+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I would set some rules but let him go. When I was late pregnant with DS1 I still let hubby go to the pub on the proviso that he not drink too much and he not care if I called the pub looking for him (no mobile service). At 38 weeks I went to a 21st with him because it was out of phone service at a hall. If he had of had phone service he would have gone alone.
    Both times I have gone into labour hubby has been at least 2 hours drive away and hasn't left straight away when I called him because he had work to do. If things had of gone quick and I had to labour/birth alone then so be it. He can't put our livelihood or his life on hold just because tonight might be the night.
    Work is different.

But if its the pub drinking and I went into labour I'd be asking him to put that part of his life on hold.

I've put my life on hold to be pregnant. Stopped work in the last couple of weeks and I don't go out drinking anymore. I am at home with DD all the time.

I'd feel like it was a bit of a double standard if I told him not to put his life on hold because I'm in labour/heavily pregnant. If DH won't support me in that time who will? That's a bit unfair :-/

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 18-07-2013 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I think that you are being OTT (eg a guy simply cannot get pregnant so I do not understand the argument that they should also give up alcohol, certain foods, going out late in the pregnancy for example) but if it means that much to you explain all of your reasons to him and I am sure that your husband will understand and do as you ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It wouldn't worry me. As long as DF wasn't drunk I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *shrug* I have to agree. As long as he's safe to drive and not travelling too far away I probably wouldn't be that concerned. That's just me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTruth View Post
    Personally I think that you are being OTT (eg a guy simply cannot get pregnant so I do not understand the argument that they should also give up alcohol, certain foods, going out late in the pregnancy for example) but if it means that much to you explain all of your reasons I am sure that your husband will understand and do as you ask.
    I could very well be being a bit OTT, but I think most women are while heavily pregnant.

I have not asked him to give up alcohol, he's drank plenty of times in my pregnancy and my daughters pregnancy. He hasn't given up a thing.
    Except me not wanting him to go out once because I'm 39 weeks.

And asking him to give up certain foods would be insane.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lola kitty I agree with you on this one!! I must say my hubby would never go out if I was 39 weeks. He is way too considerate for that! Plus our local pub is about 100km away

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a perfectly reasonable request that he not go out, he'll get over it.

My DH went out 3 days before my due date, I was pretty angry about it. I didn't stop him though, but I did tell myself that if I did go into labour I wouldn't bother calling him, he could figure it out on his own and if he missed the birth then that's his own fault! He does tell me I'm horribly passive aggressive at times

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's it, it's just this once I'm not comfortable with it.

I wouldn't do something he was uncomfortable with.

I can understand people thinking I was mean if I had made him stop drinking when I discovered I was UTD and he hasn't had a night out in years. But geez, to say no he's not going once in his life won't kill him.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (18-07-2013),HippyGirl85  (19-07-2013),Kellbell85  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RandR View Post
    I think it's a perfectly reasonable request that he not go out, he'll get over it.

My DH went out 3 days before my due date, I was pretty angry about it. I didn't stop him though, but I did tell myself that if I did go into labour I wouldn't bother calling him, he could figure it out on his own and if he missed the birth then that's his own fault! He does tell me I'm horribly passive aggressive at times
    Lol well, it would be his own fault really!

I never really actually said 'no' either. I was just upset after he told me he was going and then he was like 'oh fine then, I'm not going!' And had a sook.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    For me, I would be ok with it. But then, I know that I can trust my DH to only have one or two, and to be home at a time we agreed. You said it yourself when you said your DH is easily influenced. Therefore, to me, it wouldn't matter necessarily what agreement you made, you don't feel you can trust him to keep it. And if his behaviour in the past means that he genuinely deserves that doubt in him, then I don't think he can be too upset.