+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't get me wrong, I came on here asking for opinions on what you would do if you were in the situation, but I didn't think I was being over the top or irrational.
    Ive been pretty easy going with his drinking and mates coming and going at all hours of the night in our relationship.

I thought maybe I was being a little silly in feeling upset but its valid me not really wanting him too.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpairplusone View Post
    I don't think you are irrational at all..he's had 9 months to go out & has to go right at the end of your pregnancy?? I'd be livid with DH & tbh he wouldn't even suggest it.
    Well he has gone out earlier in my pregnancy. There's been friends birthdays he's gone out to and to mates houses for drinks. He's even stayed the night a couple of times earlier in my pregnancy.

So he does go out. It's just not all the time anymore.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    To be honest it wouldn't bother me in the slightest *shrugs* our ds's Edd was DHs 21st bday and he stayed home just incase, nothing happened he then went out with the boys the night after, didnt bother me at all hell all I wanted to do at that stage was sleep lol DS didn't come til 8 days past his Edd (just a FYI) so yes clearly not an issue here

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wouldn't bother me if it was my DH, as long as I was feeling okay & not having any dramas.

I can understand why he wants to go out, he hasn't seen these guys since school and is excited to catch up.

Personally, I went out all the time when pregnant even at the end (obviously not drinking). Being pregnant isn't a reason to stop living life and I love socializing.

FWIW: I was also happy to be designated driver, didn't bother me at all. My DH works hard to support our little family and gives up so much for us, he deserves a night out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    To be honest it wouldn't bother me in the slightest *shrugs* our ds's Edd was DHs 21st bday and he stayed home just incase, nothing happened he then went out with the boys the night after, didnt bother me at all hell all I wanted to do at that stage was sleep lol DS didn't come til 8 days past his Edd (just a FYI) so yes clearly not an issue here
    For a 21st I'd let it slide

My hubby is a 33 year old who has do e a lot of partying during our relationship and its not a special occasion.

I know it's not guaranteed I'll go into labour tomorrow night. I just think it wouldn't hurt him to not go.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    It wouldn't bother me if it was my DH, as long as I was feeling okay & not having any dramas.

I can understand why he wants to go out, he hasn't seen these guys since school and is excited to catch up.

Personally, I went out all the time when pregnant even at the end (obviously not drinking). Being pregnant isn't a reason to stop living life and I love socializing.

FWIW: I was also happy to be designated driver, didn't bother me at all. My DH works hard to support our little family and gives up so much for us, he deserves a night out!
    No pregnancy isn't a reason to stop living.
    But we also have a 2 year old so I have to stay in with her. I can't be the driver.
    I had been the driver when I was pregnant with DD though a couple of times

I also work hard too, I'm just on maternity leave now.
    And DH knows he can have a night out. I've never said no to him before.
    He's been out during my pregnancies.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm with you OP.

If DH wanted to go out and I was 39 weeks pregnant, I would say no as it would probably make me anxious and uncomfortable. If my DH couldn't respect that and forgo one night out to make his heavily pregnant wife content, then we would totally have a problem...

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I came on here asking for opinions on what you would do if you were in the situation, but I didn't think I was being over the top or irrational.
    Ive been pretty easy going with his drinking and mates coming and going at all hours of the night in our relationship.

I thought maybe I was being a little silly in feeling upset but its valid me not really wanting him too.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    But it's also valid for people to think it's over the top. Some people agree with you, others don't. If you just want opinions I'm not sure why you're arguing the point with people who don't agree. It seems that you've decided you're justified in not wanting him to go, and you know what? That's totally ok. But it's also totally ok that other people will think it's irrational or over the top. Everyone's relationship is different, the fact that the responses have been pretty 50/50 should tell you you're justified, it's not like everyone's said you're being unfair.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (18-07-2013),Smyles  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    But it's also valid for people to think it's over the top. Some people agree with you, others don't. If you just want opinions I'm not sure why you're arguing the point with people who don't agree. It seems that you've decided you're justified in not wanting him to go, and you know what? That's totally ok. But it's also totally ok that other people will think it's irrational or over the top. Everyone's relationship is different, the fact that the responses have been pretty 50/50 should tell you you're justified, it's not like everyone's said you're being unfair.
    I was only asking why it was irrational...

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    And clarifying that I haven't asked him to give up alcohol or going out, some people don't read all the comments.

I don't think I have argued with anyone?

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 18-07-2013 at 23:13.