+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I guess we just see things differently. I just can't justify saying no to my DH when he maybe only goes out 2-3 times a year without me, and I would feel guilty if he stayed home and absolutely nothing happened. If he went out drinking every weekend, it would be a different story though.
    Yeah I know what you mean, if nothing happens he missed out etc.
    But I also don't go out. And haven't been to a pub/club since my hens night. He's been out drinking earlier during my pregnancy. Even away for Easter weekend.

We both agreed to get pregnant and be parents.

We are supposed to be a team.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Livvey View Post
    I'd be ok with it if he was still under the limit, wasn't too far from home, and was contactable at all times. I'm the sort of gal who'd take the opportunity to have some 'me' time while I could though
    Same here put your feet up and put on the girliest DVDs you own

Thanks
    Reviews
    But how do you feel about the taxi? That could be pretty unreliable :-/

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be happy, my waters broke at 38.4 without warning & I'd be stuffed if I had a 2 yr old at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable with it, but i get paranoia over dh going out anyway (not because I don't trust him, because he got assaulted on a night out and has an acquired brain injury now).

I'd probably let him go if it was close to him, he wouldn't drink much and be home at a reasonable hour.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be happy with it either. It's not much to ask to leave it for a couple of weeks. Just makes things more stressful for you when it doesn't have to be! Ergh imagine going into labour and having a drunk hubby to put up with as well! My hubby was organising to go on a camping trip (just overnight) when I would be extremely pregnant and would not have phone reception. I think sometimes men just don't think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You know what OP after thinking more, you're 39 weeks pregnant, if you feel like he should stay home then he should stay home. End of story.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (18-07-2013),HippyGirl85  (19-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (19-07-2013),SoThisIsLove  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    I wouldn't be happy with it either. It's not much to ask to leave it for a couple of weeks. Just makes things more stressful for you when it doesn't have to be! Ergh imagine going into labour and having a drunk hubby to put up with as well! My hubby was organising to go on a camping trip (just overnight) when I would be extremely pregnant and would not have phone reception. I think sometimes men just don't think!
    Lol oh dear

My hubby's mates girlfriend was heavily pregnant - I think overdue even - when they went on this huge fishing afternoon.
    They were an hour away on a boat.
    I didn't care as DD was about 1 but I'm sure his mates girl was fuming.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be fine with it. The way I would see it is that DH may as well have a night out before the birth as afterwards he would not be having one for a little while.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Smyles  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No way my dh would even think he could go out drinking at that stage. Lets face it I am a over the top emotional crazy lady when I am heavily pregnant and he values his life too much to even suggest going out somewhere with out me (we don't drink).