+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Makeup help

Ok I know there are a few hubbers out there that are awesome with makeup so hoping to get some advice!
    I'm going to a purple themed party on the weekend. I'm wearing a black dress (can't find anything purple lol) with purple cardi, heels & necklace. I would love to do something awesome with my eye makeup but I am so hopeless at eye makeup! Would love some hints on what to do and whether purple eyeshadow would suit me as I have quiet bad dark shadows and I'm worried it would look weird with them? Ill attatch a pic of my eyes in the next post, any ideas would be great! I'm thinking of getting eyelash extensions tomorrow so hopefully that will make my eyes a bit prettier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok can't attach pic but I have green eyes with purple dark shadows underneath them if that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You tube! There are some fantastic tutorials on there

Or you could buy a product from myer and get your make up done for free?

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love purple eye shadow! I use cover up stick on my dark shadows if they're really noticeable
    I also agree with youtubing some ideas because I'm super uncreative with make up

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd go a smoky eye with a touch of purple - sort of like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yQlv5vxKZ8

Purple will make green eyes look greener, just put a yellow or purple concealer dotted underneath your eye to counter dark shadows and blend with your foundation to cover any dark circles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Make sure your base is flawless to cover the dark circles... And then grab several shades of eyeshadow and blend like crazy. Watch YouTube vids for help!

Or...find an awesome purple lippy, have a flawless base, black gel or liquid liner with big black false lashes... Pinky tinted cheeks (sheer) and those purple lips could, depending on how you look naturally, be a lot easier and a rocking look that not everyone will have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh loving these ideas!!

Sassy any tips for a flawless base?

Also does quality matter when it comes to eyeshadow? I have 1 of those big palettes with lots of colours, would better quality stuff do a heaps better job?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    For base... Ideally you will have a primer, foundation, concealer and finishing product. In reality... That's prob too much outlay if you don't wear makeup much. Lol.

Depending on how dark these circles are... A concealer is prob going to help. And then for foundation, get one that works for you if you don't already. A primer is going to be awesome too, but if you can't be stuffed just make sure you cleanse/moisturise first.

As for the shadow it just depends how many shades you have to work with (because most shadow looks combine several shades) and how pigmented you want it. Often cheaper shadows aren't too pigmented. But have a play at the shop and see what you're happy with. I think if you got a vibrant purple, a black and a pearl colour (or gold or silver or white even... Just something you can blend with the purple) you should be fine to create something you're happy with.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (18-07-2013),Just*Ace  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I got the eyelash extensions today and they are pretty dramatic! They seem to be too long along my eye lid (not the length) might have to skip the eyeshadow I dont want to draw more attention to them!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monirul View Post
    The coming of fall is unmistakably in the air. With its wonderful crispness, beautiful foliage, and cozy evenings by the fire, it is hard not to find a million and one things to love about this season. However, as the air dries out, the winds pick up, and the sun begins to set earlier, its important to adjust your skin care routine accordingly.
    Ummm...... we're in the southern hemisphere... 'fall' won't be 'in the air' for another six months