+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread but I think that it is fair enough for him to go out and have a few drinks as long as he is ok to drive, or doesn't write himself off too much if he does have a few. (maybe if he has a mate who owes him one, his mate could stay sober enough to ensure he can get back to you. Maybe you could have a girls night with a friend and have some pizza and mocktails/cup of tea so you aren't on your own and he can have a bit of a blow out before the new bub comes.
    I like the idea of asking a mate to not get too drunk, but I havent actually met these guys. I have no idea what they are like...

If it was his usual group of friends then I'd be fine asking them that and probably feel good knowing they would be watching his droning too.

He has a few really responsible mates who would be respectful, and then there's the other group who drink and party a lot and don't care about stuff who probably wouldn't listen if i asked to try not to drink much and now also these ones I haven't met.....

If I knew what they were like I'd feel better too.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 19-07-2013 at 00:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Lola sorry to intrude but just reading along isn't he worried you d go into labour? What if it happens so fast you can't contact him and he misses it?
    I know id prefer if DH was with me at 39 weeks incase I went into labour.

Anyway im a stress anxiety freak so im probably no help to you hehe I was just curious. I do wish I was more care free

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that going close by to see mates is ok but he needs to be sober steve and 100% contactable just in case bub decides its time to go. Maybe advise him that if he makes the choice to go and drink he is banned from delivery room if bub comes.... labour is hard enough without a drunk man in the room that you want to throttle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd let him go, but send the car with him so you would feel comfortable knowing if you need him he'd be home in 15 mins. If you need the car for dd he could be home in 15.. If it was an emergency you'd be calling an ambulance so really you're not in any danger not having the car.. & would solve your lack of taxi worries!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    How is it irrational? I'm just curious.

Yeah I know what you mean, if nothing happens he missed out etc.
    But I also don't go out. And haven't been to a pub/club since my hens night. He's been out drinking earlier during my pregnancy. Even away for Easter weekend.

We both agreed to get pregnant and be parents.

We are supposed to be a team.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    He has been going to work and back with his boss while we have only had one car. His boss will get him home right away if I call saying its time.

Look, I know he can't be by my side 24/7 just in case. But I think I just feel like it won't hurt him to not go out this time. I won't be, so why is it any different for him? Because I'm pregnant and he's not?
    It's our baby, not just mine.

Work is different.

But if its the pub drinking and I went into labour I'd be asking him to put that part of his life on hold.

I've put my life on hold to be pregnant. Stopped work in the last couple of weeks and I don't go out drinking anymore. I am at home with DD all the time.

I'd feel like it was a bit of a double standard if I told him not to put his life on hold because I'm in labour/heavily pregnant. If DH won't support me in that time who will? That's a bit unfair :-/

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    This is what I feel is irrational, the whole 'WE are pregnant, we are tied to the hip' type thing. It's kinda obvious you're not going to go out and have a beer, you're pregnant. Your husband isn't. He doesn't have to sit back on the lounge feeling emotional and eating weird food cravings just because you are. (not saying you said that, but you are suggesting you are 'both pregnant').

There are a whole heap of other things you've said as well that I find odd, but I don't have time to rattle them off atm. But that's ^^^ the main one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read the whole thread but I wouldn't be upset in the slightest but that's just me, i cant get my DH to leave the house often enough! Id love the time to myself. My DH is going to the US for a wedding when I'm 36 weeks....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    This is what I feel is irrational, the whole 'WE are pregnant, we are tied to the hip' type thing. It's kinda obvious you're not going to go out and have a beer, you're pregnant. Your husband isn't. He doesn't have to sit back on the lounge feeling emotional and eating weird food cravings just because you are. (not saying you said that, but you are suggesting you are 'both pregnant').

There are a whole heap of other things you've said as well that I find odd, but I don't have time to rattle them off atm. But that's ^^^ the main one.
    No of course he doesn't have to act like a pregnant woman lol I didn't mean to imply he should sit at home and do everything I do. That's a bit silly.

I guess its just a difference in opinion as to what you would feel happy with while you were heavily pregnant.

Its just this one time I've not wanted him to go out & gave my reasons. Otherwise he's been a free man.
    I guess if that's irrational then so be it.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently pregnant with our fifth baby and I would be fine with DH going out.
    But, he would take the car, stay sober and have his phone on. If I had any niggles or anything that day, then of course he would stay home.

I tend to go overdue though, but if on the odd chance I went early at least I know he is only 15 minutes away. I have quite fast labours (last was under 2 hours) which he is well aware of so he wouldn't go further from home than that.

I can't tell him what to do, and certainly don't need to give him permission to go out, but he is totally respectful of me and how I am feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by caribbean; 21-10-2013 at 19:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really think you could come to a compromise.

If it was me I'd let him go out. I'd suggest he take the car (no taxi delays that way) and would expect he remained under the limit and was available on the phone.