+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be furious!!! At 39 weeks you could need him at anytime and also need him sober to drive you to the hospital! Plus a sober husband/partner is a much better support as opposed to one who has had one too many beers!!! Oh dear some men have no idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, that is definitely something my hubby would do! He seems to think the 'due date' is set in stone and the baby wouldn't possibly come on any other day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It wouldn't bother me, I'd prefer him to go before the new baby arrived then a week after when you have a 2 year old and a newborn.
    Obviously he needs to be close by, not get blind drunk and have his phone on him at all times.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (19-07-2013),Niki24  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be furious. The drinking ban started early in our house when I was pregnant because my ob was pretty sure I was ready from 30 weeks. DH has had plenty of nights out in his time and there was so way I was going to go through labour and birth with him drunk, and I didn't want our babies first whiff of daddy to be when he reeked of bourbon (which might sound dumb but oh well). I had preterm labour at 32 weeks, followed by a week in hospital while they held off contractions and then DS was born at 36 weeks after a 4 hr labour (and I was completely fine until 20 mins before I held bub, so the last bit especially was unexpectedly quick and both my ob and paed missed the birth because the mw didn't think I was that close). Like you said, you both made the choice to be parents and missing a drink with some randoms isn't going to kill him!!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't have a problem. Better before the baby comes than after, right? As long as he stayed under the limit and wasn't out all hours. It seems a bit ott to me (to me! I'm sure not to everyone)- he can't be by your side 24/7 for the last few weeks, I mean he would go to work in the day, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would set some rules but let him go. When I was late pregnant with DS1 I still let hubby go to the pub on the proviso that he not drink too much and he not care if I called the pub looking for him (no mobile service). At 38 weeks I went to a 21st with him because it was out of phone service at a hall. If he had of had phone service he would have gone alone.
    Both times I have gone into labour hubby has been at least 2 hours drive away and hasn't left straight away when I called him because he had work to do. If things had of gone quick and I had to labour/birth alone then so be it. He can't put our livelihood or his life on hold just because tonight might be the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make him a deal that he comes home at midnight and prebooks a taxi for that time?

I've never seen a pub that doesn't have at once least one taxi waiting outside, pubs are easily moneymakers in the evening/night.

What's your plan during the day when he's work? Can you replicate that plan for the evening?

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally it wouldn't bother me, and I probably wouldn't even give it a second thought.

But, if I wasn't comfortable with it even in the slightest, then I would ask him to stay home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has been going to work and back with his boss while we have only had one car. His boss will get him home right away if I call saying its time.

Look, I know he can't be by my side 24/7 just in case. But I think I just feel like it won't hurt him to not go out this time. I won't be, so why is it any different for him? Because I'm pregnant and he's not?
    It's our baby, not just mine.

I'd actually rather he go out after the baby is born. When he is 5 weeks-ish would be fine with me.
    I'm not going to need DH suddenly and in a hurry then.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've thought about deals with drink limits and curfews, but I don't even know the guys he would be going with.

My DH can be easily influenced sometimes. I hate to say it but he could very well end up getting talked into more than he should to drink if the guys are like that. I've never met them.
    Who knows.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!