+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No way, 2d pregnancy if DH is going out he needs to stay off the booze and in the area (ie within a 30 min cab ride).

I'd be stressed out of anything happening and him not able to drive to the maternity ward :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The point is you don't feel comfortable with it and you have every right not to. A heavily pregnant women doesn't need extra stress and worry, you need calm and comfortable. I've never been pregnant but if my DH wanted to go out when I was 39 weeks I reckon I'd be pretty ****ed. I don't see it as OTT at all. I'd never do anything my DH doesn't feel comfortable with me doing and I expect the same in return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havent read all the responses. I think I would have been okay with it, but we do live in the country so going out is about 10 mins drive away and also my Mum lives close so I would have had back up if we needed to go to the hospital.

My DH went away for work when I was 38 weeks pregnant and he went out one night and turned his phone off when he went to bed and he forgot to turn it on the next morning....when I happened to be calling him endlessly to let him know I was in hospital on a drip because I'd had gastro since the minute he left. He was left with strict instructions after that to NOT EVER TURN HIS PHONE OFF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lolakitty, I'm in almost the same situation as you, 39 weeks tomorrow (yay!) and a friend of DH rang last weekend and wanted to organise drinks for tomorrow night at the pub. I could hear them talking on the phone and I just raised one eyebrow at him, haha he clearly got the msg and he isn't going anywhere

I did stop and think the situation through as he continued talking to his friend and thought lets be fair and i then suggested for them to come around to ours and obviously not get blind drunk ie 2 drinks etc. This is our first so don't have to worry about having a toddler sleeping or anything like that.

DH is trust worthy but he can sometimes get easily influenced to just have one more when he's a bit tipsy and could end up getting a bit drunk also he is a sleepy drunk as well so would be useless for hours after (looks very cute all curled up asleep and hungover, hehe).

I guess each to their own and what they're most comfortable with but I guess some points for me are... Have you ever tried to get a taxi in Perth? Haha it's a frickin joke!! True, labour usually takes a while, especially if it 's your first like me but it could still be quick, guess you don't know until, well, it happens! And as for work, DH works shift work so he has been away several nights in a row this last week and I've had to deal but I've got his supervisors no. and he has lights on top of his car which means he can go fast when required, yay!!

I've already said that I'm happy for him to go out a couple of weeks after as a sort of wetting the head thing? (Think that's what it's called!) most of all though and where this differs to you is that he doesn't seem upset about it really (think he's secretly glad as we've been enjoying spending time as just the two of us!)

Hope this makes you feel a bit better about the situation and that you're not being unreasonable! xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CatesBean For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    And clarifying that I haven't asked him to give up alcohol or going out, some people don't read all the comments.

I don't think I have argued with anyone?

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    You just seem really defensive towards anyone that's said they'd be okay with their DH going out. I get being pregnant and feeling hormonal and vulnerable and ultimately, he stayed home. All's well that ends well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatesBean View Post
    Hi Lolakitty, I'm in almost the same situation as you, 39 weeks tomorrow (yay!) and a friend of DH rang last weekend and wanted to organise drinks for tomorrow night at the pub. I could hear them talking on the phone and I just raised one eyebrow at him, haha he clearly got the msg and he isn't going anywhere

I did stop and think the situation through as he continued talking to his friend and thought lets be fair and i then suggested for them to come around to ours and obviously not get blind drunk ie 2 drinks etc. This is our first so don't have to worry about having a toddler sleeping or anything like that.

DH is trust worthy but he can sometimes get easily influenced to just have one more when he's a bit tipsy and could end up getting a bit drunk also he is a sleepy drunk as well so would be useless for hours after (looks very cute all curled up asleep and hungover, hehe).

I guess each to their own and what they're most comfortable with but I guess some points for me are... Have you ever tried to get a taxi in Perth? Haha it's a frickin joke!! True, labour usually takes a while, especially if it 's your first like me but it could still be quick, guess you don't know until, well, it happens! And as for work, DH works shift work so he has been away several nights in a row this last week and I've had to deal but I've got his supervisors no. and he has lights on top of his car which means he can go fast when required, yay!!

I've already said that I'm happy for him to go out a couple of weeks after as a sort of wetting the head thing? (Think that's what it's called!) most of all though and where this differs to you is that he doesn't seem upset about it really (think he's secretly glad as we've been enjoying spending time as just the two of us!)

Hope this makes you feel a bit better about the situation and that you're not being unreasonable! xx
    Thanks

Nice to hear there's others in my shoes lol
    I would be happy for them to come here, DD is a good sleeper, his friends come here often and she doesnt wake up.
    They can have a drink and I'll know where DH is and that he's able to drive.

I'll suggest it to him tomorrow and he should be up for it.
    Hopefully these guys will be ok with the idea, they know I'm heavily pregnant and not just a nasty woman who keeps DH on a leash lol

And then they can plan something for after the birth. As I said before I'm happy for him to go out after I've had him. He can even go out while I'm in hospital if he likes! His mum will have DD. he will be totally free

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 18-07-2013 at 23:33.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    You just seem really defensive towards anyone that's said they'd be okay with their DH going out. I get being pregnant and feeling hormonal and vulnerable and ultimately, he stayed home. All's well that ends well.
    I haven't been meaning to sound defensive, just some people seemed to have the impression I don't let him do anything which isn't the case.

I haven't replied to everyone who's disagreed me with. Probably only about 5 or 6.
    The rest of my replies are to people who agreed with me.

And it's tomorrow night he was planning on going, so I'm still debating actually. Maybe I'll feel better and actually tell him to go. Who knows.

I just wanted to talk about it. And if I'm being told I'm irrational or over the top I can ask why that is I think?

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 18-07-2013 at 23:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read all the replies. It's completely up to you op. if you say "I'd rather you stay home", then yes he should.

Personally my DH went out (bucks ) when I was 39 weeks. I actually drove him there I felt so ok. I just enjoyed the night in by myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    Haven't read all the replies. It's completely up to you op. if you say "I'd rather you stay home", then yes he should.

Personally my DH went out (bucks ) when I was 39 weeks. I actually drove him there I felt so ok. I just enjoyed the night in by myself!
    Thanks

Oh yeah for a bucks I wouldn't tell him no.
    Any special occasion id feel mean I think unless I was actually contracting lol

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't read the whole thread but I think that it is fair enough for him to go out and have a few drinks as long as he is ok to drive, or doesn't write himself off too much if he does have a few. (maybe if he has a mate who owes him one, his mate could stay sober enough to ensure he can get back to you. Maybe you could have a girls night with a friend and have some pizza and mocktails/cup of tea so you aren't on your own and he can have a bit of a blow out before the new bub comes.