+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default transverse baby and pain..

Hi everyone.

Atm im 33+2 and I have a transverse baby. My last midwife app was 28 weeks and my next app is next week at 34 weeks due to this being baby #3. Just need some advice or reassurance as I havent slept in a few days from baby being up in my ribs. Either side hurts to lay on and I cant sleep on my back as my back ribs hurt to..so just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get through this cos im exhausted enough dealing with 2 energetic boys and being pregnant as it is...
    Thanks in advance! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have other kids but that transverse lie was very uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping on the couch. . facing away from the back of the couch with a pillow under my back so I was on a bit of a tilt and I was supported from the couch. . that probably doesn't make sense. It was the only way to be slightly comfortable. My bub turned at around 35 weeks or thereabouts. ..I hope your bub does!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Bo0tifuL  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pillows to prop you where you end up most comfortable at the time. My twins were transverse for a number of weeks and baby a turned head down at about 32 weeks or so. Baby B has been flipping between breech/transverse with head shifting from one side to the other side. I think he may have now turned head down, as things feel different (I had a lot of discomfort up under my ribs and his bulging back down one side of my belly for awhile). I'm now 36 weeks.

I hope your level of discomfort means you bubs is turning around the right way for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tap For This Useful Post:

Bo0tifuL  (19-07-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No personal experience, but this page on spinning babies is all about transverse lie, and ways to help.

http://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-p...tions/sideways

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Bo0tifuL  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hugs xx

my last bub was also #3 and was flipping from transverse to posterior from 28-36w and then settled into posterior - it was painful & I was taking panadol alot (hated that most) and 'slept' on the couch with heat bags etc. the worst was feeling limbs up in my ribs

I spent alot of time on all fours rocking to try & spin him, sitting forward instead of relaxing back, swimming also.. but he just didn't want to budge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

Bo0tifuL  (19-07-2013)