+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh try serving a cup of yoghurt with a little sprinkle of hundreds & thousands on top? The colour & fun of it might make yoghurt more appealing for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At 2 the recommendation is only 1 and half serves of calcium rich foods per day
    ( a serve is one cup of milk or tub of yogurt)

A teaspoon of chia seeds ( add to pasta, baked goods, eggs, sandwiches etc) , has 20% of their daily requirements as does a piece of tofu, a slice of wholemeal bread, fortified cereal plus when you add up all the fruit/ veggies / grains /meat you will be fine without dairy ( and better for iron absorption !)

Yogurt is probably the best/easiest dairy calcium source if you can get her to eat it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have very limited dairy here. My kids have almond milk, we make green smoothies each day, eat spinach and broccoli etc at meal times a lot. Kids also eat almonds as a snack. We sprinkle chia seeds on breakfast cereal and eat tofu in stir fries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I add chia seeds to any meal I possibly can.

Also, if you do want to try a flavoured milk (if you get desperate) I buy Vitarium Sugar Free Kids Chocolate powder (google it), the packet recommends 4 teaspoons per cup, however I use half a teaspoon and the kids love it. If my eldest doesn't eat much breaky before kinder I give her a cup of warm milk just so she has something in her tummy and she thinks its a lovely treat to get hot chocolate.