist on throwing labels around.
    Ok... Because people who agree with you and the BH majority must be informed... Someone simply jumping on the bleeding heart majority bandwagon would never happen...Everyone else who disagrees couldnt be looking at the issue from a different angle, experience or values ... their problem is they just are not informed.. Rightio...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (22-07-2013),mrsoptomistic  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To answer your question on foreifn news outlets picking this up, yea tgey have. Australias treatment of our previous PM, and now these new laws have been on CNN, Al Jezeera and the BBC. We are not looking great at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LotusMum For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post

There has been evidence indicating that there are smuggler networks working from within Australia. This is perhaps another reason why the Australian government has now offered a bounty for anyone involved in the capture of those responsible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    There has been evidence indicating that there are smuggler networks working from within Australia. This is perhaps another reason why the Australian government has now offered a bounty for anyone involved in the capture of those responsible.
    http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics...211-2e8xq.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some times a picture says a thousand words.

Here are some of our latest arrivals.
    http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2013...hoto-lens.html

The last guy could have chosen a better t-shirt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Michael Smith is not really a credible source IMO. Another right ring shock jock of the worst kind.