+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Different Vitamins when TTC

I have been faithfully taking my Elevit every morning and thinking that was all I needed. I just skimmed a thread a little further down that mentions Elevit alone may not supply everything you need when TTC and some people supplement with other vitamins. There weren't many responses to the thread and I'm still wondering - Is this true? What other vitamins are people taking when TTC and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Although I am not yet TTC. I have done a heap of research and my work colleague is TTC atm. So the pharmacist advised her to take Blackmore conceive well and to also take an extra folic acid supplement for a boost. Thing she is also on vitex to regulate her cycle as she has PCOS. Hope that helps somewhat. Oh and her hubby was told to take a multi vit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering the same... I just started on conceive well gold, taking vitamin c, and vitamin e and the doc put me on vit d cos I was deficient in my first pregnancy. Hubby is also taking a multi, vitamin e and zinc. Zinc apparently helps with healthy sperm, vitamin e apparently helps with increasing cervical mucus for the woman and is also given to men while going through the ivf process although I cant seem to find an exact answer on why. Vitamin b6 helps to increase progesterone and helps to lengthen the luteal phase if needed and is best taken in a complex with b12. The b vitamins are in your pregnancy/conception multis though. CoQ10 is recommended for women over 30 as it increases egg quality.

Seriously though with a balanced diet a multi should be enough. Careful not to take too much folic acid, it is important but not in high doses and what is in a multi is enough. If you took everything that you read is important for conception you would go broke! Also remember when our mums had us they didnt take all of these extra things and we all turned out pretty good

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seeing dr warren DeAmbrosis for iui. He put me on metafol (folio acid- apparently that's the brand he recommends, about $6 for a bottle of 100? I think) vitamin E, CoQ10, zinc, fish oil, low dose aspirin (to help with implantation) and 1 berocca a day. And I had already bought the swisse pregnancy tablets so figured I'd take those too. If you would like to know the doses, I'll have a look when I get home tonight.