+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to offer a different idea here and say, I would be fine with it. But within reason.
    Maybe tell your husband to choose a drinking establishment that is close to home. To not exceed two beers/one spirit, so that he is still in a capable mind if you need him. Give him a time frame.
    I understand why you wouldn't want him going yes, but I think with some reasonable rules in place, then I don't see a problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

Niki24  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh it's about 15 minutes away and he wouldn't get trashed. But really, I'd rather him sober if I did happen to go into labour rather than on a few drinks.

They are getting a taxi too, so there's that concern (as at the moment out second car is out of action and I want the car at all times in case I need it for DD for any reason)

Dd would be in bed (she goes to bed at 7)

I'd just rather not have to worry about calling him or have any kind of stress. It's just so much nicer to have him here over night time if it happened.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be ok with it if he was still under the limit, wasn't too far from home, and was contactable at all times. I'm the sort of gal who'd take the opportunity to have some 'me' time while I could though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand wanting the 'me' time, but since i went on maternity leave a couple of weeks ago I get plenty of it while he is at work anyway & Dd is napping lol

And imagine if they had trouble getting a taxi?

I just think its silly to risk over a night at the pub. There's plenty of other nights he can go out after I've given birth.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be comfortable with it. DH went out when I was 35+ weeks but he didn't drink to make sure he could take me to the hospital if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't have a problem with it. My DH doesn't go out very often, so I didn't say no to him when he went out the night before I went into labour with my 3rd child. I had a few girlfriends come over for dinner to keep me company but they left well before he even came home.

I just know that labour isn't usually a big emergency type of situation. Even if he was over the limit (wouldn't be by a lot because I know he isn't a big drinker), I would of rang my mum or MIL or friend to come and pick me up, and he could of met me at the hospital.

The only time that I would get really ****ed is if he got fall over/vomit every where type drunk just before I was ready to give birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if I called my mum to pick me up to take me to hospital while in labour because he was at the pub she would be pretty annoyed at him.
    His mum would be too, she is coming to our place to take care if DD while we are having Bub. I think she would have a go at him if she knew to be honest.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    If be fine with it for #2 as I know I labour loooong so there'd be no rush once I had my first inkling of action.
    Was your first quick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess we just see things differently. I just can't justify saying no to my DH when he maybe only goes out 2-3 times a year without me, and I would feel guilty if he stayed home and absolutely nothing happened. If he went out drinking every weekend, it would be a different story though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first wasn't quick - but that doesn't mean anything.
    I have had friends have a longish first and a quick second.
    You never know with labour.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty